Is $150 delivered a good price, or would I be better off holding out for a better deal?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fake monster turbine pro copper ? Last post on 6/6/11 at 10:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for MTPC-level texture/fullness, with more sparkle Last post on 12/30/10 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Found a real good deal on Monster Turbines, but are they legit? Last post on 12/20/10 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I have around $400 to spend, and I want some AWESOME IEMs Last post on 5/21/11 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Defective Monster Coppers? Last post on 12/8/10 at 2:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At this point of time, iFi Audio shouldn’t need much introduction at all. The British company is the more budget oriented sister brand of the prestige Abbingdon Music Research and have made a name...
For the complete review click on the IMHO Tech Blog link.
So i bought the pistons 3 from Ibuygou.com a week ago. The unboxing experience was stellar just like the older version, I was slightly disappointed that the chocolate smell was not present. Oh...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a fantastic deal, especially if they're real. The Gold ones cost $330 here, and for some reason the Copper ones cost $430.
However, Monster has posted about fakes, so just be wary.
Yeah be really careful. I was naive enough to buy from Fleabay for $132.50 and they might be fake, but once I receive them I will see. I personally have learned my lesson and would stay away from Fleabay in the future for expensive purchases.
hah, i just came back to this thread after just now finding websites warning about fakes, then seeing the other thread on the board about ebay. i was actually thinking of bidding on those listed at $140 with the 8.95 shipping .. not anymore.
i'll just have to accept that the MTPC's are out of my price range.
now, what should i settle for?
denon c710, panasonic rp-hje900, or monster turbine amateurs ;-)
hoping for something accurate and musical with an emphasis on a well-rounded low-end bass.
Hey, don't call them Turbine Amateurs! :P
I have the Turbines, and I've bought the Turbine Pros (for a one week testing period, to see if it was worth the dough) and ended up returning the Pros. I dunno, for some reason I like the Turbines better.
They break super easy, though, so watch out for that as well. I was on my third pair before I gave up and started saving for a set of Shure SE535s.
I have both the Monster Turbines and HJE900s. They are fairly different sounding. The turbines are really hard to fit, and are pretty warm and laid back in the highs. The turbines definitely have more bass than the Panasonics but I prefer the Panasonics overall, they still have enough bass for me, and more detailed, more sparkly highs. They are also hard to fit, but I find I can get a good seal in half the time than the Monsters.
So my vote: Panasonic, unless you prefer a more laid back treble presentation.
Whut? The ones with the control talk button thing?
I haven't even seen them in stores yet, but a quick Google search shows that the wire is still the same flimsy thin one, only with the added fragility of a control talk button.
The wire is the deal breaker on the Turbines. They sound phenomenal, but 3/4 times, my problem was with the wire.
The 4th time, it was this...
EDIT: After reading the post above, yes, the Turbines ARE hard to fit with the silicon tips, but once I made custom tips (out of de-cored Shure Olives and comply tip plastic tube thing), there were no problems with the fit at all. The silicon tips by themselves are rubbish, though. When you push them in too tight, they just block the sound and give you a headache. Pull them out a bit and they're always falling off. You can't win with those things..
Edited by Dr-Atrocious - 11/29/10 at 7:56pm
- Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 11 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 19 seconds ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors 25 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue M 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a DAC to replace Xonar Essence STX 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Tzar
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by MakeTotlDestroy
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2