- 1,289 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Norway
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 4/1/14 at 1:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 168post #2506 of 281211/17/13 at 2:43amExactly! I also ordered from custom-iem.com / Stephen Guo because turn around time was faster ... and he answers mails too. When ordering via him you send the impressions directly to the lab and the lab sends the ciems directly to you. This procedure saves time twice.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2507 of 281211/17/13 at 3:08am
Got my Miracles back from refit... in time period when Miracles was on refit I bought TWcu3 cable for them, with this cable my Miracles now sound totally different compared to my Merlins paired with TWag2 Gold cable: compared to Merlins, Miracles now sounds muuuuuch darker on mid and high freaquancies, have more bass (especially midbass), but still in terms of naturalness I like bass of Merlins much better, in this term bass of Merlins closer to bass of SR-009, than bass in Miracles... main problem of bass in Miracles IMO is it's "heterogeneous" structure, with TWcu3 it's became better than with stock, TWag2 Gold and TWcu2 cables, but it's still "heterogeneous" compared to Merlins and (of course) SR-009...
Still overall I like Miracles more than Merlins, but if Miracles would have bass of Merlins, then they will be close to ideal sound for me in IEM form factor... but as they are, both of this models have their own pros and cons for me...post #2508 of 281211/17/13 at 5:21ampost #2509 of 281211/17/13 at 5:32ampost #2510 of 281211/17/13 at 5:44amI didn't know the word and thought you could tell me more precisely what you meant ... which you did clearly.
However, I don't experience the bass or describe it as you do. I find it quite good, but I do think it has more sub bass than mid bass. This, perhaps, we agree upon?post #2511 of 281211/17/13 at 5:54amQuote:It's probably depends on cable and source, with DX100 and TWcu3 it has a lot of both mid and low bass, I can't exactly say which of it is more... But for me between a lot of low bass and a lot of midbass the transition is not smooth enough... actually it's all depends to what you compare it, I compare bass of Miracles with bass of Merlins and IMO Merlins easily wins in naturalness in bass region, but again it's only my impressions, nothing more...Originally Posted by LarsHP
I didn't know the word and thought you could tell me more precisely what you meant ... which you did clearly.
However, I don't experience the bass or describe it as you do. I find it quite good, but I do think it has more sub bass than mid bass. This, perhaps, we agree upon?post #2512 of 281211/17/13 at 9:06ampost #2513 of 281211/17/13 at 10:09amQuote:
The bass on Miracle and Merlins is just different (pure armature bass vs dynamic bass as I hear it IMO), in terms of quantity I think that Miracles have more bass, but it's tough to judge... Miracle is definitely much more neutral on middle and high frequencies and also much more darker in this regions... so overall this two models sound totally different, especially if you pair them with cables that benefits their pros, to my ears it's TWcu3 for Miracles and TWag2 Gold for Merlins, but if I had only one of this CIEM's, then I probably choose different cables pairs (TWcu3 for Merlins.. for Miracles... hmmm... I don't know actually, probably would try TWag3 for Miracle, I think they will be a good much for one and only CIEM, but I don't know what will be in reality though... actually don't really like Miracles with TWag2 Gold at all, it kills all the neutrality in mid and high frequencies, and bass is still no much for Merlins, so this cable is bad choice for Miracles IMO, maybe TWag3 will be also bad with them...)...
Edited by DragonOwen - 11/17/13 at 1:49pmpost #2514 of 281211/17/13 at 10:45pm
Am giving a +1 to the build quality of the Miracles. I regularly go to sleep while listening to them, and often wake up with one jammed somewhere into my back.. no issues at all so far.post #2515 of 281211/18/13 at 1:11ampost #2516 of 281211/18/13 at 3:17ampost #2517 of 281211/18/13 at 3:21ampost #2518 of 281211/18/13 at 3:29amQuote:
Buy good cable, Miracles worth it, at least something on level of TWcu2... stock cable sounds awful IMO...post #2519 of 281211/18/13 at 3:35amQuote:
Was planning on it. But since I just forked out over a grand for a pair of IEMs I'd like to get A working cable with it.
I need to save for something decent. And without a baseline cable, I have no comparison...post #2520 of 281211/18/13 at 5:19am
i think i am going a bit too much with the cables for my UM Miracle, the plussoound promo cable, and another with bryan goto, and lastly one with TRRS termination from westone, for my android device to become handsfree :PReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 42 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Welcome & Introduction for DC/VA/MD Head-Fiers 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob