Thanks a lot for the response!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-ESW10JPNtagged by System, 2/11/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 12/2/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productJVC HP FX500tagged by System, 12/2/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/11/11
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "Fun" Portable headphone recommendations. Last post on 5/27/11 at 9:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend closed headphones for around $450? Last post on 4/5/11 at 12:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- a900 vs esw9 vs es-10 Last post on 4/12/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread - Page 12post #166 of 71110/14/12 at 11:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 71110/21/12 at 12:30pmpost #168 of 71110/21/12 at 6:49pmQuote:
It does leak a bit but in a no major way. Obviously HD-25 performs better here but I don't really see it as a big of an issue. I use mine in office and it doesn't really disturb my colleagues at all.post #169 of 71110/23/12 at 12:11ampost #170 of 71110/23/12 at 5:19pmThanks for the replies. I went ahead and got them anyways since I had wanted them for a while and at $200 I couldn't resist. By the way, is there any chance that Best Buy would sell fake ones?
Edited by technica18 - 10/23/12 at 5:28pmpost #171 of 71110/23/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterQuote:
I would say that Best Buy selling fakes would be highly doubtful. Just parouse the thread and double check the box images and if they ARE difffent than Best Buy's box, you can ALWAYS call Audio-Technica to verify that Best Buy is selling the real deal, or ask the manager at the Best Buy to provide proof the ATH-ESW9 is a genuine Audio-Technica Product before purchase.post #172 of 71110/23/12 at 11:58pmThread Starter
Oh, Question to all ESW9(a) fans: Have you seen the new ESW11LTD yet?? It looks alot like an "updated" ESW9 with a headband much more reminiscent of the EARSUIT ES10 with titanium earcup shells. Also (haven't investigated) but the look of the headband joints look different and may be more "solid" than those of the ESW9. However, your wallet will hate you for falling in a lovestruck trance and reaching for your credit card to buy them... they are a bit pricey compared to the ESW9...
I also found a current pricelisting on a recent Japanese site HERE for the newer Audio-Technica Lineup. Prices in Japanese Yen, so Google is your friend and or use a Currency Convertor page...post #173 of 71110/26/12 at 5:11pmpost #174 of 71110/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #175 of 71110/27/12 at 12:25ampost #176 of 71110/27/12 at 6:05pmpost #177 of 71110/30/12 at 5:45am
Just ordered some off of Amazon.com for $199.99. The price is amazing still after import tax/shipping compared to what I paid 5-6 years ago for them when importing them from Japan to the UK. Always loved the sound and cannot justify paying more money on the ESW11s when they arrive.post #178 of 71111/3/12 at 4:42am
Just read about the ESW11 right now. I'm not really seeing that many difference aside from that 'Limited Edition' text and the bigger 53mm drivers. The looks are mostly just the same and I really don't feel the price difference is worth it.
The ESW10jpn, I think looks more sophisticated.
post #179 of 71111/3/12 at 11:36pm
Ended up returning my ESW9's... they were nice and all, but I couldn't get used to them. They had way too much squeeze, even after trying to bend the headband. They were super uncomfortable. I tested the Grado 325is which I really liked so now I am thinking about going with the Grado RS1's..post #180 of 71111/5/12 at 4:04amNew ATH-ESW9 owner here, I got them used and recabled with a Canare Starquad cable for a cool... 93 $! Obviously, this was a no-brainer and I pounced on this auction even though I didn't really need a portable. So far, I am very satisfied with their warm and euphonic sound, although I found that they sound better with the treble EQed up a little bit. I can definitely see myself using these headphones as my primary portable, well done Audio Technica.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Calgary Meet Impressions (May 31, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Need help in planning speaker set-up. (New in speakers..) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE8/80 Silver Cable 7 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 8 minutes ago
- › Bushmill X Grado 8 minutes ago
- › Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2