just got an email back about availability. you can still order an NFB-12 currently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/Amp under $200? (noob question) Last post on 5/26/12 at 8:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a Headphone Amp/DAC/Preamp in one... Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp/DAC recommendations for HD 650 Last post on 3/9/11 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-GD NFB-12 - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
May I ask a (stupid) question ???? The last of the year, I promise !!
With the NFB-12, may I use RCA cable to my tube amp ? and this way I could choose between my tube headphone amp or the NFB 12 ???
Is this possible? If so, I'll put my DACmagic for sale and try the NFB12... this way, I'll know a bit about Audio-GD...
Thanks for your time
NFB-12 & 11 does have a DAC out. So, yes, you can use it as a preamp and feed directly to an amp.
I wouldn't sell that DacMagic until you actually get the NFB-12 though....audio-gd has a pretty good backlog of orders to produce right now, and not many people to work on it.
Hang on a week, as I'll have a few things to test out and report back on:
NFB-11 arrived yesterday.
Emotiva's well liked USP-1 preamp and UPA-2 amp arrives on Wednesday.
This will give me a good chance to test out the NFB-11 versus a good preamp.
I know these are not out to the masses yet, but will the NFB-12 be able to drive the Beyerdynamic DT770 600 ohms? I am contemplating on either the 250 or 600 ohms and some threads that I have read suggests that the 600 ohms version is the best.
Just check around the forum to see how well the FUN and Sparrow work with 600 ohm headphones since the amp is very similar as far as power output. 6Moons reviewed the M-Stage which has similar output and felt it was lacking for 600 ohm cans. You need a lot of voltage and a fair amount of current. Audio-GD publishes current at 600ohms, but I don't think Vp-p is available. The 600ohm Beyers push 750ohms in the mid-bass region.
My 600-Ohm T1 drive perfectly off the Sparrow, the volume sitting at about 10-11 o'clock for comfort with lots of headroom. NFB-12/FUN have the same output, so it's plenty. There was not much difference going to the LD MKIII, which has over twice the power output of the Sparrow for 600-Ohm, so they were well fed to begin with. You'd probably want to flip the gain switch on the NFB-12 to the +12 setting.
Edited by Elanzer - 12/31/10 at 1:06pm
The agony for me was deciding to order the NFB12 before the NFB11 because I thought I would get the NFB12 before the NFB11. Now I cannot get the NFB11 with the Sabre 9018 , when I purchased the NFB12 in the email I stated that I would purchase the NFB11 later , I wonder if....
- Audio-GD NFB-12
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 13 seconds ago
- › sennheiser HD 558 30 seconds ago
- › Even in the 1940s they knew about bias and prejudice in audio 35 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › Help! I think something is wrong with the way i perceive sound. 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob