- 5,891 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Beijing, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 5/26/14 at 8:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 152
post #2266 of 2885
8/22/13 at 9:06am
The ak120 drives the Miracles very well. I have not tried 901 with Miracles, only with se5 and it was at least as good as ak120 sqwise. However ALL the rest is better on Ak120 (battery, size, UI, looks, etc.). So it I think both are safe bets, but depending on what you value most...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2267 of 2885
8/22/13 at 9:29am
Do consider the DX100 also. I haven't heard the AK120 or the HM901, but I forgo all portable amps with the Miracles and go straight to the DX100. They synergize well together. Just for your consideration.
post #2268 of 2885
8/22/13 at 9:31am
post #2269 of 2885
8/22/13 at 9:36am
Do you prefer your AK120 to the DX100 you had? Really, not in the market for anything portable anymore (except for JH13 maybe), but do wonder what's top of the heap now in the portable world.
post #2270 of 2885
8/22/13 at 9:39am
I had the dx100 quite a while ago so cannot give a reliable comparison. Prefer ak120 from memory. Overall I think the absolute best sq wise is 901...but they are not that far from each other at this level.
post #2271 of 2885
8/22/13 at 10:28am
post #2272 of 2885
8/22/13 at 12:10pm
Let's talk about the life of most custom made IEM. How long do you think the life of UM IEM can last? Some people said could be your whole life (not included the cable), is that true?
post #2273 of 2885
8/22/13 at 1:17pm
Stick it in an Otterbox or a Pelican case with some desiccant packs and the drivers would last for a good number of years.
They would need to be reshelled once every few years or so though, as your ears keep changing.
post #2274 of 2885
8/22/13 at 6:51pm
post #2275 of 2885
8/22/13 at 6:54pm
post #2276 of 2885
8/22/13 at 6:55pm
post #2277 of 2885
8/22/13 at 7:11pm
post #2278 of 2885
8/22/13 at 7:14pm
post #2279 of 2885
8/22/13 at 7:23pm
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2772 Active Users (595 Members and 2177 Guests)
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 52 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 56 seconds ago
- › Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Amarra - anyone using it? 4 minutes ago
- › Best Noise Canceling Headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › First Impressions: ALO Audio the "National" Portable Headphone Amp... 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)