Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM - Page 39

post #571 of 625

That's quite strange; I haven't received my pair yet, but in his review, IjokerI said that they were especially good at conserving quality at low volumes.

post #572 of 625

I don't know what your source is but I find myself turning down the Miracles most of the time just because the detail and bass at low volumes are outstanding.  It is a nice change not having to blast my music to extract the last bit of detail.  I'm using a modded DACport (1 OHM) playing FLAC and the volume is at roughly 2 out of 10.  I do turn it up as high as 4 when I feel like rocking out, but not for long.  Luckily, the DACport has excellent low volume balance control.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimu View Post

For Miracle owners -


What say you about low volume performance? I find that the Miracles are some of the weaker low volume performing headphones that I own. I always have to turn up the volume to medium-high - otherwise it sounds absolutely anemic and lifeless to me.



 


Edited by deadkenny64 - 2/4/12 at 8:58pm
post #573 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimu View Post

For Miracle owners -


What say you about low volume performance? I find that the Miracles are some of the weaker low volume performing headphones that I own. I always have to turn up the volume to medium-high - otherwise it sounds absolutely anemic and lifeless to me.



I don't seem to have that problem, very balanced throughout most of the (sensible) volume range. Again maybe having a tight seal helps? 

 

 

post #574 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleng View Post



I don't seem to have that problem, very balanced throughout most of the (sensible) volume range. Again maybe having a tight seal helps? 

 

 



Yeah, I sent them back for a refit. I'll do comparisons and the Sensaphonics seal test too. I sent UM some detailed instructions and made sure I got good impressions this time around.

post #575 of 625

Clarifications:

Regardless of who you buy Beat Audio cables from, as long as you order them to be compatible with UM sockets, they will always be the newest type, which right now has already been updated to the fully compatible version. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMelodyAus View Post

It's highly likely but we can't guarantee it.  All our IEM's, old socket or new are covered by our warranties though so you are always going to be safe.  One thing we'd suggest, measure the pins on your Beat Audio cable and compare them to your UM braided cable.

 

Beat Audio cables bought through UMAus/UMGlobal use a custom overmoulded pin and socket that are exactly the same as the UMCables and sockets.  We worked hard with BA to ensure 100% compatibility with no risk of socket damage due to incorrect pin size.  This is only available through UMGlobal distributors.  Most of our socket problems occur with clients that have bought BA cables or cables built for other IEM's and the pin size is too tight for the socket - though we are still covering these under our warranty. For now.



 

post #576 of 625

UM Miracle, Westone ES5 or Heir Audio 8A for someone who adores the Earsonics SM3 and Westone 4.

 

Thank you.

post #577 of 625

Can either UniqueMelodyAus or UniqueMelody comment about the cable in the following Ebay link?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280818562287?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1028wt_1392

 

They list it as Beat Audio and use a picture of a Beat Audio cable, but call it Silver Dragon instead of Silversonic.

post #578 of 625

There are other sellers for Beat Audio cables, and it's up to them to name it whatever they want. 

 

However, we can't just judge from the picture to say which is which. wink_face.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTKZ View Post

Can either UniqueMelodyAus or UniqueMelody comment about the cable in the following Ebay link?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280818562287?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1028wt_1392

 

They list it as Beat Audio and use a picture of a Beat Audio cable, but call it Silver Dragon instead of Silversonic.



 

post #579 of 625

Wasnt there some claims that they will start shipping the promo items soon after 10th of january ? Anyone got some news ?

post #580 of 625

I don't think they are going to ship the promo orders anytime soon. Infact, I am still waiting for my refits which alone have taken over 7 weeks and if you include the original waiting times then it would be 17 weeks . I have been told that they are experiencing very heavy work loads and all pending order will be delayed by two more weeks. My guess is that promo items will be with us by the end of March... if we are lucky.

post #581 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtarget666 View Post

I don't think they are going to ship the promo orders anytime soon. Infact, I am still waiting for my refits which alone have taken over 7 weeks and if you include the original waiting times then it would be 17 weeks . I have been told that they are experiencing very heavy work loads and all pending order will be delayed by two more weeks. My guess is that promo items will be with us by the end of March... if we are lucky.



Yeah, the thing is, though, the promo items have nothing to do with the workload in China. I actually feel sorry for UM Global that the Fortis cables have been so horrendously delayed - it's really not UM Global's fault.

 

 

 

However, manufacture of the CIEMs themselves is a different matter...

 

Sorry you've had such a long wait for refit - my original order took 11.5 weeks, but I now know some folks have been waiting even longer than this (not including refits - I mean just straight original orders). Personally, I'm willing to tolerate this IF companies are upfront about it from the outset, but not if they are telling potential customers that if they order, they can expect fulfillment within 6 weeks. Saying 6 weeks and then taking 12 weeks+ is not on.

 

 

 


Edited by Mython - 2/13/12 at 8:02pm
post #582 of 625

Okay, shoot. 



My Miracles are now officially MIA. I sent it for a refit a few weeks ago and it was delivered on the Feb 2nd. However, I checked the tracking, and the postal code it was delivered to was 528403. However, on closer inspection just now, I realized that UM's postal code is actually 528463. Oh jesus, I want to flip a table or something. Thankfully I got in insured for $1000? :/
 
post #583 of 625
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimu View Post

Okay, shoot. 



My Miracles are now officially MIA. I sent it for a refit a few weeks ago and it was delivered on the Feb 2nd. However, I checked the tracking, and the postal code it was delivered to was 528403. However, on closer inspection just now, I realized that UM's postal code is actually 528463. Oh jesus, I want to flip a table or something. Thankfully I got in insured for $1000? :/
 


Ouch! That's terrible. 

 

If someone ended up with them by mistake, what would they even do with them? It's not like they have any benefit to anyone besides you... but it is a bit late to assume they will still turn up.

 

This illustrates the good side of declaring and insuring for the full amount. Everyone wants overseas shippers to under-declare, in order to avoid taxes (understandable). But who foots the bill in that case when the item is lost?

post #584 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post



Ouch! That's terrible. 

 

If someone ended up with them by mistake, what would they even do with them? It's not like they have any benefit to anyone besides you... but it is a bit late to assume they will still turn up.

 

This illustrates the good side of declaring and insuring for the full amount. Everyone wants overseas shippers to under-declare, in order to avoid taxes (understandable). But who foots the bill in that case when the item is lost?


That question is exactly why I'm holding off shipping my Miracles for repairs.  I'm still awaiting for a formal answer and for them to catch up with their promo orders..

 

post #585 of 625

I sent my Miracles back to UM China's office at the end of December for the channel imbalance issue & a refit (USPS Int'l Express Priority).  I wasn't sure if or when they arrived in China since the CNY was in effect.  I hadn't heard anything even as recent as of a couple of weeks ago so I PM'ed the (always helpful) folks at UM Aus to see if they could find my shipment (UM Aus mentioned I should've sent the molds/Miracles to them instead of UM China, too.. doh!).  Within a day of that PM, I got an email from UM China stating they had received my Miracles & (new) impressions (huzzah!).. but didn't tell me when they arrived.  I pestered UM China a couple of days ago on the status of the refit/fix.. they said it should be shipped out by the end of the month.

 

March can't get here soon enough.


Edited by FlySweep - 2/18/12 at 2:10pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM