- 3,871 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 62
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
While I don't discredit his findings, I can say that the demo's really sound different from the actual customs. Demo's will only give you an idea of how it'll sound but will never be a true actual representation of how they sound. With that said, I feel that the differences between the Merlin and Miracle are pretty straight forward. The Merlin has more sub-bass, mid bass, less mids, similar upper mids, and more sparkly highs. Everyone hears things a bit differently but my frequency charts clearly state what I'm talking about it.
I guess the biggest difference between the two is how the music is presented to you. The Miracle feels pretty balanced and the vocals shine through while the Merlin has a similar feel but the bass seems to take more of the forefront of the sound signature. Although the Merlin has more bass impact, the Miracle isn't exactly a slouch in the bass department either. It has a nice sub bass presence that I never heard in any universal iem. It's important to distinguish between mid bass and sub bass though because the Miracle doesn't have much mid bass. It has a surprising amount of power but it wouldn't really suit the taste of a basshead at all. The Miracle has an awesome sound signature and at times I feel like it's the perfect amount of bass. However when I listen to bass heavy genre's, some times I just want to enjoy the hell out of it which is where the Merlin comes in.
With the Merlin, the bass is what strikes your attention first. It goes as deep as the Miracle but is presented with more authority in both sub and mid bass. It's a bass heavy iem but yet doesn't do it at the expense of everything else. You still get great mids and a more sparkly treble. It's really all preference and what you listen to but I feel it's easier to get lost in the music with the Merlin. Does that mean I feel that the Merlin are better than the Miracle? yes in terms of musical enjoyment but no in terms of technical ability.
It's kind of a stupid analogy but think of two brothers who study martial arts. One is older and has been practicing for longer, he possesses a fine balance of strength and technique (Miracle) and other brother is younger, hasn't been practicing as long, has a good grasp of technique, but focuses more on pure strength (Merlin). The two have the same master so they are similar in nature but yet go about their martial art in different ways.
I really hope that helps as this post isn't too long but I think it literally took me like an hour to write lol. Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll try my best to answer them.
Your "tiny" review is really helpful! :)
No problem bro.
Ouch! I had that happen to me too when I first got my Miracles. I believe they revamped the way the pins are done so it's a lot less likely to happen after they fix it. When I look at my fixed Miracles, it's almost like the pins have a little chamber so they can't be pushed back.
Edited by Poetik - 3/1/13 at 9:31am
Because later in 2012 UM changed the socket types so no one face such a problem or face it faster than expected.
when did you get them?
Do you happen to know which month in 2012?
UM Miracle's ordered this afternoon with The Headphone Company, Paul was great and took two sets of impressions to make sure they were spot on.
Great professional service and very highly recommended. Now the countdown to delivery starts.....
Yea, it's good they did that because the previous design wasn't gonna cut it. Hmm let's see, I probably sent them back around may 2012 and got them back around july 2012. Insurance + chinese customs = a mess.
Received mine in mid Sept 2012 :)
You're lucky being able to go there, i had my impressions done at specsaves and was ripped off for £78 and were totally useless the first time, so had my 2nd set done yesterday, hopefully they'll be good enough this time, if not i'll cut my losses and cancel the order.
wow, that sucks. Any chance of a refund given they weren't "fit for purpose"?
My advice would be to speak to Paul to make sure you personally understand whats needed, his reiterated his instructions are clear but many audioligists dont understand they need a full mould including the bits in the outer flappy (my word not his!) of the ear. Then head to either a local EN&T department or a hearing specialists like Audiofon who do loads of custom hearing aids, so long as they get the outside bit right you should be golden. Sadly unless you can sort this all custom IEMs are going to be a impossibility. :(
My Miracles are fitted deep enough. Not to the extent of getting uncomfortable or touching the end of your ears. It is just right.
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Looking for recommendations on a pair of in-ear headphones 8 seconds ago
- › Looking for recommendations on a pair of in-ear headphones 39 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 50 seconds ago
- › Havi B6 ! 2 minutes ago
- › Breaking-in headphones, the final verdict! 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added... 15 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)