So insurance came through, now the decision between the Mentor and Roxanne begins...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 188
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Save yourself the trouble and go with the Mentor- you'll have it in about 6 weeks. People have been waiting 6 months for the Roxanne and they have no idea when it'll arrive - that is the definition of suck.
totally agreed :) no matter how good is sound...to wait for 4 months....it's really a turn off. but what i heard...the order delay only happen to CF model...
Wow, I definitely don't want to wait that long! Think I'll go with the Mentor although ideally I'ld like to read more reviews as I've seen very little commentary on how it performs, particularly compared to Roxanne.
As somebody mentioned, acrylic-shelled Roxannes don't take nearly as long as carbon fiber, but the roll-out of this product has been such a debacle, you really have to want them to jump on board that train imo - I wouldn't buy them unless I had auditioned the universal version and decided THIS IS THE ONE. I don't know of any comparisons between the two, but you could ask in both the Roxanne and Noble thread and maybe somebody will be able to give you an idea about how they match up. Beware the Noble thread, though: the pictures of their builds (especially Wizard builds) are mesmerizing and you may not be able to resist. They are ******* glorious.
Fwiw I asked the other day about times to the uk for universal mentor and it's about 3-4 weeks atm.
I just used double flanges and am very happy with the isolation. I would say 95% of the airplane noises were blocked out. Only time I heard anything was when there was talking over the intercom.
I wonder though am I giving up any sound? Is any part of the sound spectrum being muffled?
I believe so - the only difference should be cosmetic, if any.
Just noticed you're using Miracles with X5. Have you found the soundstage improves over time? I'm a little disappointed with the stage from the HPO, but using the line-out with E12DIY it's the best sound I've heard so far from a portable rig.
will check the Mentor thread for more info, yet in case you dont wana here is the difference: Miracle with new mid drivers that are way smoother + more upper mids, quite a lot tbh, and rumbling bass, bigger sound stage, make the Mircale sounds flat, for the treble i can't compare because i had a bad setup that made the treble warm, yet no worries its now sparkling and extended without getting harsh
So i guess if i love the miracle demo then i should save up and buy the mentor then
I think it'd be worth the wait - it is a step up from the Miracle.
I didn't notice any changes in the sound stage, but I only had the X5 for about a week as part of the SE Asian tour. For some reason, sound stage never seems to be at the top of my list of concerns with gear.
I don't know exactly what neutral sounds like, but I feel that it is extremely detailed, so much so that anything with poor mastering sounded a bit harsh. However, with a warmish set of cans, it sounds great.
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 50 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 56 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Post CanJam cynicism. 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Grado SR225e with Earzonk G-Cush and stock pads 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro - inc shipping to CA 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2