Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 30

post #436 of 2879

It's official - they need to go back frown.gif

 

Not a knock on UM and their amazing product - just one of those things, but I'll really miss my regular trips to audio heaven while they're gone...

 

Also thinking about pimping my UMMs with some custom artwork while they're back in the UM workshop (if they can do it in retrospect). Any suggestions on some good artwork? I.e. types of artwork, sources where I can look for good artwork?

post #437 of 2879

I'm having mine done right now, and you can ask Stephen for pictures of the color palette and other ideas. But the most simple is to look at their facebook page or google images. I am doing translucent black, silver platinum faceplates with chinese characters printed in small in the corner of the faceplate.
 

post #438 of 2879
Sounds nice! Turns out, the artwork is embedded in the acrylic during production so adding later basically requires a full re-shell. I'll just be happy with my original subtle design.
post #439 of 2879

OMG

UM Sales team just told me it will take 4-6 weeks, after they receive my ear impression, to deliver my completed custom IEM. That's really a long time. I even doubt i will forget i have ordered it.

post #440 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

OMG

UM Sales team just told me it will take 4-6 weeks, after they receive my ear impression, to deliver my completed custom IEM. That's really a long time. I even doubt i will forget i have ordered it.

 

That's because of Chinese New Year's holiday.

post #441 of 2879

Yes, i know it, cuz i am a Chinese as well.

But i think i will avoid that period, make my impression next week and then use the slowest way to deliver my impression to them.

So when my impression reaches them, the Chinese New Year might just over. LOL 

What a nice strategy :)

post #442 of 2879

Is Miracle easy to drive? Anyone knows?

I only own AK100 and Ipod Classic. AK100 is fine, but Ipod Classic just can't provide flagships with enough power.

If Miracle isn't, i will not even think about buying it. It extracts my wallet!

post #443 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Is Miracle easy to drive? Anyone knows?

I only own AK100 and Ipod Classic. AK100 is fine, but Ipod Classic just can't provide flagships with enough power.

If Miracle isn't, i will not even think about buying it. It extracts my wallet!

Miracle is very sensitive so no problems with power. It sounds fine from an iPod (can't comment on AK100).

 

I find that I get the best possible sound by using a portable amp (Tralucent T1 in my case), but that's only to provide better control over the sound, not volume and the difference is slight. The Miracles seem to sound awesome out of any decent source.

post #444 of 2879

My impressions arrived at the lab on Dec 8, 2012 and yet I still don't have my Miracles, hopefully I receive it before the Chinese New Year.

post #445 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Is Miracle easy to drive? Anyone knows?
I only own AK100 and Ipod Classic. AK100 is fine, but Ipod Classic just can't provide flagships with enough power.
If Miracle isn't, i will not even think about buying it. It extracts my wallet!
Yes, very easy to drive. Note however, that since it is a 16 Ohm, 6BA driver IEM, the best result will require a HPO with a low output resistance. This being said, the output impedance of my portable player is quite high (32 Ohm) and I still get an extremely high SQ. It just gets even better when driven by an amp with very low output impedance. You may ask how much is "very low"? Less than 1 Ohm.
post #446 of 2879

OMG

Seems i have to get a RWAK100. 

Another two hundred dollars, lol

post #447 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Miracle is very sensitive so no problems with power. It sounds fine from an iPod (can't comment on AK100).

 

I find that I get the best possible sound by using a portable amp (Tralucent T1 in my case), but that's only to provide better control over the sound, not volume and the difference is slight. The Miracles seem to sound awesome out of any decent source.

Thanks man

That just sounds great to me because i don't have a very decent source.

Miracle might be the right one.

post #448 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Sounds nice! Turns out, the artwork is embedded in the acrylic during production so adding later basically requires a full re-shell. I'll just be happy with my original subtle design.

I know you have to be apart from your beauties for a little while. Let me give you something to look forward to.

 

Just spent 10 out of 11 hours listening on airplanes.

 

1) the isolation/fit was amazing = 99% isolation 99% of the time. Remember we talked about how certain ways in a airplane seat, when I would turn my head, the right side seal would break? Happened twice FWICW. This is a 'WOW' since I am not one to sit still for long.

 

2)  the SQ........wide sound-stage, clarity, range, lows, airiness, simply amazing. At home I am using LCD3s and I would put the Miracles in the same class with these particular characteristics. Not quite as good, but for IEMs and 1/2 the price, NOT 1/2 the good of the LCD3, much closer. 

 

My rig used  iPod 160 > Fostex HP-P1 > RSA Hornet > Miracles. Not matter what song and no matter how loud I was willing to go, could not turn the Hornet past the first mark on the pot.

post #449 of 2879

i am so excited, i read the whole thread, my impressions are on their way to China as we speak.......(Shure 530x8) i can't wait!

post #450 of 2879
I have the x6 and they are already awesome. You will get the same with better trebble extension apparently.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread