i was going to buy a mixamp to play xbox with on my ath m50's and i was just wondering how can i hook up a mic to it and if i need to buy any extra, and which mic to buy? thanks so much for the info!
Related Forum Threads
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Over-Ear Headphone and Amp Combo for a budget. Last post on 8/10/12 at 4:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
T-PEOS is at it again… this time with the intention of pleasing the consumer market by offering an excellent sounding earphone without breaking the bank. The Altone 200 is the latest 3-way...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?post #1 of 1511/23/10 at 4:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1511/23/10 at 5:02pm
I just chopped up the xbox mic and velcroed it to the side of the cup. If you want a more professional look you can pick any boom mic with a 2.5 mm jack that will plug into the controller. Also, any amp will do just fine as long as there is a digital volume toggle in the game. For halo 3 there isn't, so that's why mix amps are popular in the first place.post #3 of 1511/23/10 at 8:12pm
I'm using the mic/headset from my Vtech phone on my Xbox controller. Configuration voice output to "speakers", and just wear the mic headset around my neck. Not exactly ideal but works completely fine.
Also, isn't there a mic input on the Mixamp that uses regular 3.5mm mic jack(ie typical PC microphones)?
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/23/10 at 8:16pmpost #4 of 1511/24/10 at 4:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1511/24/10 at 5:40pmpost #6 of 1511/24/10 at 6:28pm
yea, thats what i do. i just clip my bluetooth to my shirt. just go to audio device settings in accessory settings and put input as the bluetooth mic and then output as system default.post #7 of 1511/24/10 at 6:44pmQuote:
Nope. Just make sure voice audio is set to output through the speaker in the Xbox menu.post #8 of 1511/24/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1511/24/10 at 10:49pmpost #10 of 1511/28/10 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1511/28/10 at 3:26pmpost #12 of 1511/28/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Do you need to buy the mixamp, or could you buy a much cheaper 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter, which plugs into your controller, which then plugs into your mic?post #13 of 1511/28/10 at 6:10pm
You don't need to buy the mixamp but if you go adapter route; you have to be careful of which adapter/mic you buy since standalone mics may be pinned differently than headphone/mic plugs. You can always rewire it though.
This is not an issue with PC's as they have dedicated mic inputs on the soundcard.
Edit: something like this would allow you to plug a PC mic into the Xbox controller or 2.5mm phone jack: http://www.expansys-usa.com/expansys-ppcpadpt12-2-5mm-to-3-5mm-micaudio-adaptor-113967/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base
Edited by K2e2vin - 11/28/10 at 6:13pmpost #14 of 1512/1/10 at 3:43pmThread Starter
- ath m50s + mixamp but what about a mic?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 36 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 58 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP for my PC 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 3 minutes ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › T-Peos Altone200 by d marc0
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)