Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/10
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/24/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/22/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/24/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/24/10
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 11/24/10
- productSony MDR-SA5000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12More
- productULTRASONE HFI 700tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to spend about $700 on everything and want to be blown away Last post on 9/24/11 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ortho and Sound stage? Last post on 7/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 3/16/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared - Page 25post #361 of 36710/31/12 at 5:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 36710/31/12 at 7:05pmpost #363 of 36710/31/12 at 7:10pmThread Starterpost #364 of 36710/31/12 at 7:16pmpost #365 of 36710/31/12 at 7:45pmpost #366 of 36711/1/12 at 7:56ampost #367 of 3676/2/13 at 4:07am
Hi Dave, New to the forum. Great posting you've made here. My need is for a portable set of phones as I'm quite happy to listen at home to HD650s at the music room through little dot 1+ tube amp or an old 80s pair of HD420s in the office through PC or iPod and a cmoy Altoid AD823 opamp 18V amp. What I need for travel is something like the Senn PX200ii or if they're not too big to schlep a pair of HD25ii....aside from Sennies I think the Grado 80i might be good or one of the AudioTechnica or AKGs. Do you have a sugg for the portable realm for my cmoy and iPod? There's another thread on head-fi that brought me to your reviews so I'll ask the same ? there. Cheers, Alejandro7 in New Zealand.
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › WTB - stock HE-6 cable 40 seconds ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 8 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)