i was going to buy a mixamp to play xbox with on my ath m50's and i was just wondering how can i hook up a mic to it and if i need to buy any extra, and which mic to buy? thanks so much for the info!
Related Forum Threads
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Over-Ear Headphone and Amp Combo for a budget. Last post on 8/10/12 at 4:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?post #1 of 1511/23/10 at 4:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1511/23/10 at 5:02pm
I just chopped up the xbox mic and velcroed it to the side of the cup. If you want a more professional look you can pick any boom mic with a 2.5 mm jack that will plug into the controller. Also, any amp will do just fine as long as there is a digital volume toggle in the game. For halo 3 there isn't, so that's why mix amps are popular in the first place.post #3 of 1511/23/10 at 8:12pm
I'm using the mic/headset from my Vtech phone on my Xbox controller. Configuration voice output to "speakers", and just wear the mic headset around my neck. Not exactly ideal but works completely fine.
Also, isn't there a mic input on the Mixamp that uses regular 3.5mm mic jack(ie typical PC microphones)?
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/23/10 at 8:16pmpost #4 of 1511/24/10 at 4:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1511/24/10 at 5:40pmpost #6 of 1511/24/10 at 6:28pm
yea, thats what i do. i just clip my bluetooth to my shirt. just go to audio device settings in accessory settings and put input as the bluetooth mic and then output as system default.post #7 of 1511/24/10 at 6:44pmQuote:
Nope. Just make sure voice audio is set to output through the speaker in the Xbox menu.post #8 of 1511/24/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1511/24/10 at 10:49pmpost #10 of 1511/28/10 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1511/28/10 at 3:26pmpost #12 of 1511/28/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Do you need to buy the mixamp, or could you buy a much cheaper 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter, which plugs into your controller, which then plugs into your mic?post #13 of 1511/28/10 at 6:10pm
You don't need to buy the mixamp but if you go adapter route; you have to be careful of which adapter/mic you buy since standalone mics may be pinned differently than headphone/mic plugs. You can always rewire it though.
This is not an issue with PC's as they have dedicated mic inputs on the soundcard.
Edit: something like this would allow you to plug a PC mic into the Xbox controller or 2.5mm phone jack: http://www.expansys-usa.com/expansys-ppcpadpt12-2-5mm-to-3-5mm-micaudio-adaptor-113967/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/28/10 at 6:13pmpost #14 of 1512/1/10 at 3:43pmThread Starter
- ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Entry Level / Mid Fi iems with removable cables 10 seconds ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 42 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › IEM recommendations please - with a few specific requests. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)