Have you read manual and placed your jumper correctly?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/Amp under $200? (noob question) Last post on 5/26/12 at 8:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a Headphone Amp/DAC/Preamp in one... Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp/DAC recommendations for HD 650 Last post on 3/9/11 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is the veteran ex-flagship model of FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) which was announced not long ago. It is a 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1 low woofer) 4 way crossover...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-GD NFB-12 - Page 146
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks! I opened it up and the jumpers were indeed in the wrong location.
EDIT: Never mind, it says "NFB-12" on the board, but there are no filters, weird.
EDIT2: Searched this thread and found out that my NFB-12 is an early model with no filter settings.
Does anyone know which setting it's equivalent to?
EDIT3: Fixed output is still being affected by the volume pot!
Edited by asdafaasda - 1/18/13 at 8:05pm
Vide Edit 3
My first quess is the jumper might be broken / not working. Along with the unit you should have bag with spare jumpers, try to use another one and double check if its placed securely and in correct position.
Unfortunately, I bought it off another person, and they did not include the replacement jumpers.
Would there be a difference in sound quality if I use variable as DAC out if I connect it to another amp? Also, are there replacement jumpers available online?
From sound quality point of view, if you are using integrated amplifier fixed signal from DAC should be deliver. If you are using power amp, you could use NFB-12 as pre-am in this case fixed is not required. Concerning jumpers from mu experienced this jumpers are not different than used in pc mainboards (for i.e. clear cmos), so you coud try pc shops, pc repair etc. Alternatively you could PM Kingwa and ask them about availablility of jumpers.
Yeah those jumpers are super common. I got a jar filled with them. Anyone who spent some time building computers should have a stack of them. A computer repair shop should have buckets of them. Let's just say paying for such an item is just silly.
If you're in Canada, just PM me your address and I'll post you some.
Though you should verify that the jumper really is the problem. If you're confident in the steadiness of your hands, you could try shorting the pin together with a metal object while the unit is powered. I'm not responsible if you short something else, though. ;)
BTW the FIXED volume is the same as when the pot is in the middle. So if you wanna test it, don't leave the pot in the middle, but more like 1/4 volume.
Though you don't even have to test the volume out. If you place the Output switch to FIXED and short the pins bellow the jumper in this picture, you should hear a relay click. It should also click if you insert a working jumper while it's in this state.
If nothing clicks, then you indeed have a problem.
So back to my question earlier. When I flip the switch to "DAC," sound should stop coming out of the headphone jack? Because that's not the case.
Current configuration is Optical > iMac. Nothing else plugged into the NFB12.
Yes, it should. Your unit is clearly defective.
Just write them an email and ask. I've had good experience contacting them trough e-mails.
I think you'll have to cover the shipping cost to send it back oversea. If that's the case, maybe you could shop around locally for someone who could fix it. I have a feeling it's a super simple problem - probably a dead relay, a bad solder or a broken wire. It may be cheaper - and faster - to get it fixed locally.
Welp, it turns out I'm just an idiot and had the jumper in the wrong slot . All I had to do was swap the cable and jumper positions and it works correctly now.
Customer service was top notch...exchanged several e-mails with Kingwa and he responded within minutes each time. Glad I got that sorted.
"No.1502 Room 16 building Yu-jing Garden Jin-Bi new building Leliu Town Shunde District Foshan City Guangdong province China"
I really don't know what to write on the box before I send it, because if I just write that down I'm sure it will just get returned to me and I'll lose the $40 or whatever it costs to ship it back to them.
Is this thread also valid for the nfb-15.32?
I was wondering if it is possible to use the EQ with the usb connection too. I'm not talking about a player EQ, but an overall system EQ. I use my pc as transport, so I would like my sound to be constantly equalized, even when watching youtube, or playing videogames.
By going lowest gain setting that still allows normal listening - you then have much finer control of volume. Sometimes using higher gain can take away a lot of the available 'play' you would have had on the pot - so you effectively end up limiting your volume options.
- Audio-GD NFB-12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 3 minutes ago
- › JPS Labs O2 AMP/DAC 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi