Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread - Page 132

post #1966 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

I think it's important to find out exactly what's wrong with the shape of the shell and write it to the lab. If the lab is just told the CIEM looses seal or that it hurts, they might change the size at the wrong place.
It should be fine really. It isn't too bad.
post #1967 of 2875

Received my miracles 2 weeks back, and have been breaking them in. At first, I was a bit underwhelmed. It feels slightly better than my Klipsch x10. The fit of the CIEM was also strange, as this is my first. Not that it was loose, but that it feels too tight.

 

As I got more used to it however, I started to appreciate the fit more. I really couldn't hear anything from the outside, not even if someone beside me hollering. The music started to come alive too. Now the days can't pass without me using my miracles, paired with a RWAK 100.

post #1968 of 2875

Oh, to new buyers out there, let me give a brief outline on delivery expectations.

 

I purchased my miracle with UM global (Australia) on the second week of April and elected to ship directly to UM lab in China the very same week. Took about a week from shipping to confirmed their acceptance of my impressions. I received my miracles on the first week of june. So you can expect about 5 weeks of waiting time from the day UM labs receive your impressions. This is why i elected to ship to China directly as shipping to Australia and waiting for them to wait for a new group of orders to ship to China sounds a little silly. It could also put an extra 1-2 weeks of waiting time before you are able to enjoy your new CIEM.


Edited by rvd89 - 6/18/13 at 10:03pm
post #1969 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

It should be fine really. It isn't too bad.

I had "minor" fit issues that sound exactly like yours. Sent them back for adjustment which improved, but didn't fix them. It took a fresh ear impression to solve it. I'd recommend that if you decide to return them. 2 eight week waits is painful!

Also there's no reason for it to break seal regularly. I agree with waiting to make a decision, but err towards a refit or you'll potentially never fully enjoy your Miracles.
post #1970 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

I had "minor" fit issues that sound exactly like yours. Sent them back for adjustment which improved, but didn't fix them. It took a fresh ear impression to solve it. I'd recommend that if you decide to return them. 2 eight week waits is painful!

Also there's no reason for it to break seal regularly. I agree with waiting to make a decision, but err towards a refit or you'll potentially never fully enjoy your Miracles.
Yeah, thanks. I'll take that into account.
post #1971 of 2875

Hey i'm receiving my Miracle next week and want to sort out my source. 

I have a Galaxy S3 and want to make use of the USB Audio by connecting a USB DAC/Amp. 

 

I'm considering between either a Apex Glacier or a Pico Amp/Dac but i'm not sure how they will sound with the Miracles. So i was wondering if anyone here has heard either of the above with the Miracle and could comment on how it sounded.

 

Thanks!

post #1972 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundtyw1 View Post

Hey i'm receiving my Miracle next week and want to sort out my source. 

I have a Galaxy S3 and want to make use of the USB Audio by connecting a USB DAC/Amp. 

 

I'm considering between either a Apex Glacier or a Pico Amp/Dac but i'm not sure how they will sound with the Miracles. So i was wondering if anyone here has heard either of the above with the Miracle and could comment on how it sounded.

 

Thanks!

The Glacier has a not so good DAC, but a great amp. I would recommend getting a separate player. 

post #1973 of 2875
Also have the AK100 or Hi Sound Studio 3rd Anniversary Player as part of my options.
post #1974 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundtyw1 View Post

Also have the AK100 or Hi Sound Studio 3rd Anniversary Player as part of my options.

The AK100 will be a bad match because of the 22 ohm impedance. I would recommend something like the DX100 or the HM901. 

post #1975 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundtyw1 View Post

Also have the AK100 or Hi Sound Studio 3rd Anniversary Player as part of my options.


Or you could get my AK100 mod now on sale :) works great with Miracles.

post #1976 of 2875

edmund I also suggest you talk with soullinker regarding the pairing.

post #1977 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Or you could get my AK100 mod now on sale :) works great with Miracles.

 

I can confirm that modified AK100s sound great with the Miracles. I can't remember or comment on which mod Mimouille has, but any of the mods going around resolve the output impedance issue and it's a great player!

post #1978 of 2875
Has anyone used the miracles with Fiio X3 yet? I'm thinking of getting a X3, because I can't yet afford a DX100 or AK100/120 and I was wondering if there were any experiences already. It will be used with a Meier 2stepdance by the way. Any suggestions? Thanks.
post #1979 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachicamo View Post

Has anyone used the miracles with Fiio X3 yet? I'm thinking of getting a X3, because I can't yet afford a DX100 or AK100/120 and I was wondering if there were any experiences already. It will be used with a Meier 2stepdance by the way. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Nope, the X3 hasn't been released internationally yet I think. 

post #1980 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundtyw1 View Post

Hey i'm receiving my Miracle next week and want to sort out my source. 
I have a Galaxy S3 and want to make use of the USB Audio by connecting a USB DAC/Amp. 

I'm considering between either a Apex Glacier or a Pico Amp/Dac but i'm not sure how they will sound with the Miracles. So i was wondering if anyone here has heard either of the above with the Miracle and could comment on how it sounded.

Thanks!


Hi
I'm currently using the miracles paired with a clas r and the glacier.
The sound is very detailed, not that impactful but with very well defined and precise lows. I'm talking about the amp section of the device here— can't talk about the dac.
The sound is more spacious with the clas. The apex is preserving the somehow "bright signature" of the solo — even if "bright" might be too strong a word to define it.
If you're seeking for more slam and a darker sound, I think you'd better go for a balanced amp — mkiii or sr71b.
Cheers.
Edited by John0405 - 6/19/13 at 6:06am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread