Is $150 delivered a good price, or would I be better off holding out for a better deal?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fake monster turbine pro copper ? Last post on 6/6/11 at 10:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for MTPC-level texture/fullness, with more sparkle Last post on 12/30/10 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Found a real good deal on Monster Turbines, but are they legit? Last post on 12/20/10 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I have around $400 to spend, and I want some AWESOME IEMs Last post on 5/21/11 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Defective Monster Coppers? Last post on 12/8/10 at 2:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Review: MDR1-A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
This is one my favourite headphones. They have fantastic build quality, are inexpensive, require little voltage to be driven properly, are small and discreet, and sounds better than some pricier...
Introduction Final Audio Design (FAD in this review), based in Tokyo, Japan, makes some of the most exotic earphones and headphones available in the last few years. The company's...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a fantastic deal, especially if they're real. The Gold ones cost $330 here, and for some reason the Copper ones cost $430.
However, Monster has posted about fakes, so just be wary.
Yeah be really careful. I was naive enough to buy from Fleabay for $132.50 and they might be fake, but once I receive them I will see. I personally have learned my lesson and would stay away from Fleabay in the future for expensive purchases.
hah, i just came back to this thread after just now finding websites warning about fakes, then seeing the other thread on the board about ebay. i was actually thinking of bidding on those listed at $140 with the 8.95 shipping .. not anymore.
i'll just have to accept that the MTPC's are out of my price range.
now, what should i settle for?
denon c710, panasonic rp-hje900, or monster turbine amateurs ;-)
hoping for something accurate and musical with an emphasis on a well-rounded low-end bass.
Hey, don't call them Turbine Amateurs! :P
I have the Turbines, and I've bought the Turbine Pros (for a one week testing period, to see if it was worth the dough) and ended up returning the Pros. I dunno, for some reason I like the Turbines better.
They break super easy, though, so watch out for that as well. I was on my third pair before I gave up and started saving for a set of Shure SE535s.
I have both the Monster Turbines and HJE900s. They are fairly different sounding. The turbines are really hard to fit, and are pretty warm and laid back in the highs. The turbines definitely have more bass than the Panasonics but I prefer the Panasonics overall, they still have enough bass for me, and more detailed, more sparkly highs. They are also hard to fit, but I find I can get a good seal in half the time than the Monsters.
So my vote: Panasonic, unless you prefer a more laid back treble presentation.
Whut? The ones with the control talk button thing?
I haven't even seen them in stores yet, but a quick Google search shows that the wire is still the same flimsy thin one, only with the added fragility of a control talk button.
The wire is the deal breaker on the Turbines. They sound phenomenal, but 3/4 times, my problem was with the wire.
The 4th time, it was this...
EDIT: After reading the post above, yes, the Turbines ARE hard to fit with the silicon tips, but once I made custom tips (out of de-cored Shure Olives and comply tip plastic tube thing), there were no problems with the fit at all. The silicon tips by themselves are rubbish, though. When you push them in too tight, they just block the sound and give you a headache. Pull them out a bit and they're always falling off. You can't win with those things..
Edited by Dr-Atrocious - 11/29/10 at 7:56pm
- Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 8 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2