just got an email back about availability. you can still order an NFB-12 currently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/Amp under $200? (noob question) Last post on 5/26/12 at 8:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a Headphone Amp/DAC/Preamp in one... Last post on 5/24/11 at 8:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp/DAC recommendations for HD 650 Last post on 3/9/11 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
Audio-GD NFB-12 - Page 9post #121 of 227312/30/10 at 11:14pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 227312/31/10 at 7:19ampost #123 of 227312/31/10 at 8:28ampost #124 of 227312/31/10 at 9:07am
May I ask a (stupid) question ???? The last of the year, I promise !!
With the NFB-12, may I use RCA cable to my tube amp ? and this way I could choose between my tube headphone amp or the NFB 12 ???
Is this possible? If so, I'll put my DACmagic for sale and try the NFB12... this way, I'll know a bit about Audio-GD...
Thanks for your time
Denyspost #125 of 227312/31/10 at 9:19ampost #126 of 227312/31/10 at 9:58am
NFB-12 & 11 does have a DAC out. So, yes, you can use it as a preamp and feed directly to an amp.
I wouldn't sell that DacMagic until you actually get the NFB-12 though....audio-gd has a pretty good backlog of orders to produce right now, and not many people to work on it.
Hang on a week, as I'll have a few things to test out and report back on:
NFB-11 arrived yesterday.
Emotiva's well liked USP-1 preamp and UPA-2 amp arrives on Wednesday.
This will give me a good chance to test out the NFB-11 versus a good preamp.post #127 of 227312/31/10 at 10:09am
I know these are not out to the masses yet, but will the NFB-12 be able to drive the Beyerdynamic DT770 600 ohms? I am contemplating on either the 250 or 600 ohms and some threads that I have read suggests that the 600 ohms version is the best.post #128 of 227312/31/10 at 11:09amThread Starter
Just check around the forum to see how well the FUN and Sparrow work with 600 ohm headphones since the amp is very similar as far as power output. 6Moons reviewed the M-Stage which has similar output and felt it was lacking for 600 ohm cans. You need a lot of voltage and a fair amount of current. Audio-GD publishes current at 600ohms, but I don't think Vp-p is available. The 600ohm Beyers push 750ohms in the mid-bass region.post #129 of 227312/31/10 at 12:54pm
My 600-Ohm T1 drive perfectly off the Sparrow, the volume sitting at about 10-11 o'clock for comfort with lots of headroom. NFB-12/FUN have the same output, so it's plenty. There was not much difference going to the LD MKIII, which has over twice the power output of the Sparrow for 600-Ohm, so they were well fed to begin with. You'd probably want to flip the gain switch on the NFB-12 to the +12 setting.
Edited by Elanzer - 12/31/10 at 1:06pmpost #130 of 227312/31/10 at 2:40pmpost #131 of 227312/31/10 at 4:29pmpost #132 of 227312/31/10 at 9:20pmpost #133 of 22731/1/11 at 10:27pm
The agony for me was deciding to order the NFB12 before the NFB11 because I thought I would get the NFB12 before the NFB11. Now I cannot get the NFB11 with the Sabre 9018 , when I purchased the NFB12 in the email I stated that I would purchase the NFB11 later , I wonder if....post #134 of 22731/1/11 at 10:44pmpost #135 of 22731/1/11 at 10:53pm
- Audio-GD NFB-12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 9 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 13 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero IEMs 16 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 17 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 47 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Need recommendation between ATH-R70X & HD600 & AKG K712 Pro 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear