just got an email back about availability. you can still order an NFB-12 currently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/Amp under $200? (noob question) Last post on 5/26/12 at 8:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a Headphone Amp/DAC/Preamp in one... Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp/DAC recommendations for HD 650 Last post on 3/9/11 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-GD NFB-12 - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
May I ask a (stupid) question ???? The last of the year, I promise !!
With the NFB-12, may I use RCA cable to my tube amp ? and this way I could choose between my tube headphone amp or the NFB 12 ???
Is this possible? If so, I'll put my DACmagic for sale and try the NFB12... this way, I'll know a bit about Audio-GD...
Thanks for your time
NFB-12 & 11 does have a DAC out. So, yes, you can use it as a preamp and feed directly to an amp.
I wouldn't sell that DacMagic until you actually get the NFB-12 though....audio-gd has a pretty good backlog of orders to produce right now, and not many people to work on it.
Hang on a week, as I'll have a few things to test out and report back on:
NFB-11 arrived yesterday.
Emotiva's well liked USP-1 preamp and UPA-2 amp arrives on Wednesday.
This will give me a good chance to test out the NFB-11 versus a good preamp.
I know these are not out to the masses yet, but will the NFB-12 be able to drive the Beyerdynamic DT770 600 ohms? I am contemplating on either the 250 or 600 ohms and some threads that I have read suggests that the 600 ohms version is the best.
Just check around the forum to see how well the FUN and Sparrow work with 600 ohm headphones since the amp is very similar as far as power output. 6Moons reviewed the M-Stage which has similar output and felt it was lacking for 600 ohm cans. You need a lot of voltage and a fair amount of current. Audio-GD publishes current at 600ohms, but I don't think Vp-p is available. The 600ohm Beyers push 750ohms in the mid-bass region.
My 600-Ohm T1 drive perfectly off the Sparrow, the volume sitting at about 10-11 o'clock for comfort with lots of headroom. NFB-12/FUN have the same output, so it's plenty. There was not much difference going to the LD MKIII, which has over twice the power output of the Sparrow for 600-Ohm, so they were well fed to begin with. You'd probably want to flip the gain switch on the NFB-12 to the +12 setting.
Edited by Elanzer - 12/31/10 at 1:06pm
The agony for me was deciding to order the NFB12 before the NFB11 because I thought I would get the NFB12 before the NFB11. Now I cannot get the NFB11 with the Sabre 9018 , when I purchased the NFB12 in the email I stated that I would purchase the NFB11 later , I wonder if....
- Audio-GD NFB-12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 9 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 41 seconds ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 42 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2