- 4,093 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 62
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
While I don't discredit his findings, I can say that the demo's really sound different from the actual customs. Demo's will only give you an idea of how it'll sound but will never be a true actual representation of how they sound. With that said, I feel that the differences between the Merlin and Miracle are pretty straight forward. The Merlin has more sub-bass, mid bass, less mids, similar upper mids, and more sparkly highs. Everyone hears things a bit differently but my frequency charts clearly state what I'm talking about it.
I guess the biggest difference between the two is how the music is presented to you. The Miracle feels pretty balanced and the vocals shine through while the Merlin has a similar feel but the bass seems to take more of the forefront of the sound signature. Although the Merlin has more bass impact, the Miracle isn't exactly a slouch in the bass department either. It has a nice sub bass presence that I never heard in any universal iem. It's important to distinguish between mid bass and sub bass though because the Miracle doesn't have much mid bass. It has a surprising amount of power but it wouldn't really suit the taste of a basshead at all. The Miracle has an awesome sound signature and at times I feel like it's the perfect amount of bass. However when I listen to bass heavy genre's, some times I just want to enjoy the hell out of it which is where the Merlin comes in.
With the Merlin, the bass is what strikes your attention first. It goes as deep as the Miracle but is presented with more authority in both sub and mid bass. It's a bass heavy iem but yet doesn't do it at the expense of everything else. You still get great mids and a more sparkly treble. It's really all preference and what you listen to but I feel it's easier to get lost in the music with the Merlin. Does that mean I feel that the Merlin are better than the Miracle? yes in terms of musical enjoyment but no in terms of technical ability.
It's kind of a stupid analogy but think of two brothers who study martial arts. One is older and has been practicing for longer, he possesses a fine balance of strength and technique (Miracle) and other brother is younger, hasn't been practicing as long, has a good grasp of technique, but focuses more on pure strength (Merlin). The two have the same master so they are similar in nature but yet go about their martial art in different ways.
I really hope that helps as this post isn't too long but I think it literally took me like an hour to write lol. Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll try my best to answer them.
Your "tiny" review is really helpful! :)
No problem bro.
Ouch! I had that happen to me too when I first got my Miracles. I believe they revamped the way the pins are done so it's a lot less likely to happen after they fix it. When I look at my fixed Miracles, it's almost like the pins have a little chamber so they can't be pushed back.
Edited by Poetik - 3/1/13 at 9:31am
Because later in 2012 UM changed the socket types so no one face such a problem or face it faster than expected.
when did you get them?
Do you happen to know which month in 2012?
UM Miracle's ordered this afternoon with The Headphone Company, Paul was great and took two sets of impressions to make sure they were spot on.
Great professional service and very highly recommended. Now the countdown to delivery starts.....
Yea, it's good they did that because the previous design wasn't gonna cut it. Hmm let's see, I probably sent them back around may 2012 and got them back around july 2012. Insurance + chinese customs = a mess.
Received mine in mid Sept 2012 :)
You're lucky being able to go there, i had my impressions done at specsaves and was ripped off for £78 and were totally useless the first time, so had my 2nd set done yesterday, hopefully they'll be good enough this time, if not i'll cut my losses and cancel the order.
wow, that sucks. Any chance of a refund given they weren't "fit for purpose"?
My advice would be to speak to Paul to make sure you personally understand whats needed, his reiterated his instructions are clear but many audioligists dont understand they need a full mould including the bits in the outer flappy (my word not his!) of the ear. Then head to either a local EN&T department or a hearing specialists like Audiofon who do loads of custom hearing aids, so long as they get the outside bit right you should be golden. Sadly unless you can sort this all custom IEMs are going to be a impossibility. :(
My Miracles are fitted deep enough. Not to the extent of getting uncomfortable or touching the end of your ears. It is just right.
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 21 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 21 seconds ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 48 seconds ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Over-ear headphones for about $150 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2