Thanks a lot for the response!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-ESW10JPNtagged by System, 2/11/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 12/2/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productJVC HP FX500tagged by System, 12/2/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/11/11
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "Fun" Portable headphone recommendations. Last post on 5/27/11 at 9:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend closed headphones for around $450? Last post on 4/5/11 at 12:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- a900 vs esw9 vs es-10 Last post on 4/12/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread - Page 12post #166 of 70110/14/12 at 11:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 70110/21/12 at 12:30pmpost #168 of 70110/21/12 at 6:49pmQuote:
It does leak a bit but in a no major way. Obviously HD-25 performs better here but I don't really see it as a big of an issue. I use mine in office and it doesn't really disturb my colleagues at all.post #169 of 70110/23/12 at 12:11ampost #170 of 70110/23/12 at 5:19pmThanks for the replies. I went ahead and got them anyways since I had wanted them for a while and at $200 I couldn't resist. By the way, is there any chance that Best Buy would sell fake ones?
Edited by technica18 - 10/23/12 at 5:28pmpost #171 of 70110/23/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterQuote:
I would say that Best Buy selling fakes would be highly doubtful. Just parouse the thread and double check the box images and if they ARE difffent than Best Buy's box, you can ALWAYS call Audio-Technica to verify that Best Buy is selling the real deal, or ask the manager at the Best Buy to provide proof the ATH-ESW9 is a genuine Audio-Technica Product before purchase.post #172 of 70110/23/12 at 11:58pmThread Starter
Oh, Question to all ESW9(a) fans: Have you seen the new ESW11LTD yet?? It looks alot like an "updated" ESW9 with a headband much more reminiscent of the EARSUIT ES10 with titanium earcup shells. Also (haven't investigated) but the look of the headband joints look different and may be more "solid" than those of the ESW9. However, your wallet will hate you for falling in a lovestruck trance and reaching for your credit card to buy them... they are a bit pricey compared to the ESW9...
I also found a current pricelisting on a recent Japanese site HERE for the newer Audio-Technica Lineup. Prices in Japanese Yen, so Google is your friend and or use a Currency Convertor page...post #173 of 70110/26/12 at 5:11pmpost #174 of 70110/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #175 of 70110/27/12 at 12:25ampost #176 of 70110/27/12 at 6:05pmpost #177 of 70110/30/12 at 5:45am
Just ordered some off of Amazon.com for $199.99. The price is amazing still after import tax/shipping compared to what I paid 5-6 years ago for them when importing them from Japan to the UK. Always loved the sound and cannot justify paying more money on the ESW11s when they arrive.post #178 of 70111/3/12 at 4:42am
Just read about the ESW11 right now. I'm not really seeing that many difference aside from that 'Limited Edition' text and the bigger 53mm drivers. The looks are mostly just the same and I really don't feel the price difference is worth it.
The ESW10jpn, I think looks more sophisticated.
post #179 of 70111/3/12 at 11:36pm
Ended up returning my ESW9's... they were nice and all, but I couldn't get used to them. They had way too much squeeze, even after trying to bend the headband. They were super uncomfortable. I tested the Grado 325is which I really liked so now I am thinking about going with the Grado RS1's..post #180 of 70111/5/12 at 4:04amNew ATH-ESW9 owner here, I got them used and recabled with a Canare Starquad cable for a cool... 93 $! Obviously, this was a no-brainer and I pounced on this auction even though I didn't really need a portable. So far, I am very satisfied with their warm and euphonic sound, although I found that they sound better with the treble EQed up a little bit. I can definitely see myself using these headphones as my primary portable, well done Audio Technica.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Owners Unite 25 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 49 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Playing FLAC on external hard drive WITHOUT Foobar/Windows OS? 3 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)