Do you mean a high end DAP like DX100, AK100? I'm affraid you do! I was considering the Fiio X3 to start with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread Last post on 11/6/13 at 1:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...? Last post on 6/8/11 at 11:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 142post #2116 of 27727/22/13 at 4:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2117 of 27727/22/13 at 4:16amThe bad thing getting top quality iems/ciems is that you now hear that while some recordings are wonderful, others are not so. In other words: with lesser 'phones you don't hear the difference between good and bad recordings (as much).
Agree with lin0003: get a high quality source (either DAP or DAC) and the Miracle will scale up.post #2118 of 27727/22/13 at 4:17amQuote:
Sorry for your wallet, but yes.post #2119 of 27727/22/13 at 4:19ampost #2120 of 27727/22/13 at 4:21amQuote:
I agree 100%. I tried the Fiio X3 and while it was good, it only brought out 80% of what the Miracles are capable of. The HDP-R10 is more 95%.post #2121 of 27727/22/13 at 4:25ampost #2122 of 27727/22/13 at 4:27amQuote:post #2123 of 27727/22/13 at 4:29amQuote:
I'd say even lower perhaps even 70% because the DAC on any unmodded ipod is just not comparable to the X3's one.post #2124 of 27727/22/13 at 7:29amI do believe the Miracles scale up well and they sound great with both dx100 and ak120. But honestly I do not think that this is his problem. If they sound nice with some tracks and crappy with others it is a matter of mastering too. The Miracles are very revealing and some albums will not sound great even with a 1k DAP. Some albums sounded like crappity crap with Miracles on the DX100.post #2125 of 27727/23/13 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I do believe the Miracles scale up well and they sound great with both dx100 and ak120. But honestly I do not think that this is his problem. If they sound nice with some tracks and crappy with others it is a matter of mastering too. The Miracles are very revealing and some albums will not sound great even with a 1k DAP. Some albums sounded like crappity crap with Miracles on the DX100.post #2126 of 27727/23/13 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Cachicamo
When you move up the scale of iems, your idea might of what sounds "good" might also change.post #2127 of 27727/23/13 at 12:34amQuote:post #2128 of 27727/23/13 at 12:37ampost #2129 of 27727/23/13 at 12:40amQuote:
If the recordings you acquire are well mastered and your gear is resolving enough to show those differences then yes. Most definitely.post #2130 of 27727/23/13 at 1:59amQuote:
Agree, but also depends on your playback device's ability to play 24-bit (iPods and the like can't)
In relation to the iPod. I have the iPod Classic and iPod Video (5.5G). Via a simple Fiio LOD into the Tralucent T1, the sound from the Miracles is good, but not great. The older iPod Video is noticeably better (i.e. Classic = 55%, Video = 60%) so I agree that a better source will do wonders.
If you don't want to go as far as the AK100s some of the HiSound offerings might be a good option (although probably not better than the X3). X3 and a portable DAC like the Matrix Mini Portable would have you singing for around $600 though!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Unique Melody MiracleNo reviews yet.
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 56 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 4 minutes ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › Looking to get into higher end headphones. Long time lover of... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › Asgard 2 vs Lyr for HE 500 10 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude