Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 64

post #946 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

 

I know from my order that they send multiple impressions together in one batch and they receive the finished IEMs in batches too. This would save a significant amount on shipping costs so it makes sense.

 

I'm surprised they don't track each shipment, but maybe they do and just don't know whose impressions are in each shipment. I think perhaps some of their systems are not as evolved as they could be as they are a relatively new company it seems.

I know they ship impressions in batches, and i can totally understand the convenience of group shipping.

However, what really doesn't make sense to me is they are not able to offer track #, or track info. So i can't even roughly count the days till i will receive my Miracles.

And because of this uncertain situation, i still could not arrange my schedule for the purpose, which i just mentioned.

Maybe just like what you said, they have no idea whose impressions in which batches.

Anyway, i guess they will arrive in a day or two.

I only hope my impressions didn't get lost. 

post #947 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

I know they ship impressions in batches, and i can totally understand the convenience of group shipping.

However, what really doesn't make sense to me is they are not able to offer track #, or track info. So i can't even roughly count the days till i will receive my Miracles.

And because of this uncertain situation, i still could not arrange my schedule for the purpose, which i just mentioned.

Maybe just like what you said, they have no idea whose impressions in which batches.

Anyway, i guess they will arrive in a day or two.

I only hope my impressions didn't get lost. 

Why didn't you guys ship to the Lab directly?

 

Sorry late to the party........


Edited by Saraguie - 3/6/13 at 1:00pm
post #948 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Why didn't you guys ship to the Lab directly?

 

Sorry late to the party........

Actually i didn't know i was able to contact UM Lab in the first place. What i did is google Unique Melody and found UM Aus, UM Global, and www.custom-iem.com. UM Aus just looks much professional and right to me. So I just ordered from it and even didn't think about which one shall be better.

But after ordering my Miracles on UM Aus, one of my friends told me i should order from UM Lab and directly sent impressions to it.

Now what done is done. Maybe i just need some patience to go through this hard time.

If my impressions get missed, i think recently i won't order again from UM. Maybe i will choose JH,or Westone instead. 

post #949 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Actually i didn't know i was able to contact UM Lab in the first place. What i did is google Unique Melody and found UM Aus, UM Global, and www.custom-iem.com. UM Aus just looks much professional and right to me. So I just ordered from it and even didn't think about which one shall be better.

But after ordering my Miracles on UM Aus, one of my friends told me i should order from UM Lab and directly sent impressions to it.

Now what done is done. Maybe i just need some patience to go through this hard time.

If my impressions get missed, i think recently i won't order again from UM. Maybe i will choose JH,or Westone instead. 

dude send new one using DHL wont take more than 4 days bro. Miracle is better than both JH and Westone. dont lose the hope. even i wasted nearly 13-15 days because of the 1st package (which was my mistake to use EMS)

post #950 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post

dude send new one using DHL wont take more than 4 days bro. Miracle is better than both JH and Westone. dont lose the hope. even i wasted nearly 13-15 days because of the 1st package (which was my mistake to use EMS)

Whatever, since i really have no idea where my impressions are, i won't make another one and send them blindly.

Probably my impressions are going to arrive at UM Lab tomorrow. Who knows? 

And another pair of impressions means extra fee for audiologists and for my host, who takes care of my riding. 

But i will remember your words if i am going to make another CIEM. 

post #951 of 2860
I have the advantage of being in China, but still, I think it is always better to deal straight with the lab. I sent them my impressions and I think I got my Miracles less than 2 weeks later as I was lucky to be the last one in the current batch. My impressions were made by a professional who knows what he is doing so I never had fit issues.
post #952 of 2860
Actually, i am a Chinese student living in U.S right now. So it's really ironic to order UM products from another country.
post #953 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Actually i didn't know i was able to contact UM Lab in the first place. What i did is google Unique Melody and found UM Aus, UM Global, and www.custom-iem.com. UM Aus just looks much professional and right to me. So I just ordered from it and even didn't think about which one shall be better.

But after ordering my Miracles on UM Aus, one of my friends told me i should order from UM Lab and directly sent impressions to it.

Now what done is done. Maybe i just need some patience to go through this hard time.

If my impressions get missed, i think recently i won't order again from UM. Maybe i will choose JH,or Westone instead. 

 

I know your frustrated but when you get them and listen, all the hassle will fade into a not so bad memory. They really are that good. I will know if I have to get the right ear shell re-done in the next few days as I will be using them on the airplane for 8 hours each way. If I have to send back to the Lab, please remind me of how much I like them!!!!!
post #954 of 2860

Thanks, man.

I know i complaint a lot. From making my impressions to delivering my impressions. It seems just not right at every single process of making a CIEM. 

However, i still know this period will be a very fun memory in my HiFi life.

Haha

post #955 of 2860

Although I don't have any UM stuff, I was wondering how you guys determine if you're going for a refit. My left side "seems" to be a little loose in the canal portion. I can feel it tickling against my ear canals inside. However, I don't lose any seal or anything like that. It always feels like it's going to fall out, but it is pretty secure inside. It's also easier to break the seal making weird facial expressions on the left earpiece. My right earpiece always maintains a good and comfortable seal.

post #956 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Although I don't have any UM stuff, I was wondering how you guys determine if you're going for a refit. My left side "seems" to be a little loose in the canal portion. I can feel it tickling against my ear canals inside. However, I don't lose any seal or anything like that. It always feels like it's going to fall out, but it is pretty secure inside. It's also easier to break the seal making weird facial expressions on the left earpiece. My right earpiece always maintains a good and comfortable seal.

Ask Saraguie. He used to analyze a lot about unseal and seal issues.

Another advice for you: you really should go to email the company that made your CIEM. 

If their attitude is too reserved, then you should come here.


Edited by Alias Gu - 3/6/13 at 8:06pm
post #957 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Although I don't have any UM stuff, I was wondering how you guys determine if you're going for a refit. My left side "seems" to be a little loose in the canal portion. I can feel it tickling against my ear canals inside. However, I don't lose any seal or anything like that. It always feels like it's going to fall out, but it is pretty secure inside. It's also easier to break the seal making weird facial expressions on the left earpiece. My right earpiece always maintains a good and comfortable seal.

My left side stays under every position I've had my head in. My right side, like your left in certain positions, just leaning my head against the headrest and looking up breaks the seal.

Look at musicians who are jumping, constantly in motion who wear IEMs. I do not think their seal breaks as easy?

 

Great question and please, you HFers who can give us definite criteria, please do.  IMO it be the same measurements for a redo regardless of brand.


Edited by Saraguie - 3/6/13 at 8:34pm
post #958 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

My left side stays under every position I've had my head in. My right side, like your left in certain positions, just leaning my head against the headrest and looking up breaks the seal.

Look at musicians who are jumping, constantly in motion who wear IEMs. I do not think their seal breaks as easy?

 

Great question and please, you HFers who can give us definite criteria, please do.  IMO it be the same measurements for a redo regardless of brand.

Actually I saw a lot of musicians in Lives always putting their CIEMs back into a right position. 

And from my experience of making impressions, even a minimum movement will make some significant differences on your impressions.

First time, i talked during the audiologist made the impression. Later i turned out the impressions weren't qualified, and they looked very weird.

Second time, i neither moved nor talked. The impressions just seemed normal, but because they aren't deep enough, and then i took the third time.

Third time,   i neither moved nor talked; depth was just right; everything got perfect. However, there were still some differences between my second impressions and the third ones, even though i was still.


Edited by Alias Gu - 3/6/13 at 8:48pm
post #959 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Ask Saraguie. He used to analyze a lot about unseal and seal issues.

Another advice for you: you really should go to email the company that made your CIEM. 

If their attitude is too reserved, then you should come here.

They generally don't really know. They tell me to go to an audiologist to find out what the problem. They are happy (as happy as a person doing extra work is) to do another reshell if they have to. I guess I'll wait till next week for my appointment to know for sure what's going on. 

post #960 of 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

They generally don't really know. They tell me to go to an audiologist to find out what the problem. They are happy (as happy as a person doing extra work is) to do another reshell if they have to. I guess I'll wait till next week for my appointment to know for sure what's going on. 

I really don't think those people will be happy since they won't charge you again for refit. So your refit might just gives them much more extra work.

If you have to pay for refit, that's a different story.

I really have no idea how an audiologist can help you find out the problems. Most of them do not know what they are doing. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread