Thanks a lot for the response!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "Fun" Portable headphone recommendations. Last post on 5/27/11 at 9:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend closed headphones for around $450? Last post on 4/5/11 at 12:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- a900 vs esw9 vs es-10 Last post on 4/12/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread - Page 12post #166 of 37410/14/12 at 11:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 37410/21/12 at 12:30pmpost #168 of 37410/21/12 at 6:49pmQuote:
It does leak a bit but in a no major way. Obviously HD-25 performs better here but I don't really see it as a big of an issue. I use mine in office and it doesn't really disturb my colleagues at all.post #169 of 37410/23/12 at 12:11ampost #170 of 37410/23/12 at 5:19pmThanks for the replies. I went ahead and got them anyways since I had wanted them for a while and at $200 I couldn't resist. By the way, is there any chance that Best Buy would sell fake ones?
Edited by technica18 - 10/23/12 at 5:28pmpost #171 of 37410/23/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterQuote:
I would say that Best Buy selling fakes would be highly doubtful. Just parouse the thread and double check the box images and if they ARE difffent than Best Buy's box, you can ALWAYS call Audio-Technica to verify that Best Buy is selling the real deal, or ask the manager at the Best Buy to provide proof the ATH-ESW9 is a genuine Audio-Technica Product before purchase.post #172 of 37410/23/12 at 11:58pmThread Starter
Oh, Question to all ESW9(a) fans: Have you seen the new ESW11LTD yet?? It looks alot like an "updated" ESW9 with a headband much more reminiscent of the EARSUIT ES10 with titanium earcup shells. Also (haven't investigated) but the look of the headband joints look different and may be more "solid" than those of the ESW9. However, your wallet will hate you for falling in a lovestruck trance and reaching for your credit card to buy them... they are a bit pricey compared to the ESW9...
I also found a current pricelisting on a recent Japanese site HERE for the newer Audio-Technica Lineup. Prices in Japanese Yen, so Google is your friend and or use a Currency Convertor page...post #173 of 37410/26/12 at 5:11pmpost #174 of 37410/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #175 of 37410/27/12 at 12:25ampost #176 of 37410/27/12 at 6:05pmpost #177 of 37410/30/12 at 5:45am
Just ordered some off of Amazon.com for $199.99. The price is amazing still after import tax/shipping compared to what I paid 5-6 years ago for them when importing them from Japan to the UK. Always loved the sound and cannot justify paying more money on the ESW11s when they arrive.post #178 of 37411/3/12 at 4:42am
Just read about the ESW11 right now. I'm not really seeing that many difference aside from that 'Limited Edition' text and the bigger 53mm drivers. The looks are mostly just the same and I really don't feel the price difference is worth it.
The ESW10jpn, I think looks more sophisticated.
post #179 of 37411/3/12 at 11:36pm
Ended up returning my ESW9's... they were nice and all, but I couldn't get used to them. They had way too much squeeze, even after trying to bend the headband. They were super uncomfortable. I tested the Grado 325is which I really liked so now I am thinking about going with the Grado RS1's..post #180 of 37411/5/12 at 4:04amNew ATH-ESW9 owner here, I got them used and recabled with a Canare Starquad cable for a cool... 93 $! Obviously, this was a no-brainer and I pounced on this auction even though I didn't really need a portable. So far, I am very satisfied with their warm and euphonic sound, although I found that they sound better with the treble EQed up a little bit. I can definitely see myself using these headphones as my primary portable, well done Audio Technica.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Gustav Holst-The planets suite 29 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: V-Moda M-100 Matte Black 3 minutes ago
- › Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013... 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review 4 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe