Just Wondering which one would be better. I previously owner the S4's but they broke and right now the JBuds are on sale for $20 on amazon. How do they compare in sound quality, durability, and comffort.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productJBuds J2 Premium Hi-FI Noise Isolating Earbuds (Black/Mint Green)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productJBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones with Travel Case (Paparazzi Pink) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Better IEM tips I can buy? Last post on 2/5/12 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM Recommendations - $150-250, Rock / Metal Last post on 1/24/12 at 4:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4 or Klipsch S2? Last post on 1/21/12 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?post #1 of 711/26/10 at 12:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/26/10 at 12:53pmpost #3 of 711/26/10 at 1:21pm
The JBuds are $30 earphones at best, the Klipschs are $80 ones. Durability should be about even but the Klipschs are more comfortable and way better-sounding. The JLabs are treble-heavy so if you like rumbly bass they are not for you. Aside from that and the lack of soundstage they are decent.post #4 of 71/9/11 at 10:01pm
I own both the j2's and the j3s. They are both similar in terms of comfort and sound quality. I actually liked the j2's better in terms of sound quality but the j3's are pretty good also. also the j3's leak more sound from them than the j2's. as far as the klipsch s4's go, I haven't owned them so I couldn't tell you much about those.post #5 of 712/2/11 at 7:06am
I have both and also have the J2. I actually like the J2 the most. They sound best with the music I have. I like all of them though. I do find that I have to turn the S4 up higher than the other two. One great thing about the J2 is that if you lose them on a trip, you just buy another pair, only 15 bones.post #6 of 712/2/11 at 7:43am
I have owned both and even though I'm not a big fan of the S4, between these two the S4 is much superior in sound quality. They are really not in the same league as the price clearly reflects. Do keep in mind that the S4 has a lot of bass.post #7 of 712/2/11 at 10:16pmI had the J3 and didn't like its sound signature !
Its way too 'cold' for me and the treble o/p is very dissapointing but bass is ok after EQing.
An yeah, YMMV !!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 second ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Koss HV/A1 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex / Denon Ear Pads - Like New (less than 5 hours) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear