Thanks a lot for the response!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-ESW10JPNtagged by System, 2/11/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 12/2/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productJVC HP FX500tagged by System, 12/2/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/11/11
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "Fun" Portable headphone recommendations. Last post on 5/27/11 at 9:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend closed headphones for around $450? Last post on 4/5/11 at 12:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- a900 vs esw9 vs es-10 Last post on 4/12/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread - Page 12post #166 of 72210/14/12 at 11:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 72210/21/12 at 12:30pmpost #168 of 72210/21/12 at 6:49pmQuote:
It does leak a bit but in a no major way. Obviously HD-25 performs better here but I don't really see it as a big of an issue. I use mine in office and it doesn't really disturb my colleagues at all.post #169 of 72210/23/12 at 12:11ampost #170 of 72210/23/12 at 5:19pmThanks for the replies. I went ahead and got them anyways since I had wanted them for a while and at $200 I couldn't resist. By the way, is there any chance that Best Buy would sell fake ones?
Edited by technica18 - 10/23/12 at 5:28pmpost #171 of 72210/23/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterQuote:
I would say that Best Buy selling fakes would be highly doubtful. Just parouse the thread and double check the box images and if they ARE difffent than Best Buy's box, you can ALWAYS call Audio-Technica to verify that Best Buy is selling the real deal, or ask the manager at the Best Buy to provide proof the ATH-ESW9 is a genuine Audio-Technica Product before purchase.post #172 of 72210/23/12 at 11:58pmThread Starter
Oh, Question to all ESW9(a) fans: Have you seen the new ESW11LTD yet?? It looks alot like an "updated" ESW9 with a headband much more reminiscent of the EARSUIT ES10 with titanium earcup shells. Also (haven't investigated) but the look of the headband joints look different and may be more "solid" than those of the ESW9. However, your wallet will hate you for falling in a lovestruck trance and reaching for your credit card to buy them... they are a bit pricey compared to the ESW9...
I also found a current pricelisting on a recent Japanese site HERE for the newer Audio-Technica Lineup. Prices in Japanese Yen, so Google is your friend and or use a Currency Convertor page...post #173 of 72210/26/12 at 5:11pmpost #174 of 72210/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #175 of 72210/27/12 at 12:25ampost #176 of 72210/27/12 at 6:05pmpost #177 of 72210/30/12 at 5:45am
Just ordered some off of Amazon.com for $199.99. The price is amazing still after import tax/shipping compared to what I paid 5-6 years ago for them when importing them from Japan to the UK. Always loved the sound and cannot justify paying more money on the ESW11s when they arrive.post #178 of 72211/3/12 at 4:42am
Just read about the ESW11 right now. I'm not really seeing that many difference aside from that 'Limited Edition' text and the bigger 53mm drivers. The looks are mostly just the same and I really don't feel the price difference is worth it.
The ESW10jpn, I think looks more sophisticated.
post #179 of 72211/3/12 at 11:36pm
Ended up returning my ESW9's... they were nice and all, but I couldn't get used to them. They had way too much squeeze, even after trying to bend the headband. They were super uncomfortable. I tested the Grado 325is which I really liked so now I am thinking about going with the Grado RS1's..post #180 of 72211/5/12 at 4:04amNew ATH-ESW9 owner here, I got them used and recabled with a Canare Starquad cable for a cool... 93 $! Obviously, this was a no-brainer and I pounced on this auction even though I didn't really need a portable. So far, I am very satisfied with their warm and euphonic sound, although I found that they sound better with the treble EQed up a little bit. I can definitely see myself using these headphones as my primary portable, well done Audio Technica.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Need amp/dac? 1 minute ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha Dog not the sound signiature I was looking for. Need help... 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 3 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › LyxPro HAS-10 vs. Monoprice 108323 vs. JVC HARX900 vs. JVC HAS660 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2