Do you mean a high end DAP like DX100, AK100? I'm affraid you do! I was considering the Fiio X3 to start with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 4/1/14 at 1:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 142post #2116 of 28077/22/13 at 4:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2117 of 28077/22/13 at 4:16amThe bad thing getting top quality iems/ciems is that you now hear that while some recordings are wonderful, others are not so. In other words: with lesser 'phones you don't hear the difference between good and bad recordings (as much).
Agree with lin0003: get a high quality source (either DAP or DAC) and the Miracle will scale up.post #2118 of 28077/22/13 at 4:17amQuote:
Sorry for your wallet, but yes.post #2119 of 28077/22/13 at 4:19ampost #2120 of 28077/22/13 at 4:21amQuote:
I agree 100%. I tried the Fiio X3 and while it was good, it only brought out 80% of what the Miracles are capable of. The HDP-R10 is more 95%.post #2121 of 28077/22/13 at 4:25ampost #2122 of 28077/22/13 at 4:27amQuote:post #2123 of 28077/22/13 at 4:29amQuote:
I'd say even lower perhaps even 70% because the DAC on any unmodded ipod is just not comparable to the X3's one.post #2124 of 28077/22/13 at 7:29amI do believe the Miracles scale up well and they sound great with both dx100 and ak120. But honestly I do not think that this is his problem. If they sound nice with some tracks and crappy with others it is a matter of mastering too. The Miracles are very revealing and some albums will not sound great even with a 1k DAP. Some albums sounded like crappity crap with Miracles on the DX100.post #2125 of 28077/23/13 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I do believe the Miracles scale up well and they sound great with both dx100 and ak120. But honestly I do not think that this is his problem. If they sound nice with some tracks and crappy with others it is a matter of mastering too. The Miracles are very revealing and some albums will not sound great even with a 1k DAP. Some albums sounded like crappity crap with Miracles on the DX100.post #2126 of 28077/23/13 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Cachicamo
When you move up the scale of iems, your idea might of what sounds "good" might also change.post #2127 of 28077/23/13 at 12:34amQuote:post #2128 of 28077/23/13 at 12:37ampost #2129 of 28077/23/13 at 12:40amQuote:
If the recordings you acquire are well mastered and your gear is resolving enough to show those differences then yes. Most definitely.post #2130 of 28077/23/13 at 1:59amQuote:
Agree, but also depends on your playback device's ability to play 24-bit (iPods and the like can't)
In relation to the iPod. I have the iPod Classic and iPod Video (5.5G). Via a simple Fiio LOD into the Tralucent T1, the sound from the Miracles is good, but not great. The older iPod Video is noticeably better (i.e. Classic = 55%, Video = 60%) so I agree that a better source will do wonders.
If you don't want to go as far as the AK100s some of the HiSound offerings might be a good option (although probably not better than the X3). X3 and a portable DAC like the Matrix Mini Portable would have you singing for around $600 though!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 57 seconds ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 1 minute ago
- › Woodify a Sony Mdr-7506 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 5 sound quality 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › What are the best Headphones under $200? 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob