Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 24

post #346 of 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorcc View Post

 

 

I tried with different recordings that I know quite well so I think the recording is not the issue.
 
Here with me I only have the Audio technica ATH-A1000X and the ATH sounds a tone brighter but they are bright headphones anyway.
 
It is a shame that I sold my TF10s as I had similar feelings and I could use them to compare with the Miracles. I found the TF10s too dark to my taste, then I replace the cable with one from Chris_Himself and "suddenly" they became more transparent to me.


You might want to ask the person who have sold you the TWag, might be some issues on the cable I suppose.

post #347 of 2920

Mailed out my ear impressions and second-hand Miracles to the UM Lab for reshelling yesterday morning! normal_smile%20.gif

 

The ordering and customization process was a breeze thanks to Stephen Guo of custom-iem.com, who always responded to my numerous questions and concerns promptly and professionally. Not only that, but Stephen graciously worked with UM to accommodate my request to have my Miracles delivered only after I come back from winter vacation. And to top it all off, Stephen has informed me that UM ships all reshelled Miracles in the newest packaging they have! biggrin.gif

post #348 of 2920
Forgot to mention that FedEx has no service in Norway and just let the Norwegian Post (standard service) take it from Oslo to wherever in the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theque View Post

Wow.

I hope it does not take that long...
post #349 of 2920
I have the HM-801 and plan using it as my primary source for the Miracle. My point was just to say, that my initial impression is that it isn't as transparent as the two high end headphones. This impresssion may change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post


why don't you just get yourself a DAP which makes it alot easier for transportation. I do see alot of people carrying their highend portable amp and DAC around though. Of course, i won't use my Miracle with such low quality source like smarphones or mp3 players of some sort.
I believe high end DAP can drive CIEM well and bring their true potential. DX100 can drive fullsize cans well but i doubt it would be that good compared to CIEM.
post #350 of 2920
Thanks maguire. I am certainly not disappointed with it. If it is on the level of HE-6 and LCD-2 in terms of transparency, then it really deserves it's name: the Miracle !
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

Lars, give the Miracle a bit of time to settle......Burn in is a must.....When you have Then feed it with a good source which is critical to such a high quality CIEM as the Miracle, then play it through an quality amp....You will be blown away mate.   They scale up so well.
Congratulations on a very nice looking set by the way.
post #351 of 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

Thanks maguire. I am certainly not disappointed with it. If it is on the level of HE-6 and LCD-2 in terms of transparency, then it really deserves it's name: the Miracle !

 

I have both those headphones and the Miracle.  Straight from my ipod, or clip, the Miracle can't hold a candle to either full size phone, but run it through an amp and DAC...well let's just say I need to loose some gear but I honestly can't say which is better so I remain a hoarder.  I typically go a couple weeks swearing the Miracle justifies selling the rest...and then I go a couple weeks listening to the LCD-2 religiously....then the HE-6....rinse, cycle, repeat.

post #352 of 2920

I just received a nice 22 AWG silver plated copper cable for my Miracles

 

 

 

700

 

 

700

 

Can't wait to install them. I am going to A/B with a lossless song, one that I know well. Listen to it many time with the stock and then with these to see if I can hear any diff. I will play it on the same equipment of course.

post #353 of 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

I just received a nice 22 AWG silver plated copper cable for my Miracles

 

 

 

700

 

 

700

 

Can't wait to install them. I am going to A/B with a lossless song, one that I know well. Listen to it many time with the stock and then with these to see if I can hear any diff. I will play it on the same equipment of course.

Is that the new DHC Symboite SE silver cable? I am still waiting on the one I ordered for my fiance's SE535LTD-J IEM's. I am still very hesitant to believe that there will be any audiable difference between the stock and the DHC cables. However, the craftsmanship and QA that goes into each cable make them more like designer cables more than anything else. I figure there is no sound difference between stock and aftermarket cables, but there is no carrying capacity difference in her Coach purse and one from Walmart... I still had to buy the Coach purse...

post #354 of 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

I just received a nice 22 AWG silver plated copper cable for my Miracles

 

 

 

700

 

 

700

 

Can't wait to install them. I am going to A/B with a lossless song, one that I know well. Listen to it many time with the stock and then with these to see if I can hear any diff. I will play it on the same equipment of course.

Can't wait to hear your impressions with the new cable!!

post #355 of 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

I just received a nice 22 AWG silver plated copper cable for my Miracles

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

 

Can't wait to install them. I am going to A/B with a lossless song, one that I know well. Listen to it many time with the stock and then with these to see if I can hear any diff. I will play it on the same equipment of course.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theque View Post

Is that the new DHC Symboite SE silver cable? I am still waiting on the one I ordered for my fiance's SE535LTD-J IEM's. I am still very hesitant to believe that there will be any audiable difference between the stock and the DHC cables. However, the craftsmanship and QA that goes into each cable make them more like designer cables more than anything else. I figure there is no sound difference between stock and aftermarket cables, but there is no carrying capacity difference in her Coach purse and one from Walmart... I still had to buy the Coach purse...

 

I actually think just like you about cables. And if there is a sonic difference I'm not sure that I will hear it. These cables were lovingly made by a bro from down under as a present for me. He does believe and backs it up with logic that cables do make s difference to SQ.

 

Consider yourself lucky, I wish I could get away with Coach.......she is on a Louis Vuitton kick for the last few months eek.gif

post #356 of 2920

I have found for  my ears,  it was quite clear that different cables changed how  the Miracle sounded. 

post #357 of 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 

 

I actually think just like you about cables. And if there is a sonic difference I'm not sure that I will hear it. These cables were lovingly made by a bro from down under as a present for me. He does believe and backs it up with logic that cables do make s difference to SQ.

 

Consider yourself lucky, I wish I could get away with Coach.......she is on a Louis Vuitton kick for the last few months eek.gif

No kidding, I thought a $300 - $500 was bad. Louis Vuitton starts at $1000 for anything nice. I like to say things like "I draw the line at XXXXXX...."; but in reality it just doesn't matter enough for me to really put up a fuss over. I consider myself lucky though, not many women would put up with the amount of money I spend on electronics in general each month. Upgradeitis is my middle name...

post #358 of 2920

Of course.....If anyone's ears  can not hear any difference in cables........

 

Then this is not a bad thing....On the Contrary...

 

Consider yourselves lucky as you will save $$$$$$$ 

 

No point spending the extra cash if you cant hear the splash...........

post #359 of 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post

I have both those headphones and the Miracle.  Straight from my ipod, or clip, the Miracle can't hold a candle to either full size phone, but run it through an amp and DAC...well let's just say I need to loose some gear but I honestly can't say which is better so I remain a hoarder.  I typically go a couple weeks swearing the Miracle justifies selling the rest...and then I go a couple weeks listening to the LCD-2 religiously....then the HE-6....rinse, cycle, repeat.

That's why I don't think it's a problem if the Miracle is less transparent than the full size high end cans. A (high end) portable source is not as transparent as high end DAC + amp home units. However, my comment about the Miracle's transparency is so far based on a short listening check where I tested the Miracle versus the LCD-2 and HE-6 fed from the Burson Soloist amp with my Audio-gd Ref 7.1 DAC as source. In other words: this test showed the Miracle to be slightly veiled compared to the high end cans when driven by big home high end gear - NOT from a (high quality) portable source. I should add also, that when I connect my HE-6 directly to my HM-801, the HE-6 clearly outresolves the HM-801. I don't have that experience with the Miracle.

 

Again - this is not to say that the Miracle isn't a super CIEM. It just isn't as transparent as the two big high end 'phones - and this is heard when using likewise big high end amps and DAC's. It should be like this - shouldn't it?

post #360 of 2920
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

I have found for  my ears,  it was quite clear that different cables changed how  the Miracle sounded. 

 

Very initial impression: Wider sound stage and more resolution. Not sure that I will be able to tell anymore than that. It was a bit difficult getting one side out of the socket therefore I'm hesitant about going back and forth to each set of cables. And besides it looks better than K-Mart's so I'm good. tongue.gif

 

 

700

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread