just got an email back about availability. you can still order an NFB-12 currently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/Amp under $200? (noob question) Last post on 5/26/12 at 8:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a Headphone Amp/DAC/Preamp in one... Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp/DAC recommendations for HD 650 Last post on 3/9/11 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-GD NFB-12 - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
May I ask a (stupid) question ???? The last of the year, I promise !!
With the NFB-12, may I use RCA cable to my tube amp ? and this way I could choose between my tube headphone amp or the NFB 12 ???
Is this possible? If so, I'll put my DACmagic for sale and try the NFB12... this way, I'll know a bit about Audio-GD...
Thanks for your time
NFB-12 & 11 does have a DAC out. So, yes, you can use it as a preamp and feed directly to an amp.
I wouldn't sell that DacMagic until you actually get the NFB-12 though....audio-gd has a pretty good backlog of orders to produce right now, and not many people to work on it.
Hang on a week, as I'll have a few things to test out and report back on:
NFB-11 arrived yesterday.
Emotiva's well liked USP-1 preamp and UPA-2 amp arrives on Wednesday.
This will give me a good chance to test out the NFB-11 versus a good preamp.
I know these are not out to the masses yet, but will the NFB-12 be able to drive the Beyerdynamic DT770 600 ohms? I am contemplating on either the 250 or 600 ohms and some threads that I have read suggests that the 600 ohms version is the best.
Just check around the forum to see how well the FUN and Sparrow work with 600 ohm headphones since the amp is very similar as far as power output. 6Moons reviewed the M-Stage which has similar output and felt it was lacking for 600 ohm cans. You need a lot of voltage and a fair amount of current. Audio-GD publishes current at 600ohms, but I don't think Vp-p is available. The 600ohm Beyers push 750ohms in the mid-bass region.
My 600-Ohm T1 drive perfectly off the Sparrow, the volume sitting at about 10-11 o'clock for comfort with lots of headroom. NFB-12/FUN have the same output, so it's plenty. There was not much difference going to the LD MKIII, which has over twice the power output of the Sparrow for 600-Ohm, so they were well fed to begin with. You'd probably want to flip the gain switch on the NFB-12 to the +12 setting.
Edited by Elanzer - 12/31/10 at 1:06pm
The agony for me was deciding to order the NFB12 before the NFB11 because I thought I would get the NFB12 before the NFB11. Now I cannot get the NFB11 with the Sabre 9018 , when I purchased the NFB12 in the email I stated that I would purchase the NFB11 later , I wonder if....
- Audio-GD NFB-12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 26 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 32 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 43 seconds ago
- › Help for LP setup 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sure Electronics 2x100W Class D Bluetooth Amp. 1 minute ago
- › Is a Soundcard Going to Improve my Computer's Audio? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)