So insurance came through, now the decision between the Mentor and Roxanne begins...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 188
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Save yourself the trouble and go with the Mentor- you'll have it in about 6 weeks. People have been waiting 6 months for the Roxanne and they have no idea when it'll arrive - that is the definition of suck.
totally agreed :) no matter how good is sound...to wait for 4 months....it's really a turn off. but what i heard...the order delay only happen to CF model...
Wow, I definitely don't want to wait that long! Think I'll go with the Mentor although ideally I'ld like to read more reviews as I've seen very little commentary on how it performs, particularly compared to Roxanne.
As somebody mentioned, acrylic-shelled Roxannes don't take nearly as long as carbon fiber, but the roll-out of this product has been such a debacle, you really have to want them to jump on board that train imo - I wouldn't buy them unless I had auditioned the universal version and decided THIS IS THE ONE. I don't know of any comparisons between the two, but you could ask in both the Roxanne and Noble thread and maybe somebody will be able to give you an idea about how they match up. Beware the Noble thread, though: the pictures of their builds (especially Wizard builds) are mesmerizing and you may not be able to resist. They are ******* glorious.
Fwiw I asked the other day about times to the uk for universal mentor and it's about 3-4 weeks atm.
I just used double flanges and am very happy with the isolation. I would say 95% of the airplane noises were blocked out. Only time I heard anything was when there was talking over the intercom.
I wonder though am I giving up any sound? Is any part of the sound spectrum being muffled?
I believe so - the only difference should be cosmetic, if any.
Just noticed you're using Miracles with X5. Have you found the soundstage improves over time? I'm a little disappointed with the stage from the HPO, but using the line-out with E12DIY it's the best sound I've heard so far from a portable rig.
will check the Mentor thread for more info, yet in case you dont wana here is the difference: Miracle with new mid drivers that are way smoother + more upper mids, quite a lot tbh, and rumbling bass, bigger sound stage, make the Mircale sounds flat, for the treble i can't compare because i had a bad setup that made the treble warm, yet no worries its now sparkling and extended without getting harsh
So i guess if i love the miracle demo then i should save up and buy the mentor then
I think it'd be worth the wait - it is a step up from the Miracle.
I didn't notice any changes in the sound stage, but I only had the X5 for about a week as part of the SE Asian tour. For some reason, sound stage never seems to be at the top of my list of concerns with gear.
I don't know exactly what neutral sounds like, but I feel that it is extremely detailed, so much so that anything with poor mastering sounded a bit harsh. However, with a warmish set of cans, it sounds great.
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Does scratches on a CD effect sound quality besides skipping? 1 second ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Amazing Audioengine D3 ... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR1R Premium Over-the-Head Style Headphones (Black) MDR-1R 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2