Quite forgiving, I really like this part. It is quite painful when the sources reveal everything.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Hifiman to get? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: HiFiMAN HM-601 vs. Hisoundaudio Studio-I Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HM-601 NOT Updating firmware? Last post on 3/5/14 at 2:10pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 134511/21/10 at 7:01ampost #18 of 134511/21/10 at 7:33ampost #19 of 134511/21/10 at 9:30amQuote:
Not sure about the 601 but the w/ the 602 IT IS!! Up till 0430 listening to my now 'fixed' hi-rez files. I'm still curious to find out what the different sound and opamps are in the 601.post #20 of 134511/21/10 at 2:28pm
Here's the photos I took of the insides of the HM-602. I'd imagine it'd be very similar to the HM-601.post #21 of 134511/22/10 at 5:37amQuote:
….the EQ was on! Apparently the EQ was causing the music to distort, even though the EQ was set to 0 on all the bands. This is something that needs to be fixed but for now, it’s easy to just go to the main menu and turn off the EQ for good.
Interestingly enough, I never turned on the EQ, so if you get your HiFiman and it sounds funny, be sure to check that the EQ is completely off. It makes a world of difference and IMHO, the EQ shouldn’t even be used at all with this player.
I wanted to confirm this, even for the Hifiman HM-801 ... I just forgot to write about it ...post #22 of 134511/22/10 at 6:18ampost #23 of 134511/22/10 at 6:44amQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/post #24 of 134511/22/10 at 6:47ampost #25 of 134511/22/10 at 7:04ampost #26 of 134511/22/10 at 7:17am
I just talked to Head Direct's customer service about a potential package deal without the RE-ZERO but with the RE-262. I'm curious as to how the price will change. No confirmation yet but I didn't see any use for the RE-ZERO since I already own the RE0.post #27 of 134511/22/10 at 8:15ampost #28 of 134511/22/10 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by kitekiQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/
Could of swore I discussed more than icecream.post #29 of 134511/22/10 at 9:35am
- REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Alternative to Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Best Stores in Manhattan to Demo Headphones Before You Buy Them 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Senheiser 800 hd 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude