- 4,019 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 62
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
While I don't discredit his findings, I can say that the demo's really sound different from the actual customs. Demo's will only give you an idea of how it'll sound but will never be a true actual representation of how they sound. With that said, I feel that the differences between the Merlin and Miracle are pretty straight forward. The Merlin has more sub-bass, mid bass, less mids, similar upper mids, and more sparkly highs. Everyone hears things a bit differently but my frequency charts clearly state what I'm talking about it.
I guess the biggest difference between the two is how the music is presented to you. The Miracle feels pretty balanced and the vocals shine through while the Merlin has a similar feel but the bass seems to take more of the forefront of the sound signature. Although the Merlin has more bass impact, the Miracle isn't exactly a slouch in the bass department either. It has a nice sub bass presence that I never heard in any universal iem. It's important to distinguish between mid bass and sub bass though because the Miracle doesn't have much mid bass. It has a surprising amount of power but it wouldn't really suit the taste of a basshead at all. The Miracle has an awesome sound signature and at times I feel like it's the perfect amount of bass. However when I listen to bass heavy genre's, some times I just want to enjoy the hell out of it which is where the Merlin comes in.
With the Merlin, the bass is what strikes your attention first. It goes as deep as the Miracle but is presented with more authority in both sub and mid bass. It's a bass heavy iem but yet doesn't do it at the expense of everything else. You still get great mids and a more sparkly treble. It's really all preference and what you listen to but I feel it's easier to get lost in the music with the Merlin. Does that mean I feel that the Merlin are better than the Miracle? yes in terms of musical enjoyment but no in terms of technical ability.
It's kind of a stupid analogy but think of two brothers who study martial arts. One is older and has been practicing for longer, he possesses a fine balance of strength and technique (Miracle) and other brother is younger, hasn't been practicing as long, has a good grasp of technique, but focuses more on pure strength (Merlin). The two have the same master so they are similar in nature but yet go about their martial art in different ways.
I really hope that helps as this post isn't too long but I think it literally took me like an hour to write lol. Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll try my best to answer them.
Your "tiny" review is really helpful! :)
No problem bro.
Ouch! I had that happen to me too when I first got my Miracles. I believe they revamped the way the pins are done so it's a lot less likely to happen after they fix it. When I look at my fixed Miracles, it's almost like the pins have a little chamber so they can't be pushed back.
Edited by Poetik - 3/1/13 at 9:31am
Because later in 2012 UM changed the socket types so no one face such a problem or face it faster than expected.
when did you get them?
Do you happen to know which month in 2012?
UM Miracle's ordered this afternoon with The Headphone Company, Paul was great and took two sets of impressions to make sure they were spot on.
Great professional service and very highly recommended. Now the countdown to delivery starts.....
Yea, it's good they did that because the previous design wasn't gonna cut it. Hmm let's see, I probably sent them back around may 2012 and got them back around july 2012. Insurance + chinese customs = a mess.
Received mine in mid Sept 2012 :)
You're lucky being able to go there, i had my impressions done at specsaves and was ripped off for £78 and were totally useless the first time, so had my 2nd set done yesterday, hopefully they'll be good enough this time, if not i'll cut my losses and cancel the order.
wow, that sucks. Any chance of a refund given they weren't "fit for purpose"?
My advice would be to speak to Paul to make sure you personally understand whats needed, his reiterated his instructions are clear but many audioligists dont understand they need a full mould including the bits in the outer flappy (my word not his!) of the ear. Then head to either a local EN&T department or a hearing specialists like Audiofon who do loads of custom hearing aids, so long as they get the outside bit right you should be golden. Sadly unless you can sort this all custom IEMs are going to be a impossibility. :(
My Miracles are fitted deep enough. Not to the extent of getting uncomfortable or touching the end of your ears. It is just right.
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 33 seconds ago
- › Garage1217 Project Solstice 41 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2