- 5,681 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Beijing, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 5/26/14 at 8:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 152
post #2266 of 2860
8/22/13 at 9:06am
The ak120 drives the Miracles very well. I have not tried 901 with Miracles, only with se5 and it was at least as good as ak120 sqwise. However ALL the rest is better on Ak120 (battery, size, UI, looks, etc.). So it I think both are safe bets, but depending on what you value most...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2267 of 2860
8/22/13 at 9:29am
Do consider the DX100 also. I haven't heard the AK120 or the HM901, but I forgo all portable amps with the Miracles and go straight to the DX100. They synergize well together. Just for your consideration.
post #2268 of 2860
8/22/13 at 9:31am
post #2269 of 2860
8/22/13 at 9:36am
Do you prefer your AK120 to the DX100 you had? Really, not in the market for anything portable anymore (except for JH13 maybe), but do wonder what's top of the heap now in the portable world.
post #2270 of 2860
8/22/13 at 9:39am
I had the dx100 quite a while ago so cannot give a reliable comparison. Prefer ak120 from memory. Overall I think the absolute best sq wise is 901...but they are not that far from each other at this level.
post #2271 of 2860
8/22/13 at 10:28am
post #2272 of 2860
8/22/13 at 12:10pm
Let's talk about the life of most custom made IEM. How long do you think the life of UM IEM can last? Some people said could be your whole life (not included the cable), is that true?
post #2273 of 2860
8/22/13 at 1:17pm
Stick it in an Otterbox or a Pelican case with some desiccant packs and the drivers would last for a good number of years.
They would need to be reshelled once every few years or so though, as your ears keep changing.
post #2274 of 2860
8/22/13 at 6:51pm
post #2275 of 2860
8/22/13 at 6:54pm
post #2276 of 2860
8/22/13 at 6:55pm
post #2277 of 2860
8/22/13 at 7:11pm
post #2278 of 2860
8/22/13 at 7:14pm
post #2279 of 2860
8/22/13 at 7:23pm
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2720 Active Users (614 Members and 2106 Guests)
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 50 seconds ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Anedio D2 DAC release 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)