Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 25

post #361 of 2812

Not ideal to always keep swapping over cables, also do not force or push the pins into connectors of the Miracle. 

post #362 of 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

Not ideal to always keep swapping over cables, also do not force or push the pins into connectors of the Miracle. 

 

Precisely why I won't. I'll have to rely on you and a gaggle of others who 'know' there is a diff, mostly a positive one not to mention the looks!

post #363 of 2812

Still waiting for 40 more days before my Miracles arrive. I hope there are no delays this season.

post #364 of 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 

Very initial impression: Wider sound stage and more resolution. Not sure that I will be able to tell anymore than that. It was a bit difficult getting one side out of the socket therefore I'm hesitant about going back and forth to each set of cables. And besides it looks better than K-Mart's so I'm good. tongue.gif

 

 

700

That's about all I ever expect from a change of cable materials. The silver (plating or solid) tends to add more resolution and a touch more air (and therefore stage size) than straight copper, but that's about it. No ground-breaking shifts in signature or individual frequency responses.

post #365 of 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

That's why I don't think it's a problem if the Miracle is less transparent than the full size high end cans. A (high end) portable source is not as transparent as high end DAC + amp home units. However, my comment about the Miracle's transparency is so far based on a short listening check where I tested the Miracle versus the LCD-2 and HE-6 fed from the Burson Soloist amp with my Audio-gd Ref 7.1 DAC as source. In other words: this test showed the Miracle to be slightly veiled compared to the high end cans when driven by big home high end gear - NOT from a (high quality) portable source. I should add also, that when I connect my HE-6 directly to my HM-801, the HE-6 clearly outresolves the HM-801. I don't have that experience with the Miracle.

 

Again - this is not to say that the Miracle isn't a super CIEM. It just isn't as transparent as the two big high end 'phones - and this is heard when using likewise big high end amps and DAC's. It should be like this - shouldn't it?

Reading the debate above, I guess Miracle won't do even a good job if not being driven by a high end amp/dac.If you can't just use Miracle portable, there is no points in getting it So back to the DAP, if anyone here has tried Miracle with dx100 or Studio V ANV ver. pls let me know your opinions since i don't want to stick around at home. A high end portable + an portable amp will make it more expensive and more bulky....nobody really wants to hold a bunch of them out on the street either........

A cable upgrade is always a final piece of the puzzle, a source is what is more important after the phone itself..

post #366 of 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post

Reading the debate above, I guess Miracle won't do even a good job if not being driven by a high end amp/dac.If you can't just use Miracle portable, there is no points in getting it So back to the DAP, if anyone here has tried Miracle with dx100 or Studio V ANV ver. pls let me know your opinions since i don't want to stick around at home. A high end portable + an portable amp will make it more expensive and more bulky....nobody really wants to hold a bunch of them out on the street either........
A cable upgrade is always a final piece of the puzzle, a source is what is more important after the phone itself..
The Miracle sounds just fine with me driven by my Sony Walkman Z, not much different from my desktop setup. Don't listen to others, listen to your ears. A lot of people are experiencing placebo effect and they don't even know it.
post #367 of 2812
Quote:

Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post

 

A cable upgrade is always a final piece of the puzzle, a source is what is more important after the phone itself..

 

UM said as much to me.

post #368 of 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

UM said as much to me.
Yeah and it's true for me. Your mileage may vary.
post #369 of 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post

Reading the debate above, I guess Miracle won't do even a good job if not being driven by a high end amp/dac.If you can't just use Miracle portable, there is no points in getting it So back to the DAP, if anyone here has tried Miracle with dx100 or Studio V ANV ver. pls let me know your opinions since i don't want to stick around at home. A high end portable + an portable amp will make it more expensive and more bulky....nobody really wants to hold a bunch of them out on the street either........

A cable upgrade is always a final piece of the puzzle, a source is what is more important after the phone itself..

 

I'll be happy to share some impressions in the next few days (I should get mine tomorrow, fingers crossed). I'll be running mine from my iPod Video (RockBox'ed for FLAC) via LOD into a Tralucent T1 amp. The setup sound magical with my SE535s so I expect great things with the Miracles. I'll compare it to my desktop setup of the Audio-gd NFB-5.2 for good measure.

post #370 of 2812

How are these compared to the JHA 16 and UE 18?

post #371 of 2812

I just checked again and the sound from the Ref 7.1 to the Soloist is of course clearer than form the HM-801. When comparing the Miracle to the LCD-2 in this setup, the Miracle is actually not less transparent. Maybe I heard the Miracle as less transparent when comparing to the HE-6, or maybe the impression is derived from listening mostly to Miracle via the HM-801. 

... or burn-in or brain-in or whatever tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post

Reading the debate above, I guess Miracle won't do even a good job if not being driven by a high end amp/dac.If you can't just use Miracle portable, there is no points in getting it So back to the DAP, if anyone here has tried Miracle with dx100 or Studio V ANV ver. pls let me know your opinions since i don't want to stick around at home. A high end portable + an portable amp will make it more expensive and more bulky....nobody really wants to hold a bunch of them out on the street either........

A cable upgrade is always a final piece of the puzzle, a source is what is more important after the phone itself..

post #372 of 2812

They're here!!!!

 

 

700

 

I went for purple faces with red wine (right) and blue (left) shells. Clear tips.

 

Very impressed by the sound after only a few minutes of listening. They run rings around my SE535 LEs even with the stock cable on the Miracles compared to a custom silver-plated copper cable on the Shures.

 

I'm interested in a SPC cable for the Miracles in the future, but SO happy with them already. I think I might try the BTG cables (the starlight looks great).

post #373 of 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

They're here!!!!

 

 

700

 

I went for purple faces with red wine (right) and blue (left) shells. Clear tips.

 

Very impressed by the sound after only a few minutes of listening. They run rings around my SE535 LEs even with the stock cable on the Miracles compared to a custom silver-plated copper cable on the Shures.

 

I'm interested in a SPC cable for the Miracles in the future, but SO happy with them already. I think I might try the BTG cables (the starlight looks great).

 

Very nice. My artwork did not pass QC so they had to rerun them. I am glad they have such high standards and hope they come out as good as yours.

 

These will also be an upgrade from SE535LTD-J's that I was forced to give to my fiance. I am so excited I can hardly wait.

post #374 of 2812

Amazing upgrade from the SE535LTDs - I'm already seriously thinking about selling mine!!

post #375 of 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Amazing upgrade from the SE535LTDs - I'm already seriously thinking about selling mine!!

 

Congrats on the purchase, buddy!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread