So insurance came through, now the decision between the Mentor and Roxanne begins...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 5/26/14 at 8:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 188
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Save yourself the trouble and go with the Mentor- you'll have it in about 6 weeks. People have been waiting 6 months for the Roxanne and they have no idea when it'll arrive - that is the definition of suck.
totally agreed :) no matter how good is sound...to wait for 4 months....it's really a turn off. but what i heard...the order delay only happen to CF model...
Wow, I definitely don't want to wait that long! Think I'll go with the Mentor although ideally I'ld like to read more reviews as I've seen very little commentary on how it performs, particularly compared to Roxanne.
As somebody mentioned, acrylic-shelled Roxannes don't take nearly as long as carbon fiber, but the roll-out of this product has been such a debacle, you really have to want them to jump on board that train imo - I wouldn't buy them unless I had auditioned the universal version and decided THIS IS THE ONE. I don't know of any comparisons between the two, but you could ask in both the Roxanne and Noble thread and maybe somebody will be able to give you an idea about how they match up. Beware the Noble thread, though: the pictures of their builds (especially Wizard builds) are mesmerizing and you may not be able to resist. They are ******* glorious.
Fwiw I asked the other day about times to the uk for universal mentor and it's about 3-4 weeks atm.
I just used double flanges and am very happy with the isolation. I would say 95% of the airplane noises were blocked out. Only time I heard anything was when there was talking over the intercom.
I wonder though am I giving up any sound? Is any part of the sound spectrum being muffled?
I believe so - the only difference should be cosmetic, if any.
Just noticed you're using Miracles with X5. Have you found the soundstage improves over time? I'm a little disappointed with the stage from the HPO, but using the line-out with E12DIY it's the best sound I've heard so far from a portable rig.
will check the Mentor thread for more info, yet in case you dont wana here is the difference: Miracle with new mid drivers that are way smoother + more upper mids, quite a lot tbh, and rumbling bass, bigger sound stage, make the Mircale sounds flat, for the treble i can't compare because i had a bad setup that made the treble warm, yet no worries its now sparkling and extended without getting harsh
So i guess if i love the miracle demo then i should save up and buy the mentor then
I think it'd be worth the wait - it is a step up from the Miracle.
I didn't notice any changes in the sound stage, but I only had the X5 for about a week as part of the SE Asian tour. For some reason, sound stage never seems to be at the top of my list of concerns with gear.
I don't know exactly what neutral sounds like, but I feel that it is extremely detailed, so much so that anything with poor mastering sounded a bit harsh. However, with a warmish set of cans, it sounds great.
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 36 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 38 seconds ago
- › Comfortable closed cans for less than $200 45 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 49 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 minute ago
- › V-Moda LP2 vs M-100?? 1 minute ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)