Have you read manual and placed your jumper correctly?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/Amp under $200? (noob question) Last post on 5/26/12 at 8:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a Headphone Amp/DAC/Preamp in one... Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp/DAC recommendations for HD 650 Last post on 3/9/11 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
Xiaomi have always been ahead of it's time in budget high quality earphones and smarthphone, their goal look like to make accessible for the mass products that was only accessible for wealthy...
Audio-GD NFB-12 - Page 146
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2177 of 22741/18/13 at 7:11pm
Thanks! I opened it up and the jumpers were indeed in the wrong location.
EDIT: Never mind, it says "NFB-12" on the board, but there are no filters, weird.
EDIT2: Searched this thread and found out that my NFB-12 is an early model with no filter settings.
Does anyone know which setting it's equivalent to?
EDIT3: Fixed output is still being affected by the volume pot!
Edited by asdafaasda - 1/18/13 at 8:05pmpost #2178 of 22741/19/13 at 7:28am
Vide Edit 3
My first quess is the jumper might be broken / not working. Along with the unit you should have bag with spare jumpers, try to use another one and double check if its placed securely and in correct position.post #2179 of 22741/19/13 at 5:22pmQuote:
Unfortunately, I bought it off another person, and they did not include the replacement jumpers.
Would there be a difference in sound quality if I use variable as DAC out if I connect it to another amp? Also, are there replacement jumpers available online?post #2180 of 22741/22/13 at 2:08pm
From sound quality point of view, if you are using integrated amplifier fixed signal from DAC should be deliver. If you are using power amp, you could use NFB-12 as pre-am in this case fixed is not required. Concerning jumpers from mu experienced this jumpers are not different than used in pc mainboards (for i.e. clear cmos), so you coud try pc shops, pc repair etc. Alternatively you could PM Kingwa and ask them about availablility of jumpers.post #2181 of 22741/22/13 at 6:30pm
Yeah those jumpers are super common. I got a jar filled with them. Anyone who spent some time building computers should have a stack of them. A computer repair shop should have buckets of them. Let's just say paying for such an item is just silly.
If you're in Canada, just PM me your address and I'll post you some.
Though you should verify that the jumper really is the problem. If you're confident in the steadiness of your hands, you could try shorting the pin together with a metal object while the unit is powered. I'm not responsible if you short something else, though. ;)
BTW the FIXED volume is the same as when the pot is in the middle. So if you wanna test it, don't leave the pot in the middle, but more like 1/4 volume.
Though you don't even have to test the volume out. If you place the Output switch to FIXED and short the pins bellow the jumper in this picture, you should hear a relay click. It should also click if you insert a working jumper while it's in this state.
If nothing clicks, then you indeed have a problem.post #2182 of 22742/1/13 at 8:33am
So back to my question earlier. When I flip the switch to "DAC," sound should stop coming out of the headphone jack? Because that's not the case.
Current configuration is Optical > iMac. Nothing else plugged into the NFB12.post #2183 of 22742/1/13 at 1:51pmQuote:
Yes, it should. Your unit is clearly defective.post #2184 of 22742/1/13 at 4:14pmpost #2185 of 22742/1/13 at 4:19pm
Just write them an email and ask. I've had good experience contacting them trough e-mails.
I think you'll have to cover the shipping cost to send it back oversea. If that's the case, maybe you could shop around locally for someone who could fix it. I have a feeling it's a super simple problem - probably a dead relay, a bad solder or a broken wire. It may be cheaper - and faster - to get it fixed locally.post #2186 of 22742/2/13 at 10:16pm
Welp, it turns out I'm just an idiot and had the jumper in the wrong slot . All I had to do was swap the cable and jumper positions and it works correctly now.
Customer service was top notch...exchanged several e-mails with Kingwa and he responded within minutes each time. Glad I got that sorted.post #2187 of 22742/11/13 at 2:33pmFor those of you that had to return equipment to audio-gd, what address did you ship to? I've had my NFB-12 and T1 sitting in a box unable to use either for a few months now and I want to get around to shipping it, but the user pays shipping both ways and the mess of a shipping address Audio-gd has provided me with is this:
"No.1502 Room 16 building Yu-jing Garden Jin-Bi new building Leliu Town Shunde District Foshan City Guangdong province China"
I really don't know what to write on the box before I send it, because if I just write that down I'm sure it will just get returned to me and I'll lose the $40 or whatever it costs to ship it back to them.post #2188 of 22742/16/13 at 1:47pm
Is this thread also valid for the nfb-15.32?
I was wondering if it is possible to use the EQ with the usb connection too. I'm not talking about a player EQ, but an overall system EQ. I use my pc as transport, so I would like my sound to be constantly equalized, even when watching youtube, or playing videogames.
post #2189 of 22742/16/13 at 4:21pmpost #2190 of 22742/16/13 at 10:08pm
By going lowest gain setting that still allows normal listening - you then have much finer control of volume. Sometimes using higher gain can take away a lot of the available 'play' you would have had on the pot - so you effectively end up limiting your volume options.
- Audio-GD NFB-12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 43 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denver Spring Meet 2017 - May 20th 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio iOne official thread - There can be only one! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Do I need an amp/usb soundcard for my headphones/headset? 10 minutes ago
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by B9Scrambler
- › Meze 99 Neo by ryanjsoo
- › Beat Audio Signal by mrazik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear