Is $150 delivered a good price, or would I be better off holding out for a better deal?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fake monster turbine pro copper ? Last post on 6/6/11 at 10:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for MTPC-level texture/fullness, with more sparkle Last post on 12/30/10 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Found a real good deal on Monster Turbines, but are they legit? Last post on 12/20/10 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I have around $400 to spend, and I want some AWESOME IEMs Last post on 5/21/11 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Defective Monster Coppers? Last post on 12/8/10 at 2:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
To be able to value my review I think it is important to mention some things about my preferences and experience with audio equipment and writing reviews. This is my first review for audio gear and...
Hifiman EF2A Review Overview:This is my first headphone amp review and I'm just going to review the amp section of this headphone amp as the DAC is nothing special, a bit better than most computer...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a fantastic deal, especially if they're real. The Gold ones cost $330 here, and for some reason the Copper ones cost $430.
However, Monster has posted about fakes, so just be wary.
Yeah be really careful. I was naive enough to buy from Fleabay for $132.50 and they might be fake, but once I receive them I will see. I personally have learned my lesson and would stay away from Fleabay in the future for expensive purchases.
hah, i just came back to this thread after just now finding websites warning about fakes, then seeing the other thread on the board about ebay. i was actually thinking of bidding on those listed at $140 with the 8.95 shipping .. not anymore.
i'll just have to accept that the MTPC's are out of my price range.
now, what should i settle for?
denon c710, panasonic rp-hje900, or monster turbine amateurs ;-)
hoping for something accurate and musical with an emphasis on a well-rounded low-end bass.
Hey, don't call them Turbine Amateurs! :P
I have the Turbines, and I've bought the Turbine Pros (for a one week testing period, to see if it was worth the dough) and ended up returning the Pros. I dunno, for some reason I like the Turbines better.
They break super easy, though, so watch out for that as well. I was on my third pair before I gave up and started saving for a set of Shure SE535s.
I have both the Monster Turbines and HJE900s. They are fairly different sounding. The turbines are really hard to fit, and are pretty warm and laid back in the highs. The turbines definitely have more bass than the Panasonics but I prefer the Panasonics overall, they still have enough bass for me, and more detailed, more sparkly highs. They are also hard to fit, but I find I can get a good seal in half the time than the Monsters.
So my vote: Panasonic, unless you prefer a more laid back treble presentation.
Whut? The ones with the control talk button thing?
I haven't even seen them in stores yet, but a quick Google search shows that the wire is still the same flimsy thin one, only with the added fragility of a control talk button.
The wire is the deal breaker on the Turbines. They sound phenomenal, but 3/4 times, my problem was with the wire.
The 4th time, it was this...
EDIT: After reading the post above, yes, the Turbines ARE hard to fit with the silicon tips, but once I made custom tips (out of de-cored Shure Olives and comply tip plastic tube thing), there were no problems with the fit at all. The silicon tips by themselves are rubbish, though. When you push them in too tight, they just block the sound and give you a headache. Pull them out a bit and they're always falling off. You can't win with those things..
Edited by Dr-Atrocious - 11/29/10 at 7:56pm
- Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Tip-Rolling/IEM Modification Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 49 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 49 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 7 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by gopats1479
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)