Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 51

post #751 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepooters View Post

I'm joining the UM Miracle club soon gs1000.gif

 

Ordered a pair from theheadphonecompany.co.uk

 

Just waiting on a phone call from them now so they can tell me where my nearest audiologist is to get my impressions done, and to decide on what colours i want.

 

Cost £699

 

Don't know how much impressions are going to cost, anyone from the UK had impressions done and can give me a rough idea on price?

 

I'm looking forward to finally having a truly high-end listening experiance L3000.gif

Hey, I ordered a pair from theheadphonecompany.co.uk too, (about a month ago).  I got my impressions done at their office, appreciate it might not be in your area, but Paul knew what he was doing, i think the impressions cost £30 which is a good deal compared to some of the extortionate rates some people charge in the UK, don't spend more than £50.  Now just waiting for the courier to turn up!  Hopefully in the next 3 weeks as CNY has delayed the manufacturing of all UM Products.  

post #752 of 2879

I've been emailing Unique Melody UK over the past few days waiting for their website (and deals apparently) to go live with their grand opening. Had seen the headphone company selling them so glad to know they are a safe bet to go with if ordering directly to UM doesn't work out, or they take much longer sorting out their website!

post #753 of 2879

I also ordered from The headphone company (Merlins) - Paul was really good to talk to and he did the impressions at the same time as I ordered for £35 - I also got to demo a load of different CIEMs before I settled on the UM Merlin so if you can get to their offices its worth the visit!

 

It completely slipped my mind that it was CNY though so as far as I know my impressions are still sitting with the UM head office in Australia, still got ages to wait!

post #754 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAund View Post

I also ordered from The headphone company (Merlins) - Paul was really good to talk to and he did the impressions at the same time as I ordered for £35 - I also got to demo a load of different CIEMs before I settled on the UM Merlin so if you can get to their offices its worth the visit!

 

It completely slipped my mind that it was CNY though so as far as I know my impressions are still sitting with the UM head office in Australia, still got ages to wait!

 

I'm trying to forget that I've ordered mine, remember, anticipation is actually the most fun part.  We probably tried the same Merlin, the green one, I agree, Paul is a really nice guy, we kicked back and listened to all the CIEMS (Universal) for about an hour.  *back to the fridge to freeze myself, awake when the Miracles arrive. 

post #755 of 2879

Where abouts are they? My google-fu seems weak and I'm getting something for North London, but not entirely sure I'm looking at the correct place. I've also always wondered about demo'ing CIEM's, surely there is fit issues which would make the demo pretty much meaningless?

post #756 of 2879

There's a pretty good review around here somewhere that was done on a demo set.

post #757 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2413 View Post

Hey, I ordered a pair from theheadphonecompany.co.uk too, (about a month ago).  I got my impressions done at their office, appreciate it might not be in your area, but Paul knew what he was doing, i think the impressions cost £30 which is a good deal compared to some of the extortionate rates some people charge in the UK, don't spend more than £50.  Now just waiting for the courier to turn up!  Hopefully in the next 3 weeks as CNY has delayed the manufacturing of all UM Products.  

They suggested i go to specsavers, said a lot of people get them done there, i phoned up my local branch and they said to pop in or phone up next wednesday when the hearing guy is there, so no guarantee i'll get my impressions done even then, will probably need an appointment.

 

I don't like all this waiting around, why can't audiologists be easy to find? confused_face(1).gif

post #758 of 2879

They're not far from Stansted Airport.

 

Paul has a selection of universal customs (if that makes sense) - basically they are the same component parts as the real CIEM you would receive but instead of being shaped to your ear, they are universal and you just stick on some tips. He explained to me that you get about 80% of what the real CIEM would sound like but its a fair indicator of the types of sound. I tried all the 1964 ears, and a couple of different UM's before going over my budget and buying the Merlins. He told me they are waiting on some universals from JH Audios and some from ACS too.

post #759 of 2879

Hmm about an hour from work round the M25... Certainly something to think about, thanks.

post #760 of 2879

Its a place called St Margarets Hertfordshire, which you can get to from Liverpool Street station in 45 mins.  Its a really small village, and the office is in a retail park. Definitely worth a visit if you can. 

post #761 of 2879

Managed to get an appointment at Specsavers, £39 per ear, expensive but still cheaper than Boots, they wanted £100 eek.gif

 

So looks like these will be costing close to £800 by the time i get them.

post #762 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepooters View Post

Managed to get an appointment at Specsavers, £39 per ear, expensive but still cheaper than Boots, they wanted £100 eek.gif


So looks like these will be costing close to £800 by the time i get them.

You mean per impression????? That is crazy expensive........got mine for 17 euro.......for both ears!!!!
post #763 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepooters View Post

Managed to get an appointment at Specsavers, £39 per ear, expensive but still cheaper than Boots, they wanted £100 eek.gif

 

So looks like these will be costing close to £800 by the time i get them.

Yeah that's crazy, although if that's all you can get...... Make sure they do a closed mouth impression, unless you're going to be using these on stage (vocalist), will be worth it in the end....

post #764 of 2879
Oh my god British invasion of the thread ! smily_headphones1.gif
post #765 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepooters View Post

Managed to get an appointment at Specsavers, £39 per ear, expensive but still cheaper than Boots, they wanted £100 eek.gif

 

So looks like these will be costing close to £800 by the time i get them.


I got mine for £25 at my local Nuffield hospital. That's for both ears and one open mouth and one closed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread