I've been staring at an AKG K701 and telling myself "I want it, I want it.." but the more I go in-depth the more I feel like i'll be disappointed.. (plastic sounds, etc.) So since it's been a while like 4 years I believe.. will AKG release a new flagship soon? or do I need to consult to a lot of fortune cookies?
Related Forum Threads
- Asking headfi, should I fix my broken AKG K1000's for $850, or sell them cheap and get... Last post on 8/18/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page Last post on 3/24/13 at 1:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full Sized Headphone that is the Best at Timbre (Most Timbre Accuracy) Last post on 8/23/10 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NOS AKG K1000 for 550$? Is it ok? Last post on 8/16/10 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K1000 and DAC Magic Last post on 9/1/10 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
Is there such a thing as product cycles for headphones?post #1 of 711/27/10 at 9:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/27/10 at 10:11pmpost #3 of 711/27/10 at 10:17pmThread Starterpost #4 of 711/27/10 at 10:21pmAKG was rumored to have a new headphone for CES 2010, but nothing turned up. They have been dropping hints that a new one is on the way.
I would not hold my breath for one big reason. There's been an escalating price war among manufacturers. What they produce is likely to be over $1,000 just to keep up with everyone else.
So if you're expecting a new $300-$400 headphone, you'll probably get one priced in T1/HD-800 territory.
Why are you bent on buying an AKG, anyway? They're notoriously difficult to drive (which has nothing to do with impedance, by the way) and they all need a desktop amp for good performance.
Why not look at Grado/Alessandro headphones? They're easily driven by an iPod. Another I like is the Sony MDR-V6.
If you want to go for a full-sized headphone with a desktop amp, be sure to consider classics like the HD-800 and DT880. Both have a better tonal balance than the K-701.post #5 of 711/28/10 at 12:01amThread Starter
You know what Uncle Erik, i really really really really x100,000,000 should listen to these before I buy anything.. I fancy the K701 (so-far) for its classy-modern look they have, but the fact that I never had a listen to a descent set-up, makes me just clueless about what to expect.post #6 of 711/28/10 at 12:05amWhere do you live? There are a few shops that carry the K-701. Also, there are a couple of meets coming up. Check out the Meet Forum. If you csn get to one, you're guaranteed to hear a K-701 and plenty else. They're also a lot of fun and you'll end up with some new friends.post #7 of 711/28/10 at 12:14amThread Starter
I live in Vancouver, and yea definitely found some shops around here that I could venture, but the weather and school has been really putting me off of it
'll make sure I look into those meet-ups I could really use a friend who knows the world of audio (trying absorb all of head-fi's experiences and knowledge.. it's just not going to happen). Thank you!
- Is there such a thing as product cycles for headphones?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyer DT150 Experience 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)