So insurance came through, now the decision between the Mentor and Roxanne begins...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 5/26/14 at 8:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 188
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Save yourself the trouble and go with the Mentor- you'll have it in about 6 weeks. People have been waiting 6 months for the Roxanne and they have no idea when it'll arrive - that is the definition of suck.
totally agreed :) no matter how good is sound...to wait for 4 months....it's really a turn off. but what i heard...the order delay only happen to CF model...
Wow, I definitely don't want to wait that long! Think I'll go with the Mentor although ideally I'ld like to read more reviews as I've seen very little commentary on how it performs, particularly compared to Roxanne.
As somebody mentioned, acrylic-shelled Roxannes don't take nearly as long as carbon fiber, but the roll-out of this product has been such a debacle, you really have to want them to jump on board that train imo - I wouldn't buy them unless I had auditioned the universal version and decided THIS IS THE ONE. I don't know of any comparisons between the two, but you could ask in both the Roxanne and Noble thread and maybe somebody will be able to give you an idea about how they match up. Beware the Noble thread, though: the pictures of their builds (especially Wizard builds) are mesmerizing and you may not be able to resist. They are ******* glorious.
Fwiw I asked the other day about times to the uk for universal mentor and it's about 3-4 weeks atm.
I just used double flanges and am very happy with the isolation. I would say 95% of the airplane noises were blocked out. Only time I heard anything was when there was talking over the intercom.
I wonder though am I giving up any sound? Is any part of the sound spectrum being muffled?
I believe so - the only difference should be cosmetic, if any.
Just noticed you're using Miracles with X5. Have you found the soundstage improves over time? I'm a little disappointed with the stage from the HPO, but using the line-out with E12DIY it's the best sound I've heard so far from a portable rig.
will check the Mentor thread for more info, yet in case you dont wana here is the difference: Miracle with new mid drivers that are way smoother + more upper mids, quite a lot tbh, and rumbling bass, bigger sound stage, make the Mircale sounds flat, for the treble i can't compare because i had a bad setup that made the treble warm, yet no worries its now sparkling and extended without getting harsh
So i guess if i love the miracle demo then i should save up and buy the mentor then
I think it'd be worth the wait - it is a step up from the Miracle.
I didn't notice any changes in the sound stage, but I only had the X5 for about a week as part of the SE Asian tour. For some reason, sound stage never seems to be at the top of my list of concerns with gear.
I don't know exactly what neutral sounds like, but I feel that it is extremely detailed, so much so that anything with poor mastering sounded a bit harsh. However, with a warmish set of cans, it sounds great.
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)