Just Wondering which one would be better. I previously owner the S4's but they broke and right now the JBuds are on sale for $20 on amazon. How do they compare in sound quality, durability, and comffort.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productJBuds J2 Premium Hi-FI Noise Isolating Earbuds (Black/Mint Green)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productJBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones with Travel Case (Paparazzi Pink) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Better IEM tips I can buy? Last post on 2/5/12 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM Recommendations - $150-250, Rock / Metal Last post on 1/24/12 at 4:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4 or Klipsch S2? Last post on 1/21/12 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?post #1 of 711/26/10 at 12:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/26/10 at 12:53pmpost #3 of 711/26/10 at 1:21pm
The JBuds are $30 earphones at best, the Klipschs are $80 ones. Durability should be about even but the Klipschs are more comfortable and way better-sounding. The JLabs are treble-heavy so if you like rumbly bass they are not for you. Aside from that and the lack of soundstage they are decent.post #4 of 71/9/11 at 10:01pm
I own both the j2's and the j3s. They are both similar in terms of comfort and sound quality. I actually liked the j2's better in terms of sound quality but the j3's are pretty good also. also the j3's leak more sound from them than the j2's. as far as the klipsch s4's go, I haven't owned them so I couldn't tell you much about those.post #5 of 712/2/11 at 7:06am
I have both and also have the J2. I actually like the J2 the most. They sound best with the music I have. I like all of them though. I do find that I have to turn the S4 up higher than the other two. One great thing about the J2 is that if you lose them on a trip, you just buy another pair, only 15 bones.post #6 of 712/2/11 at 7:43am
I have owned both and even though I'm not a big fan of the S4, between these two the S4 is much superior in sound quality. They are really not in the same league as the price clearly reflects. Do keep in mind that the S4 has a lot of bass.post #7 of 712/2/11 at 10:16pmI had the J3 and didn't like its sound signature !
Its way too 'cold' for me and the treble o/p is very dissapointing but bass is ok after EQing.
An yeah, YMMV !!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 44 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › HD 650 Weak vocals? Help? 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear