Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM - Page 13

post #181 of 625

Just got my Miracle today, and was very happy with it.

But somehow I feel like the mid is a little laid back  and too airy for my taste.

And if the source sound... like 128kbs, it turns out sucks, too. Is this true ?

Could you recommend a good portable amp to pair with the Miracle ? (Traditional combo with itouch 4 + LOD)

I love Pop and Classical, btw

Thanks in advance beerchug.gif

post #182 of 625
Upgrade your source my friend.

There's no point buying a Ferrari and filling her up with low grade petrol.
Your source needs to be at least 256kbps for Miracle to work her magic.
128kbps files are for ibuds.
post #183 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post

Upgrade your source my friend.
There's no point buying a Ferrari and filling her up with low grade petrol.
Your source needs to be at least 256kbps for Miracle to work her magic.
128kbps files are for ibuds.


What he said.

post #184 of 625

Yep, what distinguishes a high-end IEM from a low-end bud is it's handling of the extremes of the audio spectrum and it's far greater resolving power, along with its convincing presentation of auditory positional cues. Every single one of these factors relies upon good source material because it is precisely these micro details, so critical to a realistic, convincing auditory performance, that a lossy highly-compressed file discards.

 

post #185 of 625

When you say source you make it sound like he needs to upgrade his itouch.  What he really needs to do is upgrade his music files =)

post #186 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post

When you say source you make it sound like he needs to upgrade his itouch.  What he really needs to do is upgrade his music files =)



 

Ahh, but you're reading one word and taking it out of context;

 

I said source material ! popcorn.gif

post #187 of 625

I was talking about joe's comment.

post #188 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post

I was talking about joe's comment.



My mistake.

 

Apologies.smile.gif

post #189 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post

Upgrade your source my friend.
There's no point buying a Ferrari and filling her up with low grade petrol.
Your source needs to be at least 256kbps for Miracle to work her magic.
128kbps files are for ibuds.


Yeah, I questioned about that because reviewer said the Miracle could go along with any source type smily_headphones1.gif

I tried my Miracle on Studio V2 and Colorfly C4 with flac and the sharpness still there, it's quite annoying to my ears.

Some guys mention that this beauty needs burn-in, is it necessary ?

 

Btw, you guys haven't answer me about the amp biggrin.gif

post #190 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmevn View Post
Yeah, I questioned about that because reviewer said the Miracle could go along with any source type smily_headphones1.gif

I tried my Miracle on Studio V2 and Colorfly C4 with flac and the sharpness still there, it's quite annoying to my ears.

 


Did you try to listen to a sine sweep?

If there is a significant and narrow peak in the treble (around 6kHz - as the Miracle graph shows), then it isn't curable redface.gif

Anybody with a Miracle who would like to chime in on this?

I am considering buying the Miracle ...

 

post #191 of 625
Thread Starter 

For portable amps, you don't really need anything crazy powerful. The cleaner the better though - you want a neutral transparent amp that will make your portable setup perform more like a good home setup (rather than a compromised portable solution which is how many portable devices sound).

 

I have no experience with the Colorfly or the HiSound units, but it's possible that they are messing with your frequency response. I know some of the HiSound products have been shown to look quite bad:

 

hisound.png

 

Notice the rolled off lows and peaky upper mids/highs? That lines up with what you are describing. 

 

As for the Miracle having a peak centered around 6kHz: that's a common feature in high end customs. Westone ES3X, JH13 and JH16, UM Merlin and Miracle, and many others all have it.

 

 

post #192 of 625
I agree that a peak is seen in most headphones and iems in that area, but they are much, much less than the one seen in the Miracle's graph. If the peak only reached a little higher than the bottom third of the spectrum I wouldn't be concerned. The Miracles peak is 10-15dBs, and that's huge. However, if it isn't audible because it's measurement artifacts, then it's okay of course.
post #193 of 625
Thread Starter 

It's usually very similar when using a Knowles Acoustic TWFK variant as part of a larger multi-driver system. The graphs I've seen of ES3X, JH13, JH16, and Merlin all have nearly identical peaks. I agree that it looks concerning, but folks don't usually interpret these customs as being too sharp. 

post #194 of 625

Is there any by chance that UM made a mistake with my Miracle ?

Cause after some burn-in and source changing nothing was improved. Should I send back my pair along with my complaints ?

post #195 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmevn View Post

Is there any by chance that UM made a mistake with my Miracle ?

Cause after some burn-in and source changing nothing was improved. Should I send back my pair along with my complaints ?


BA IEMs don't need burn in. 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM