Do you mean a high end DAP like DX100, AK100? I'm affraid you do! I was considering the Fiio X3 to start with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 11/6/13 at 1:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 142post #2116 of 25907/22/13 at 4:14am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2117 of 25907/22/13 at 4:16amThe bad thing getting top quality iems/ciems is that you now hear that while some recordings are wonderful, others are not so. In other words: with lesser 'phones you don't hear the difference between good and bad recordings (as much).
Agree with lin0003: get a high quality source (either DAP or DAC) and the Miracle will scale up.post #2118 of 25907/22/13 at 4:17amQuote:
Sorry for your wallet, but yes.post #2119 of 25907/22/13 at 4:19ampost #2120 of 25907/22/13 at 4:21amQuote:
I agree 100%. I tried the Fiio X3 and while it was good, it only brought out 80% of what the Miracles are capable of. The HDP-R10 is more 95%.post #2121 of 25907/22/13 at 4:25ampost #2122 of 25907/22/13 at 4:27amQuote:post #2123 of 25907/22/13 at 4:29amQuote:
I'd say even lower perhaps even 70% because the DAC on any unmodded ipod is just not comparable to the X3's one.post #2124 of 25907/22/13 at 7:29amI do believe the Miracles scale up well and they sound great with both dx100 and ak120. But honestly I do not think that this is his problem. If they sound nice with some tracks and crappy with others it is a matter of mastering too. The Miracles are very revealing and some albums will not sound great even with a 1k DAP. Some albums sounded like crappity crap with Miracles on the DX100.post #2125 of 25907/23/13 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I do believe the Miracles scale up well and they sound great with both dx100 and ak120. But honestly I do not think that this is his problem. If they sound nice with some tracks and crappy with others it is a matter of mastering too. The Miracles are very revealing and some albums will not sound great even with a 1k DAP. Some albums sounded like crappity crap with Miracles on the DX100.post #2126 of 25907/23/13 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Cachicamo
When you move up the scale of iems, your idea might of what sounds "good" might also change.post #2127 of 25907/23/13 at 12:34amQuote:post #2128 of 25907/23/13 at 12:37ampost #2129 of 25907/23/13 at 12:40amQuote:
If the recordings you acquire are well mastered and your gear is resolving enough to show those differences then yes. Most definitely.post #2130 of 25907/23/13 at 1:59amQuote:
Agree, but also depends on your playback device's ability to play 24-bit (iPods and the like can't)
In relation to the iPod. I have the iPod Classic and iPod Video (5.5G). Via a simple Fiio LOD into the Tralucent T1, the sound from the Miracles is good, but not great. The older iPod Video is noticeably better (i.e. Classic = 55%, Video = 60%) so I agree that a better source will do wonders.
If you don't want to go as far as the AK100s some of the HiSound offerings might be a good option (although probably not better than the X3). X3 and a portable DAC like the Matrix Mini Portable would have you singing for around $600 though!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 55 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 59 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Can anybody take a picture of the cables on their beyer dt 770 pro... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › ATH-A900XLTD available in Japan soon 6 minutes ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 6 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe