Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM - Page 2

post #16 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Eric, Maybe we could wait until you get those as wellwink_face.gif



Hopefully by the end of next week or sooner @ goodvibes.beerchug.gif

post #17 of 625

Nice review project86 smile.gif.

I have had tangled my head between (ES3X/ES5) and now I have tangled my head even more. Thank you for that bigsmile_face.gif.

post #18 of 625
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by knopi View Post

Nice review project86 smile.gif.

I have had tangled my head between (ES3X/ES5) and now I have tangled my head even more. Thank you for that bigsmile_face.gif.

 

Haha, sorry. I've been wanting to try ES5 based on my love for ES3X. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either choice, but I can only confirm how excellent the Miracle is since I haven't heard the ES5.
 

post #19 of 625

Very nice review, easy to read because it's enjoyable. I've ordered the 1964ears quads too, but the sound of the extension in the bass and the fact you say they suit all genres makes me wonder if these might be a better chocie ahhh and the merlin sounds interesting too! bah to this hobby and me not being filthy rich.

post #20 of 625

Thnx for the great review!smily_headphones1.gif

post #21 of 625


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

DSC_0002.JPG



project86, you need to get a new couch, it's unworthy of all teh high end audiophile quality equipment you have been reviewing lately

post #22 of 625

@project86

 

What is size is the nozzle on your Miracle? Is it the size of your Monster Tips, or is the nozzle smaller?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #23 of 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy View Post


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

DSC_0002.JPG



project86, you need to get a new couch, it's unworthy of all teh high end audiophile quality equipment you have been reviewing lately


Haha...maybe he's spending all the money in audio gears..

post #24 of 625
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisn4e View Post

Very nice review, easy to read because it's enjoyable. I've ordered the 1964ears quads too, but the sound of the extension in the bass and the fact you say they suit all genres makes me wonder if these might be a better chocie ahhh and the merlin sounds interesting too! bah to this hobby and me not being filthy rich.



Thanks! I like my 1964 triples, and the quads look great too according to the spec sheet. You should be happy with them. They might not be as good as the Miracle but you gotta be happy with what you can afford. There is literally ALWAYS something better out there (or right around the corner), so don't let it disappoint you. That's a good way to lose enjoyment of this hobby as well as go broke.



Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy View Post


 

project86, you need to get a new couch, it's unworthy of all teh high end audiophile quality equipment you have been reviewing lately


Hey don't diss the couch! It's actually one of the most comfy couches I've ever sat on, and was fairly expensive back in the day. It just happens to be in what I call the "toy living room" which is where my kids get to make a mess, so it gets a decent amount of abuse. Since that area is often messy, it is also home to an ever changing headphone setup that my wife doesn't complain about. If I tried that in the real living room, next to the fancy leather couches..... let's just say it wouldn't go as well.

 

I have been meaning to work on my photography skills though, and I suppose finding a nice white backdrop would be a good idea. I really like how they do it on the Headfonia website. I have a lot to learn in that area.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by violinvirtuoso View Post

@project86

 

What is size is the nozzle on your Miracle? Is it the size of your Monster Tips, or is the nozzle smaller?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

This Miracle is just a demo model; you normally wouldn't be able to put tips on a custom at all. So I'm not sure I understand the question, sorry.
 

post #25 of 625


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by violinvirtuoso View Post

@project86

 

What is size is the nozzle on your Miracle? Is it the size of your Monster Tips, or is the nozzle smaller?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

This Miracle is just a demo model; you normally wouldn't be able to put tips on a custom at all. So I'm not sure I understand the question, sorry.
 


I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear. After talking with Stephen, it turns out that Unique Melody is willing to sell the universal versions of his customs (for those of us too young to get customs, or unwilling to have the commitment of customs). I was wondering whether your Monster tips fit on the demo, or whether the demo had a different sized nozzle.

 

Thanks (let me know if I am still not clear).

post #26 of 625
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by violinvirtuoso View Post


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by violinvirtuoso View Post

@project86

 

What is size is the nozzle on your Miracle? Is it the size of your Monster Tips, or is the nozzle smaller?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

This Miracle is just a demo model; you normally wouldn't be able to put tips on a custom at all. So I'm not sure I understand the question, sorry.
 


I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear. After talking with Stephen, it turns out that Unique Melody is willing to sell the universal versions of his customs (for those of us too young to get customs, or unwilling to have the commitment of customs). I was wondering whether your Monster tips fit on the demo, or whether the demo had a different sized nozzle.

 

Thanks (let me know if I am still not clear).


Ah I see, my error. To be honest, I never tried any other tips on them and I have sent them back already or I'd double check. From memory though they did seem like that same size. Come to think of it, when I had the Aero demo it seems like I tried some UE tips and they did fit, which means the Monster tips should fit too.
 

post #27 of 625

Cool, thanks!

post #28 of 625

This thread has been a fascinating and dangerous reading!!

As a newby to the world of IEMs  the last couple of years I have owned/heard  Denon C700,  Kipsch X10, Sennheiser  IE8 and Fischer Audio DBA-02, all universal IEMs, the latter being the one I have enjoyed the most and has the sound signature I really like.

But after that reading  I am very intrigued by the quality of sound you lucky guys are getting with the Miracle.

Initially I was considering JH5 and 1964-t as my candidates to jump to the custom bandwagon. Now I feel greedy and want it all at once, even though my wallet is already complaining!!

Two things that hold me back about going custom are the comfort uncertainty of having a hard-material stem deep inside my ear canal, and the difficulty of finding an audiologist who has taken impressions to build customs IEM, in my country.

In this regard, this thread caught my attention realizing UM seems to be the only one that sells “universal customs”, a viable option to my potential issues with customs.

Project86, I’d love if you could elaborate a little more about comfort and fit with the demo unit and would be great to find a picture of the said unit actually placed in the ear.

I have no idea what to expect from custom IEM but feel confident at this level, whichever model I decide upon, will be a huge upgrade over my current universal IEM.

It better be so, considering we are talking about lots of money. 

I might have gone crazy considering this level of expenditure on IEM. In the end, I do hope the upgraditis comes to an end, don't I??

Thanks to all in advance,

Jose

post #29 of 625
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josesol07 View Post

This thread has been a fascinating and dangerous reading!!

As a newby to the world of IEMs  the last couple of years I have owned/heard  Denon C700,  Kipsch X10, Sennheiser  IE8 and Fischer Audio DBA-02, all universal IEMs, the latter being the one I have enjoyed the most and has the sound signature I really like.

But after that reading  I am very intrigued by the quality of sound you lucky guys are getting with the Miracle.

Initially I was considering JH5 and 1964-t as my candidates to jump to the custom bandwagon. Now I feel greedy and want it all at once, even though my wallet is already complaining!!

Two things that hold me back about going custom are the comfort uncertainty of having a hard-material stem deep inside my ear canal, and the difficulty of finding an audiologist who has taken impressions to build customs IEM, in my country.

In this regard, this thread caught my attention realizing UM seems to be the only one that sells “universal customs”, a viable option to my potential issues with customs.

Project86, I’d love if you could elaborate a little more about comfort and fit with the demo unit and would be great to find a picture of the said unit actually placed in the ear.

I have no idea what to expect from custom IEM but feel confident at this level, whichever model I decide upon, will be a huge upgrade over my current universal IEM.

It better be so, considering we are talking about lots of money. 

I might have gone crazy considering this level of expenditure on IEM. In the end, I do hope the upgraditis comes to an end, don't I??

Thanks to all in advance,

Jose



I know it sounds odd to have something stick in your ear like that, but it is really not any worse than a regular IEM. Actually it is probably a lot less stress in the ear canal because it is specifically designed to fit your unique ears, rather than tips of an IEM which usually need to expand inside to give you a tight seal.

 

As for impressions... it really is pretty easy to do yourself, although I understand how a person might feel uncomfortable. I've used these kits:

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/foimkit.html

And it turned out great. Maybe something like that would work as a last resort if you really can't find anyone to do it?

 

As for quality, even my "cheap" 1964-T sounds better to my ears than any universal I've tried. You already know my thoughts on the Miracle...

 

Perhaps Stephen from www.custom-iem.com can elaborate on this, but I think UM has in fact sold the universal demo type model to some customers. The fit was quite good for me, and it seemed small enough to where it should fit almost anybody. Think Westone UM3X, or Earsonic SM3, or something of that size.

 

I didn't take any pictures of it in my ear, and unfortunately I've already sent it back. Maybe Stephen has a picture of one of the demo models in an actual ear? Or maybe can get one for you? I'd PM or email him since he is super helpful.

post #30 of 625

Man..I sent it back to UM lab too. 

I think it's more or less similar to SE530 except that it is just a little bit bigger and better shaped. 

 

Jose already emailed me and just like I told him, we offer free refit within the first month if there's any severe fitting issues. 

We can also add thin layers of acrylic to the earpieces to make them have a tighter seal. And the best part of this is that you can't even tell the difference with your eyes before and after. 

 

=)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM