i was going to buy a mixamp to play xbox with on my ath m50's and i was just wondering how can i hook up a mic to it and if i need to buy any extra, and which mic to buy? thanks so much for the info!
Related Forum Threads
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Over-Ear Headphone and Amp Combo for a budget. Last post on 8/10/12 at 4:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?post #1 of 1511/23/10 at 4:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1511/23/10 at 5:02pm
I just chopped up the xbox mic and velcroed it to the side of the cup. If you want a more professional look you can pick any boom mic with a 2.5 mm jack that will plug into the controller. Also, any amp will do just fine as long as there is a digital volume toggle in the game. For halo 3 there isn't, so that's why mix amps are popular in the first place.post #3 of 1511/23/10 at 8:12pm
I'm using the mic/headset from my Vtech phone on my Xbox controller. Configuration voice output to "speakers", and just wear the mic headset around my neck. Not exactly ideal but works completely fine.
Also, isn't there a mic input on the Mixamp that uses regular 3.5mm mic jack(ie typical PC microphones)?
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/23/10 at 8:16pmpost #4 of 1511/24/10 at 4:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1511/24/10 at 5:40pmpost #6 of 1511/24/10 at 6:28pm
yea, thats what i do. i just clip my bluetooth to my shirt. just go to audio device settings in accessory settings and put input as the bluetooth mic and then output as system default.post #7 of 1511/24/10 at 6:44pmQuote:
Nope. Just make sure voice audio is set to output through the speaker in the Xbox menu.post #8 of 1511/24/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1511/24/10 at 10:49pmpost #10 of 1511/28/10 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1511/28/10 at 3:26pmpost #12 of 1511/28/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Do you need to buy the mixamp, or could you buy a much cheaper 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter, which plugs into your controller, which then plugs into your mic?post #13 of 1511/28/10 at 6:10pm
You don't need to buy the mixamp but if you go adapter route; you have to be careful of which adapter/mic you buy since standalone mics may be pinned differently than headphone/mic plugs. You can always rewire it though.
This is not an issue with PC's as they have dedicated mic inputs on the soundcard.
Edit: something like this would allow you to plug a PC mic into the Xbox controller or 2.5mm phone jack: http://www.expansys-usa.com/expansys-ppcpadpt12-2-5mm-to-3-5mm-micaudio-adaptor-113967/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/28/10 at 6:13pmpost #14 of 1512/1/10 at 3:43pmThread Starter
- ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 55 seconds ago
- › PSB M4U 2 57 seconds ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 w. Q Audio cable 1 minute ago
- › Do I sell AH-D7000 or PS-500 to make room for Audeze LCD2.2? 3 minutes ago
- › Who here watches Game of Thrones ? 3 minutes ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 4 minutes ago
- › First Time Poster - Looking for advice to help me become a... 4 minutes ago
- › 350 $ Dollar "In-ear Headphone" -Budget, suggestions? 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe