Do you mean a high end DAP like DX100, AK100? I'm affraid you do! I was considering the Fiio X3 to start with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 142post #2116 of 31337/22/13 at 4:14am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2117 of 31337/22/13 at 4:16amThe bad thing getting top quality iems/ciems is that you now hear that while some recordings are wonderful, others are not so. In other words: with lesser 'phones you don't hear the difference between good and bad recordings (as much).
Agree with lin0003: get a high quality source (either DAP or DAC) and the Miracle will scale up.post #2118 of 31337/22/13 at 4:17amQuote:
Sorry for your wallet, but yes.post #2119 of 31337/22/13 at 4:19ampost #2120 of 31337/22/13 at 4:21amQuote:
I agree 100%. I tried the Fiio X3 and while it was good, it only brought out 80% of what the Miracles are capable of. The HDP-R10 is more 95%.post #2121 of 31337/22/13 at 4:25ampost #2122 of 31337/22/13 at 4:27amQuote:post #2123 of 31337/22/13 at 4:29amQuote:
I'd say even lower perhaps even 70% because the DAC on any unmodded ipod is just not comparable to the X3's one.post #2124 of 31337/22/13 at 7:29amI do believe the Miracles scale up well and they sound great with both dx100 and ak120. But honestly I do not think that this is his problem. If they sound nice with some tracks and crappy with others it is a matter of mastering too. The Miracles are very revealing and some albums will not sound great even with a 1k DAP. Some albums sounded like crappity crap with Miracles on the DX100.post #2125 of 31337/23/13 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I do believe the Miracles scale up well and they sound great with both dx100 and ak120. But honestly I do not think that this is his problem. If they sound nice with some tracks and crappy with others it is a matter of mastering too. The Miracles are very revealing and some albums will not sound great even with a 1k DAP. Some albums sounded like crappity crap with Miracles on the DX100.post #2126 of 31337/23/13 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Cachicamo
When you move up the scale of iems, your idea might of what sounds "good" might also change.post #2127 of 31337/23/13 at 12:34amQuote:post #2128 of 31337/23/13 at 12:37ampost #2129 of 31337/23/13 at 12:40amQuote:
If the recordings you acquire are well mastered and your gear is resolving enough to show those differences then yes. Most definitely.post #2130 of 31337/23/13 at 1:59amQuote:
Agree, but also depends on your playback device's ability to play 24-bit (iPods and the like can't)
In relation to the iPod. I have the iPod Classic and iPod Video (5.5G). Via a simple Fiio LOD into the Tralucent T1, the sound from the Miracles is good, but not great. The older iPod Video is noticeably better (i.e. Classic = 55%, Video = 60%) so I agree that a better source will do wonders.
If you don't want to go as far as the AK100s some of the HiSound offerings might be a good option (although probably not better than the X3). X3 and a portable DAC like the Matrix Mini Portable would have you singing for around $600 though!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 second ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Tired of my In-Ears breaking every year 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › CANT DECIDE BETWEEN 3 TOP UNDER $200 HEADPHONES. VMODA VS SONY VS... 10 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 13 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 16 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 17 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear