i was going to buy a mixamp to play xbox with on my ath m50's and i was just wondering how can i hook up a mic to it and if i need to buy any extra, and which mic to buy? thanks so much for the info!
Related Forum Threads
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Over-Ear Headphone and Amp Combo for a budget. Last post on 8/10/12 at 4:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Hidizs Technology (http://www.hidizs.com/) is a Chinese audio manufacturer (mainly digital audio players) that established in early 2014 and is based in Dongguan, China....
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONA fair bit of this review may borrow sections from my U6 review. The reason for this is that a lot of...
Special thanks to Fiio for sponsoring this review unit for testing purposes Firmware installed : 1.2 Micro SD size used: 128GB C10 Sandisk Spec...
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?post #1 of 1511/23/10 at 4:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1511/23/10 at 5:02pm
I just chopped up the xbox mic and velcroed it to the side of the cup. If you want a more professional look you can pick any boom mic with a 2.5 mm jack that will plug into the controller. Also, any amp will do just fine as long as there is a digital volume toggle in the game. For halo 3 there isn't, so that's why mix amps are popular in the first place.post #3 of 1511/23/10 at 8:12pm
I'm using the mic/headset from my Vtech phone on my Xbox controller. Configuration voice output to "speakers", and just wear the mic headset around my neck. Not exactly ideal but works completely fine.
Also, isn't there a mic input on the Mixamp that uses regular 3.5mm mic jack(ie typical PC microphones)?
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/23/10 at 8:16pmpost #4 of 1511/24/10 at 4:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1511/24/10 at 5:40pmpost #6 of 1511/24/10 at 6:28pm
yea, thats what i do. i just clip my bluetooth to my shirt. just go to audio device settings in accessory settings and put input as the bluetooth mic and then output as system default.post #7 of 1511/24/10 at 6:44pmQuote:
Nope. Just make sure voice audio is set to output through the speaker in the Xbox menu.post #8 of 1511/24/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1511/24/10 at 10:49pmpost #10 of 1511/28/10 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1511/28/10 at 3:26pmpost #12 of 1511/28/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Do you need to buy the mixamp, or could you buy a much cheaper 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter, which plugs into your controller, which then plugs into your mic?post #13 of 1511/28/10 at 6:10pm
You don't need to buy the mixamp but if you go adapter route; you have to be careful of which adapter/mic you buy since standalone mics may be pinned differently than headphone/mic plugs. You can always rewire it though.
This is not an issue with PC's as they have dedicated mic inputs on the soundcard.
Edit: something like this would allow you to plug a PC mic into the Xbox controller or 2.5mm phone jack: http://www.expansys-usa.com/expansys-ppcpadpt12-2-5mm-to-3-5mm-micaudio-adaptor-113967/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/28/10 at 6:13pmpost #14 of 1512/1/10 at 3:43pmThread Starter
- ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 27 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 31 seconds ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 46 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 53 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...