i was going to buy a mixamp to play xbox with on my ath m50's and i was just wondering how can i hook up a mic to it and if i need to buy any extra, and which mic to buy? thanks so much for the info!
Related Forum Threads
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Over-Ear Headphone and Amp Combo for a budget. Last post on 8/10/12 at 4:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?post #1 of 1511/23/10 at 4:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1511/23/10 at 5:02pm
I just chopped up the xbox mic and velcroed it to the side of the cup. If you want a more professional look you can pick any boom mic with a 2.5 mm jack that will plug into the controller. Also, any amp will do just fine as long as there is a digital volume toggle in the game. For halo 3 there isn't, so that's why mix amps are popular in the first place.post #3 of 1511/23/10 at 8:12pm
I'm using the mic/headset from my Vtech phone on my Xbox controller. Configuration voice output to "speakers", and just wear the mic headset around my neck. Not exactly ideal but works completely fine.
Also, isn't there a mic input on the Mixamp that uses regular 3.5mm mic jack(ie typical PC microphones)?
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/23/10 at 8:16pmpost #4 of 1511/24/10 at 4:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1511/24/10 at 5:40pmpost #6 of 1511/24/10 at 6:28pm
yea, thats what i do. i just clip my bluetooth to my shirt. just go to audio device settings in accessory settings and put input as the bluetooth mic and then output as system default.post #7 of 1511/24/10 at 6:44pmQuote:
Nope. Just make sure voice audio is set to output through the speaker in the Xbox menu.post #8 of 1511/24/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1511/24/10 at 10:49pmpost #10 of 1511/28/10 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1511/28/10 at 3:26pmpost #12 of 1511/28/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Do you need to buy the mixamp, or could you buy a much cheaper 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter, which plugs into your controller, which then plugs into your mic?post #13 of 1511/28/10 at 6:10pm
You don't need to buy the mixamp but if you go adapter route; you have to be careful of which adapter/mic you buy since standalone mics may be pinned differently than headphone/mic plugs. You can always rewire it though.
This is not an issue with PC's as they have dedicated mic inputs on the soundcard.
Edit: something like this would allow you to plug a PC mic into the Xbox controller or 2.5mm phone jack: http://www.expansys-usa.com/expansys-ppcpadpt12-2-5mm-to-3-5mm-micaudio-adaptor-113967/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/28/10 at 6:13pmpost #14 of 1512/1/10 at 3:43pmThread Starter
- ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 25 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › How can a planar headphone produce bass frequencies so effortless? 1 minute ago
- › Help with choosing headphones 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › Sieveking Sound Omega headphone stands 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 4 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)