Just Wondering which one would be better. I previously owner the S4's but they broke and right now the JBuds are on sale for $20 on amazon. How do they compare in sound quality, durability, and comffort.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productJBuds J2 Premium Hi-FI Noise Isolating Earbuds (Black/Mint Green)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productJBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones with Travel Case (Paparazzi Pink) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Better IEM tips I can buy? Last post on 2/5/12 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM Recommendations - $150-250, Rock / Metal Last post on 1/24/12 at 4:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4 or Klipsch S2? Last post on 1/21/12 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The JBuds are $30 earphones at best, the Klipschs are $80 ones. Durability should be about even but the Klipschs are more comfortable and way better-sounding. The JLabs are treble-heavy so if you like rumbly bass they are not for you. Aside from that and the lack of soundstage they are decent.
I own both the j2's and the j3s. They are both similar in terms of comfort and sound quality. I actually liked the j2's better in terms of sound quality but the j3's are pretty good also. also the j3's leak more sound from them than the j2's. as far as the klipsch s4's go, I haven't owned them so I couldn't tell you much about those.
I have both and also have the J2. I actually like the J2 the most. They sound best with the music I have. I like all of them though. I do find that I have to turn the S4 up higher than the other two. One great thing about the J2 is that if you lose them on a trip, you just buy another pair, only 15 bones.
I have owned both and even though I'm not a big fan of the S4, between these two the S4 is much superior in sound quality. They are really not in the same league as the price clearly reflects. Do keep in mind that the S4 has a lot of bass.
Its way too 'cold' for me and the treble o/p is very dissapointing but bass is ok after EQing.
An yeah, YMMV !!
- JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › KGSS-HV Electrostatic Amplifier with RK50 pot! (500V/Off-board) 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2