Both of mine are facing inward. The Left came loose in the box so I just attached it the same as the Right. Sounds good to me but now you have me wondering...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/31/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/25/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 12/7/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057) Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/28/14 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread Last post on 5/8/15 at 7:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on Today at 7:29 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM - Page 29post #421 of 62512/17/11 at 8:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 62512/17/11 at 8:38pm
Mine came with both L and R facing inwards and something sounded really off. I'd never have known the polarity was off, had I not experienced a similar situation with my TF10 a while back. Else, I'd have given up altogether. I was beginning to wonder why my W4, PFE242, and GR10 all sound much more balanced. No competition, now that I've got the correct orientation.post #423 of 62512/17/11 at 11:15pmOriginally Posted by i2ehan
I've but a small favor for my fellow UM Miracle owners. Can you please check your stock removable cables to see which way the L and R on the cable are oriented? In other words, do the letters face inwards, or outwards? Or, is one facing inwards, and the other outward? For me to get them to sound right, for some reason, I need to have one letter facing inwards, and one facing outward. All day, since I received them, I KNEW something was off. I've experienced something similar with my TF10's way back, when I was using my on cables, and the polarity was reversed. However, I assumed that the cables were oriented correctly just as I received them. Seems I was wrong, and only after me reversing the orientation on one side do they sound right.Originally Posted by i2ehan
Mine came with both L and R facing inwards and something sounded really off. I'd never have known the polarity was off, had I not experienced a similar situation with my TF10 a while back. Else, I'd have given up altogether. I was beginning to wonder why my W4, PFE242, and GR10 all sound much more balanced. No competition, now that I've got the correct orientation.
I forgot to mention it amid all the excitement.. so thanks for bringing it up, i2ehan.
I too noticed something was slightly off out-of-the-box regarding the channel balance. The L & R marks on my cord were properly oriented (text facing inwards) & plugged into the corresponding L & R ear molds. What I noticed was a channel imbalance of sorts.. but not really. Essentially, it felt like the stage wasn't centered.. everything felt slightly skewed toward the right channel. I heard sounds out of the left channel & it didn't sound necessarily quieter but, again, more sound felt like it was coming out of the right channel & things just sounded off center.
I reseated the terminals.. not much change.. I'm still A/Bing with other customs and cords (if possible) to figure out what's wrong cause it's still bugging me,. I don't know if this is an issue with the molds or the cord.
Edited by FlySweep - 12/17/11 at 11:17pmpost #424 of 62512/17/11 at 11:20pm
I hope you get this resolved, my friend. I was in a similar situation once with a second hand reshelled JH16, and just couldn't live with the slight imbalance I experienced. Have you tried contacting UM?post #425 of 62512/17/11 at 11:38pm
Now that I have the Miracle on hand, it's only right I up my source (currently FiiO E7, Clip+, and my Samsung Galaxy S II), hence I'm in the market for a portable source. Aside from the HiFiMan HM series, any other recommendations?post #426 of 62512/17/11 at 11:49pmQuote:
Wait for the DX100 - but see if its output impedance is low enough.
The HM series have insanely high output impedance. Perhaps 801 with GAME amp might do, but the others won't.
Though, I will test the 601 with the Miracles when I get them.post #427 of 62512/17/11 at 11:50pmQuote:
Do you have voodoo sound on the galaxy? Its not quite as good as my d10 cobra but myself nexus s with voodoo definitely works super well with the miraclesehile on the gopost #428 of 62512/18/11 at 12:31ampost #429 of 62512/18/11 at 12:53am
I appreciate the concern, fellas.
Tonight, I A/B'ed the Miracle with my other customs, universals, and full sized phones with tracks (whose imaging, balance, & instrument placement) I'm very familiar with. The stage's balance was centered, position-wise (between the left & right channels), and sounded virtually identical across those other phones. The same tracks on the Miracles definitely sounded (improperly) weighted toward the right channel. I swapped cables off my other customs & onto the Miracles in hopes that might be the culprit. Unfortunately, the issue persisted even with different cables. I've emailed UM about this. I hope they can resolve it quickly though I suspect it's going to require shipping it back to them.
Bummer.. cause they sound lovely & I'm going to miss them if I do have to send them back. At the same time, this relatively minor inconvenience ranks pretty low on things to get worked up about.. gotta keep things in perspective!post #430 of 62512/18/11 at 5:07am
Have you tried all the different possible cable orientations, as in L & R on the cable facing the same directions, opposite directions, or L & R orientations switched? You never know, my friend, but from the sound of things, it seems your polarity may be off just as mine was. A simply flip of the cables orientation on one side fixed the issue for me altogether.post #431 of 62512/18/11 at 5:39am
Ok head-fi'ers I need your help here.
I had selected a custom artwork for my Miracles and at the time of ordering ensured that I submitted a high resolution artwork (1052 x 1109 resolution) to avoid any issues with the final look. I paid £90 for the full colour HD option and also sent in a mock-up of how my Miracles should look. I spoke to Yusuf at Ampcity to review the artwork to see if it would cause any issues. I was assured that since I had gone for the Full Colour HD option and since the artwork was just one colour it would come out very well.
This is the mock-up I sent
This is what I got
Obviously I extremely disappointed with my Miracles as you can see from the pics that the artwork is extremely dull and very faint. At an arms distance you can barely see it. Customs look solid black and the artwork is only visibile under strong light. If they had said this was how it was going to look I would have either changed my artwork or not gone for one at all. Having spent £90 for something that is only under a strong light is not acceptable for me.
So does anyone here think it is unreasonable for me to ask for them to redo the artwork or get them to refund the £90? What do you guys think?
The other thing I am concerned about is the way the sound bores look on my Miracles. It looks unfinished or incomplete (gaps between the two sound bores). This may be how they normally look but can someone confirm this?post #432 of 62512/18/11 at 5:48amQuote:
That's normal, my friend. More importantly, how do they sound to you?post #433 of 62512/18/11 at 5:56am
I am really happy with their sound but not with the artwork plus I think the right side needs refit as right side keeps hitting what I can only describe as the lower jawbone and it is painful.post #434 of 62512/18/11 at 6:04am
If that's the case, then I'd send them back, were I in your shoes. See what UM is willing to do where the artwork is concerned, and your disappointment is within full reason, as far as I'm concerned. I'd recommend taking a close up shot of where exactly it is you're experiencing a problem with the fit, and highlighting the area you feel needs readjustment. Here's an example of a picture belonging to an individual on these very forums, who also encountered a fit issue, and provided the following image, which I'm sure made it much easier for UM to determine what needed to be corrected.post #435 of 62512/18/11 at 6:16am
Thats a good idea...thanks for the link . I still haven't contacted UM/Ampcity yet but thought I would first get some opinions here to see if I was being reasonable before contacting them. Hopefully UM will sort this out for me.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New Member Introductions thread 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New, Sealed Etymotic ER4PT (ER4P to ER4S cable included) 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M1, powerful WAV player 4 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2