Just Wondering which one would be better. I previously owner the S4's but they broke and right now the JBuds are on sale for $20 on amazon. How do they compare in sound quality, durability, and comffort.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productJBuds J2 Premium Hi-FI Noise Isolating Earbuds (Black/Mint Green)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productJBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones with Travel Case (Paparazzi Pink) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Better IEM tips I can buy? Last post on 2/5/12 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM Recommendations - $150-250, Rock / Metal Last post on 1/24/12 at 4:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4 or Klipsch S2? Last post on 1/21/12 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The JBuds are $30 earphones at best, the Klipschs are $80 ones. Durability should be about even but the Klipschs are more comfortable and way better-sounding. The JLabs are treble-heavy so if you like rumbly bass they are not for you. Aside from that and the lack of soundstage they are decent.
I own both the j2's and the j3s. They are both similar in terms of comfort and sound quality. I actually liked the j2's better in terms of sound quality but the j3's are pretty good also. also the j3's leak more sound from them than the j2's. as far as the klipsch s4's go, I haven't owned them so I couldn't tell you much about those.
I have both and also have the J2. I actually like the J2 the most. They sound best with the music I have. I like all of them though. I do find that I have to turn the S4 up higher than the other two. One great thing about the J2 is that if you lose them on a trip, you just buy another pair, only 15 bones.
I have owned both and even though I'm not a big fan of the S4, between these two the S4 is much superior in sound quality. They are really not in the same league as the price clearly reflects. Do keep in mind that the S4 has a lot of bass.
Its way too 'cold' for me and the treble o/p is very dissapointing but bass is ok after EQing.
An yeah, YMMV !!
- JBud J3 Vs. Klipsch Image S4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-X 12 seconds ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 15 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 17 seconds ago
- › Interest check: Mini-Meet and Tour at MrSpeakers, San Diego,... 19 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 34 seconds ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2