Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011 - Page 29

post #421 of 527


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipsupt View Post





I'm hoping that there will be some vinyl rigs there... I've been toying with the idea of setting up a vinyl rig to play some old stuff and check out my Dad's collection which has been collecting dust for years now.  It would be great to see how to set something decent up and what it sounds like... of course I can relate that it's not exacly easy to transport, so no worries if you choose to not lug it.

 



I'll plan on bringing it.  I'll try and bring a decent variety of vinyl too.

post #422 of 527

I can see it now... spilled beer sizzling on the Mullards.  eek.gif

post #423 of 527

I've been busy lately, but it looks like I should be able to attend this meet.  If there is still space available, here's what I'll be able to bring:

Unison Research Unico CD

Trafomatic Experience Head One

Grado HF2 with reverse quarter-modded HD414 pads

post #424 of 527

Countdown:    2 days

post #425 of 527

Rain, rain, go away...

 

Does the hotel have a covered area where cars can park while equipment is being loaded and unloaded?

post #426 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcn View Post

Rain, rain, go away...

 

Does the hotel have a covered area where cars can park while equipment is being loaded and unloaded?



Pretty sure it's outdoor parking, but I'm sure CEE TEE knows for certain. 

 

post #427 of 527

Hey all,

 

It'll be great to meet everyone there! The final Schiit plans are:

 

1. Both Mike Moffat and I will be attending.

2. We're bringing:

 

Lyr (final production version) --> LCD-2s (or whatever you want--got any K1000? HE-6?)

Valhalla --> Senn 650s or Beyer 990s (or, as above--bring your high-impedance cans)

Asgard --> Grado PS1000 (or, you know how it goes--bring it on!)

 

3. As far as digits go, we're declining to show any prototype stuff, because the sheetmetal gives away too much, even in ugly form. Yes, it's that obvious. No, we're not going to tell yet. So you get to enjoy some truly antique Theta gear. Which may surprise you. We'll hook up whatever you have as sources as well.

 

See you there on the 19th!

 

post #428 of 527

Hi Jason,

 

Will you be bringing any amps with you for us to buy? :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Hey all,

 

It'll be great to meet everyone there! The final Schiit plans are:

 

1. Both Mike Moffat and I will be attending.

2. We're bringing:

 

Lyr (final production version) --> LCD-2s (or whatever you want--got any K1000? HE-6?)

Valhalla --> Senn 650s or Beyer 990s (or, as above--bring your high-impedance cans)

Asgard --> Grado PS1000 (or, you know how it goes--bring it on!)

 

3. As far as digits go, we're declining to show any prototype stuff, because the sheetmetal gives away too much, even in ugly form. Yes, it's that obvious. No, we're not going to tell yet. So you get to enjoy some truly antique Theta gear. Which may surprise you. We'll hook up whatever you have as sources as well.

 

See you there on the 19th!

 

post #429 of 527

Unfortunately, nope. We're currently in a major production crunch. Lyr pre-order is sold out, Asgard and Valhalla are headed into back-order (short, 2 weeks-ish.)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANGES View Post

Hi Jason,

 

Will you be bringing any amps with you for us to buy? :)
 

post #430 of 527

Awww. :(

 

Perhaps we can help lighten your load on the way home by buying the demo amps you're bringing. :)

 

Looking forward to hearing the Asgard though. I'm pretty sure that's going to be my next purchase, because I've been looking for an SS amp to leave at my girlfriend's house. Her apartment is always freezing in there (it's pretty much a basement), so the Asgard can double as a space heater also. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Unfortunately, nope. We're currently in a major production crunch. Lyr pre-order is sold out, Asgard and Valhalla are headed into back-order (short, 2 weeks-ish.)

 


 


 

post #431 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANGES View Post




I'm assuming the hotel has a bar somewhere. I'd bring beer, but there might be underaged head-fiers at the meet. Wouldn't want CEE TEE to get in trouble, since he's more or less leading this whole meet. :)

The hotel doesn't allow beer or any other adult beverages that weren't bought from or through them to be consumed in the hotel conference rooms.

That's not to say that we haven't but you have to hide it from the hotel staff. We were caught after a meet a couple of times back and were told to cut it out (they weren't rude or anything but they did make it clear).
 

post #432 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjAmTraX View Post

Beer at 8:00 AM??? Hum.... I can do that. biggrin.gif


It'll be 5:00 PM somewhere...

post #433 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcn View Post

Rain, rain, go away...

 

Does the hotel have a covered area where cars can park while equipment is being loaded and unloaded?


Good question. Maybe just phone the hotel and ask. Usually hotels have a canopy of some sort above the main entrance for this very reason.

post #434 of 527

Just to help stir the tempest in a teapot that Jude started in his blog about the Skullcandy Aviators -

 

I stopped at an Apple store on the drive down today and picked some up to use at the meet.

post #435 of 527

I am so excited

 

2.     ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011