Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 65

post #961 of 2885

For me the decision came down to one criteria: does the fit/non-fit distract me from my listening? If yes, for me that needs a redo.

 

Given how snug my left ear-piece fits, I expect my right to be the same. Hopefully I won't be disappointed as a result of the different anatomy between my 2 ears.

post #962 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

For me the decision came down to one criteria: does the fit/non-fit distract me from my listening? If yes, for me that needs a redo.

 

Given how snug my left ear-piece fits, I expect my right to be the same. Hopefully I won't be disappointed as a result of the different anatomy between my 2 ears.

Wow good one Loquah.....I will keep that in mind.....distracting......the test for now will be tomorrow and the return segments on Monday.

post #963 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

For me the decision came down to one criteria: does the fit/non-fit distract me from my listening? If yes, for me that needs a redo.

 

Given how snug my left ear-piece fits, I expect my right to be the same. Hopefully I won't be disappointed as a result of the different anatomy between my 2 ears.

Wow good one Loquah.....I will keep that in mind.....distracting......the test for now will be tomorrow and the return segments on Monday.

 

That was why I sent new impressions in to redo my T1's. The fit was just ...off....and it was distracting. 

post #964 of 2885

So it still high depends on individuals?

If i can tolerate, then refit won't be necessary.

post #965 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Although I don't have any UM stuff, I was wondering how you guys determine if you're going for a refit. My left side "seems" to be a little loose in the canal portion. I can feel it tickling against my ear canals inside. However, I don't lose any seal or anything like that. It always feels like it's going to fall out, but it is pretty secure inside. It's also easier to break the seal making weird facial expressions on the left earpiece. My right earpiece always maintains a good and comfortable seal.

 

This may not help much, but here's my input. 

 

The first thing, and in some ways the most important, consider what Loquah said i.e. the fit should be something you are comfortable with, something that enables you to enjoy the music without being distracted or annoyed. If you wear it and get "disturbed" within minutes or less than an hour, then it is definitely an issue. That said though, this is a highly subjective issue given that it relates to the enjoyment factor and can be based on personal preference. But that in some way, is the whole point of getting customs. Whilst arguing through this way to get a refit may be "risky" and custom companies will be inherently reluctant to just do it on a whim because they stand to lose in the long run if it gets abuse, it also may indicate two things. Firstly, it may show how much they are willing to go the extra mile; and/or how much they want your business. At the end of that, what's more important is that you are happy with what you have. 

 

Aside from that, the other questions you will have to think of is whether there are any channel imbalances because of that. If so, then obviously you need the refit. So sit in a quiet environment, at low volumes, and then walk around and make expressions. Test it out fully to ensure that you are happy with both the fit and the sound. Walk around, move a little, make facial expressions (especially ones you are likely to use whilst having the earphones on i.e. smiling, frown, laugh a little, even maybe laugh a lot, and open your jaw as wide as possible i.e. chewing actions), heck, tug the cable just a little bit, just to see if it falls out or may be prone to falling out. If with any of the tests, the earphones fall out, you've got an issue. 

 

Then obviously you have the whole issue of going through the "trouble" of refitting, the time etc. In all that, how much does the whole issue really bug you? There will always be some issues. Most things aren't just straight out "perfect". But customs are something you keep for the long run, so you might want to get it right as well. The fact you've brought it up probably indicates it does bug you a little bit. If it is loose inside, it probably means that the fit on the outside isn't right, because that is what causes the movement on the inside. Don't ask me for technical terms. I don't know them! It also might just be a case of you getting used to it. The whole "falling out" thing might be something to get used to, or it might really be an issue.

 

Remember, customs are made to suit you all whilst being comfortable at the same time. As long as you are not being unreasonable in your demands, I personally feel that companies should be doing their best to help you. Granted it may not be financially viable if it keeps happening, but sometimes it is just about adjusting things even if just a little bit.  

post #966 of 2885
I ordered from Stephen Guo at custom-iem.com and was asked to send my impressions directly to the lab, and the lab then sent the CIEMs directly to me. I think that's a good way of doing the logistics.
post #967 of 2885

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll be in it for a refit. It is quite distracting. I'm listening to music and at the same time can feel the "inside" move around which diverts my attention. Already got the impressions ready. However, my main fear is that my discomfort stems from the nature of my ear canal. Just as another head-fier said, the audiologist had no idea what my problem was. All she could do was provide free impressions again and give me words of encouragement. I don't know if maybe my canals change shape more easily on the left side. I guess I'll take the chance. After I've made it this far, it'd be sad to just waste the $1k I laid down in total for something "less than perfect." I'm just hoping it's not my ear canals that is the problem and that it's just a mistake on the impressions/manufacturing process.

post #968 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll be in it for a refit. It is quite distracting. I'm listening to music and at the same time can feel the "inside" move around which diverts my attention. Already got the impressions ready. However, my main fear is that my discomfort stems from the nature of my ear canal. Just as another head-fier said, the audiologist had no idea what my problem was. All she could do was provide free impressions again and give me words of encouragement. I don't know if maybe my canals change shape more easily on the left side. I guess I'll take the chance. After I've made it this far, it'd be sad to just waste the $1k I laid down in total for something "less than perfect." I'm just hoping it's not my ear canals that is the problem and that it's just a mistake on the impressions/manufacturing process.

That is my concern exactly. I think the original impressions were ok, but I may have talked and/or looked down during right side. I hope so because otherwise the problem's me!

Interestingly, the second audiologist recommended the middle thickness on the bite block. She explained that the full jaw extension is only really good for singers etc. who will have their mouth wide open while using customs. For listening only, the middle position (about 2-3cm) apparently provides a better all-around impression. I hope she's right!
post #969 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll be in it for a refit. It is quite distracting. I'm listening to music and at the same time can feel the "inside" move around which diverts my attention. Already got the impressions ready. However, my main fear is that my discomfort stems from the nature of my ear canal. Just as another head-fier said, the audiologist had no idea what my problem was. All she could do was provide free impressions again and give me words of encouragement. I don't know if maybe my canals change shape more easily on the left side. I guess I'll take the chance. After I've made it this far, it'd be sad to just waste the $1k I laid down in total for something "less than perfect." I'm just hoping it's not my ear canals that is the problem and that it's just a mistake on the impressions/manufacturing process.

i really hope you get something near a perfect fit ^^ 

post #970 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post


That is my concern exactly. I think the original impressions were ok, but I may have talked and/or looked down during right side. I hope so because otherwise the problem's me!

Interestingly, the second audiologist recommended the middle thickness on the bite block. She explained that the full jaw extension is only really good for singers etc. who will have their mouth wide open while using customs. For listening only, the middle position (about 2-3cm) apparently provides a better all-around impression. I hope she's right!

mine was 1 cm wide :( and i did talk a little bet when the doctor needed my name ><; hope this wont make me need a refit later O-o else i will buy another one just to avoid leaving it for 6 weeks!!

post #971 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post

mine was 1 cm wide :( and i did talk a little bet when the doctor needed my name ><; hope this wont make me need a refit later O-o else i will buy another one just to avoid leaving it for 6 weeks!!

As i said, any movement of jaws should be banned. So is your head.

I have already experienced three times.

Every single time, the truth was told, DON'T MOVE!

However, i am not sure if your talk will affect how well or how badly your finished CIEM. 

Just hopefully that won't bring a "destructive" effect on your CIEM.

post #972 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll be in it for a refit. It is quite distracting. I'm listening to music and at the same time can feel the "inside" move around which diverts my attention. Already got the impressions ready. However, my main fear is that my discomfort stems from the nature of my ear canal. Just as another head-fier said, the audiologist had no idea what my problem was. All she could do was provide free impressions again and give me words of encouragement. I don't know if maybe my canals change shape more easily on the left side. I guess I'll take the chance. After I've made it this far, it'd be sad to just waste the $1k I laid down in total for something "less than perfect." I'm just hoping it's not my ear canals that is the problem and that it's just a mistake on the impressions/manufacturing process.

Alternatively have the remold done but with an ever so shorter canal bit on the left side.
post #973 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

As i said, any movement of jaws should be banned. So is your head.

I have already experienced three times.

Every single time, the truth was told, DON'T MOVE!

However, i am not sure if your talk will affect how well or how badly your finished CIEM. 

Just hopefully that won't bring a "destructive" effect on your CIEM.

Good thing I kept my head as still as possible. Jaw of course biting the bite block. Couldn't talk even if I wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post


Alternatively have the remold done but with an ever so shorter canal bit on the left side.

I was going to ask to have the canal not "shaved" off as much. How would a shorter canal help?

post #974 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Good thing I kept my head as still as possible. Jaw of course biting the bite block. Couldn't talk even if I wanted to.
I was going to ask to have the canal not "shaved" off as much. How would a shorter canal help?

The audiologist should do it as per normal but at remolding shorter because it may be the tip that is moving around in your ear. If you make it longer, it might rub against and annoy you more. Assuming I understand you correctly
post #975 of 2885

Several pages back (after last plane trip) I mentioned that I thought adjusting the memory wire around my ear to change the fit, might have helped. I only did this for a short period of time at the very last of wearing the Miracles so cannot say yay or nay right now. I just replaced the cable with a Whiplash Twag v2 + GOLD and will be adjusting to fit when I put them in later tonight.

 

I know its not the fact they are Customs as the left side is so very comfortable and actually the right is too, its just the right  seal breaking which is the issue for me. 

 

Finger's are crossed that adjusting the pressure of the shell via memory wire (and new cable weight) is the answer to the right side breaking the seal.

 

  popcorn.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread