Is $150 delivered a good price, or would I be better off holding out for a better deal?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fake monster turbine pro copper ? Last post on 6/6/11 at 10:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for MTPC-level texture/fullness, with more sparkle Last post on 12/30/10 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Found a real good deal on Monster Turbines, but are they legit? Last post on 12/20/10 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I have around $400 to spend, and I want some AWESOME IEMs Last post on 5/21/11 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Defective Monster Coppers? Last post on 12/8/10 at 2:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copperpost #1 of 1011/29/10 at 6:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1011/29/10 at 6:03pmpost #3 of 1011/29/10 at 6:17pm
That's a fantastic deal, especially if they're real. The Gold ones cost $330 here, and for some reason the Copper ones cost $430.
However, Monster has posted about fakes, so just be wary.post #4 of 1011/29/10 at 6:22pm
Yeah be really careful. I was naive enough to buy from Fleabay for $132.50 and they might be fake, but once I receive them I will see. I personally have learned my lesson and would stay away from Fleabay in the future for expensive purchases.post #5 of 1011/29/10 at 7:06pmThread Starter
hah, i just came back to this thread after just now finding websites warning about fakes, then seeing the other thread on the board about ebay. i was actually thinking of bidding on those listed at $140 with the 8.95 shipping .. not anymore.
i'll just have to accept that the MTPC's are out of my price range.
now, what should i settle for?
denon c710, panasonic rp-hje900, or monster turbine amateurs ;-)
hoping for something accurate and musical with an emphasis on a well-rounded low-end bass.post #6 of 1011/29/10 at 7:34pm
Hey, don't call them Turbine Amateurs! :P
I have the Turbines, and I've bought the Turbine Pros (for a one week testing period, to see if it was worth the dough) and ended up returning the Pros. I dunno, for some reason I like the Turbines better.
They break super easy, though, so watch out for that as well. I was on my third pair before I gave up and started saving for a set of Shure SE535s.post #7 of 1011/29/10 at 7:41pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1011/29/10 at 7:47pmpost #9 of 1011/29/10 at 7:53pm
I have both the Monster Turbines and HJE900s. They are fairly different sounding. The turbines are really hard to fit, and are pretty warm and laid back in the highs. The turbines definitely have more bass than the Panasonics but I prefer the Panasonics overall, they still have enough bass for me, and more detailed, more sparkly highs. They are also hard to fit, but I find I can get a good seal in half the time than the Monsters.
So my vote: Panasonic, unless you prefer a more laid back treble presentation.post #10 of 1011/29/10 at 7:54pm
Whut? The ones with the control talk button thing?
I haven't even seen them in stores yet, but a quick Google search shows that the wire is still the same flimsy thin one, only with the added fragility of a control talk button.
The wire is the deal breaker on the Turbines. They sound phenomenal, but 3/4 times, my problem was with the wire.
The 4th time, it was this...
EDIT: After reading the post above, yes, the Turbines ARE hard to fit with the silicon tips, but once I made custom tips (out of de-cored Shure Olives and comply tip plastic tube thing), there were no problems with the fit at all. The silicon tips by themselves are rubbish, though. When you push them in too tight, they just block the sound and give you a headache. Pull them out a bit and they're always falling off. You can't win with those things..
Edited by Dr-Atrocious - 11/29/10 at 7:56pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Price Check - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear