these are good looking headphones, which is most people wear headphones outside want them to be. So, we have to accept it. fellow headfiers.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Remove Sennheiser 598 cushions and replace them. Last post on 10/7/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones by Beats by Dr Dre Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Last post on 10/20/13 at 7:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing Headphone Last post on 9/14/11 at 8:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr dre headphones review Last post on 8/31/11 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Beats by Dr. Dre Solo - ear cushions? - Page 2post #16 of 361/7/11 at 1:27pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 361/7/11 at 1:28pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, I'd agree with that. The Solos cost £150, and my main headphones are the WeSC Alp Horn teamed up with a Fiio E5 amp. The headphones cost me £90, the amp was just over a tenner on eBay, and it sounds better than the Solos. I got to test out the Beats Studio headphones in HMV as well, and bizarrely, I think the Solo sounds better! It might just be because the Beats headphones mostly consist of cranking the bass up to mask the flaws in the rest of the sound. I prefer my Alp Horns, because they sound more natural. Also, teamed with the amp, they're loud as f**k! Turn it up to the max, have the headphones around my neck, and I'm a walking speaker! :Ppost #18 of 361/7/11 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by MightyJordanQuote:
Yeah, I'd agree with that. The Solos cost £150, and my main headphones are the WeSC Alp Horn teamed up with a Fiio E5 amp. The headphones cost me £90, the amp was just over a tenner on eBay, and it sounds better than the Solos. I got to test out the Beats Studio headphones in HMV as well, and bizarrely, I think the Solo sounds better! It might just be because the Beats headphones mostly consist of cranking the bass up to mask the flaws in the rest of the sound. I prefer my Alp Horns, because they sound more natural. Also, teamed with the amp, they're loud as f**k! Turn it up to the max, have the headphones around my neck, and I'm a walking speaker! :P
have tried those alp horns at HMV several times, meh, not impressed at all.
although they are much cheaper than beats, still, 90 quid could get you something better.post #19 of 361/7/11 at 2:04pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, they are a bit average on their own, but with the amp, they're much better. And yeah, you're right, I could get something better for £90, but I didn't really have much choice when I got them. They were an exchange for my previous pair before them, which were the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 vi, which failed on me after a few weeks (iHeadphones were kind enough to let me exchange the replacement pair I got from Logitech).
If the Alp Horns fail on me, I'll probably get the Shure SRH440s next, as I love the SRH240, but the cables were very flimsy on them, so the sound would go on one side after just a few months usage ( I went through at least three pairs of them. The SRH440 would be much better, as they've got a detachable cable, so much less chance of them going wrong. I used to own the Sennheiser HD 215s, and they had a detachable cable as well. They lasted over year for me without any problems. :) The only reason I got rid of them were because the they were a bit too bulky, even for my head. :Ppost #20 of 361/9/11 at 2:24am
Quote:Originally Posted by MightyJordanQuote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to update this (sorry!)!
I got a reply from Monster (although the email said it was from "AMD Europe") on the 29th, saying they had a grey pair (the ones that they use on the white Solo HD headphones) that they'd be happy to send out, so I gave them my address, then the day after, they said they'd be sent out that day, and they arrived two days ago. :)
It turns out that the ear cushions are actually attached to a piece of plastic that twists and locks into the ear cup to keep it secure.
Im actually trying to contact monster to help me with the same problem, i have a missing cushion part myself. Ive been tryna contact them buy email since the 27th of Dec but i havent even gotten a single reply of any sort. Please what email address did you contact them with? or the AMD Europe email address if possible.post #21 of 361/9/11 at 2:42amQuote:
Nice job comparing a headphone against a headphone + amp combo. Very, very fair comparison there.
BTW, if you like SRH220 and are thinking of getting the SRH440, be sure to try the 440 out first. Personally I found the SRH220 sounds a lot better than the 440. The sound is cleaner and crisper with a more well-defined bass. The SRH440 sounded quite lazy and a bit veiled and muddy in comparison to my ears.
Edited by Mochan - 1/9/11 at 2:46ampost #22 of 361/9/11 at 4:05amThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by elseano
Im actually trying to contact monster to help me with the same problem, i have a missing cushion part myself. Ive been tryna contact them buy email since the 27th of Dec but i havent even gotten a single reply of any sort. Please what email address did you contact them with? or the AMD Europe email address if possible.
I used the support form on Monster Cable's page here: http://www.monstercable.com/service/default.asp
The email address they replied to me with is firstname.lastname@example.org #23 of 364/1/11 at 11:02ampost #24 of 364/1/11 at 12:15pmThread StarterQuote:
I can't remember how many days it took me to get a reply from Monster, but it was definitely a bit longer than usual (it was about four or five days), as it was during the Thanksgiving weekend. As for receiving the cushions, they sent them out on November 30th, and they arrived on December 10th, so
ten days in total, which isn't too bad. :)post #25 of 364/17/11 at 6:48ampost #26 of 366/13/11 at 2:11pm
I have the Monster Beats by Dr Dre Studio (powered) headphones. The leather is flaking off of the ear cushions after around 18 months of use. (Anyone having these headphones would do well to put some conditioner on the leather before it disintegrates.)
Here's what I learned from a phone rep at Monster today. There were two styles of ear cushion for this model. The old style is replaceable -- it's removed by depressing and twisting counter-clockwise. The new style is permanently attached and is not replaceable -- people lost a lot of ear cushions before the design change. They have few or no replacement ear cushions left for the old style headphones, and there never will be replacement cushions for the permanently attached cushions.
Just thought I'd pass this along, since the various models of Beats headphones have different ear cushion design, so someone else's method for replacing them might not work for you.post #27 of 368/18/11 at 3:23ampost #28 of 369/18/11 at 11:08pmpost #29 of 3610/21/11 at 5:23ampost #30 of 3610/21/11 at 6:42amQuote:
Just go onto their website, there's a CONTACT US bar, clickedy click it, and send them a nice e-mail.
- Beats by Dr. Dre Solo - ear cushions?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › Brand new KRK KNS 8400s barely even work?? 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Portable DAC / headphone amplifier for Sennheiser HD600? 7 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3