Is $150 delivered a good price, or would I be better off holding out for a better deal?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fake monster turbine pro copper ? Last post on 6/6/11 at 10:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for MTPC-level texture/fullness, with more sparkle Last post on 12/30/10 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Found a real good deal on Monster Turbines, but are they legit? Last post on 12/20/10 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I have around $400 to spend, and I want some AWESOME IEMs Last post on 5/21/11 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Defective Monster Coppers? Last post on 12/8/10 at 2:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copperpost #1 of 1011/29/10 at 6:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1011/29/10 at 6:03pmpost #3 of 1011/29/10 at 6:17pm
That's a fantastic deal, especially if they're real. The Gold ones cost $330 here, and for some reason the Copper ones cost $430.
However, Monster has posted about fakes, so just be wary.post #4 of 1011/29/10 at 6:22pm
Yeah be really careful. I was naive enough to buy from Fleabay for $132.50 and they might be fake, but once I receive them I will see. I personally have learned my lesson and would stay away from Fleabay in the future for expensive purchases.post #5 of 1011/29/10 at 7:06pmThread Starter
hah, i just came back to this thread after just now finding websites warning about fakes, then seeing the other thread on the board about ebay. i was actually thinking of bidding on those listed at $140 with the 8.95 shipping .. not anymore.
i'll just have to accept that the MTPC's are out of my price range.
now, what should i settle for?
denon c710, panasonic rp-hje900, or monster turbine amateurs ;-)
hoping for something accurate and musical with an emphasis on a well-rounded low-end bass.post #6 of 1011/29/10 at 7:34pm
Hey, don't call them Turbine Amateurs! :P
I have the Turbines, and I've bought the Turbine Pros (for a one week testing period, to see if it was worth the dough) and ended up returning the Pros. I dunno, for some reason I like the Turbines better.
They break super easy, though, so watch out for that as well. I was on my third pair before I gave up and started saving for a set of Shure SE535s.post #7 of 1011/29/10 at 7:41pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1011/29/10 at 7:47pmpost #9 of 1011/29/10 at 7:53pm
I have both the Monster Turbines and HJE900s. They are fairly different sounding. The turbines are really hard to fit, and are pretty warm and laid back in the highs. The turbines definitely have more bass than the Panasonics but I prefer the Panasonics overall, they still have enough bass for me, and more detailed, more sparkly highs. They are also hard to fit, but I find I can get a good seal in half the time than the Monsters.
So my vote: Panasonic, unless you prefer a more laid back treble presentation.post #10 of 1011/29/10 at 7:54pm
Whut? The ones with the control talk button thing?
I haven't even seen them in stores yet, but a quick Google search shows that the wire is still the same flimsy thin one, only with the added fragility of a control talk button.
The wire is the deal breaker on the Turbines. They sound phenomenal, but 3/4 times, my problem was with the wire.
The 4th time, it was this...
EDIT: After reading the post above, yes, the Turbines ARE hard to fit with the silicon tips, but once I made custom tips (out of de-cored Shure Olives and comply tip plastic tube thing), there were no problems with the fit at all. The silicon tips by themselves are rubbish, though. When you push them in too tight, they just block the sound and give you a headache. Pull them out a bit and they're always falling off. You can't win with those things..
Edited by Dr-Atrocious - 11/29/10 at 7:56pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 14 seconds ago
- › Aftermarket Audeze LCD-2 cables 27 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Howdy! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear