Quite forgiving, I really like this part. It is quite painful when the sources reveal everything.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Hifiman to get? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: HiFiMAN HM-601 vs. Hisoundaudio Studio-I Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help upgrading...looking at DBA-02, GR07, ER-4S, RE262, etc... Last post on 3/25/13 at 7:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 131211/21/10 at 7:01ampost #18 of 131211/21/10 at 7:33ampost #19 of 131211/21/10 at 9:30amQuote:
Not sure about the 601 but the w/ the 602 IT IS!! Up till 0430 listening to my now 'fixed' hi-rez files. I'm still curious to find out what the different sound and opamps are in the 601.post #20 of 131211/21/10 at 2:28pm
Here's the photos I took of the insides of the HM-602. I'd imagine it'd be very similar to the HM-601.post #21 of 131211/22/10 at 5:37amQuote:
….the EQ was on! Apparently the EQ was causing the music to distort, even though the EQ was set to 0 on all the bands. This is something that needs to be fixed but for now, it’s easy to just go to the main menu and turn off the EQ for good.
Interestingly enough, I never turned on the EQ, so if you get your HiFiman and it sounds funny, be sure to check that the EQ is completely off. It makes a world of difference and IMHO, the EQ shouldn’t even be used at all with this player.
I wanted to confirm this, even for the Hifiman HM-801 ... I just forgot to write about it ...post #22 of 131211/22/10 at 6:18ampost #23 of 131211/22/10 at 6:44amQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/post #24 of 131211/22/10 at 6:47ampost #25 of 131211/22/10 at 7:04ampost #26 of 131211/22/10 at 7:17am
I just talked to Head Direct's customer service about a potential package deal without the RE-ZERO but with the RE-262. I'm curious as to how the price will change. No confirmation yet but I didn't see any use for the RE-ZERO since I already own the RE0.post #27 of 131211/22/10 at 8:15ampost #28 of 131211/22/10 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by kitekiQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/
Could of swore I discussed more than icecream.post #29 of 131211/22/10 at 9:35am
- REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › DT 880 No sound in left driver 10 seconds ago
- › What size Comply foam tips for the Astrotec AM-90? 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 minutes ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 3 minutes ago
- › Spending $1,500 on 5+ Headphones to Compare for YOU guys. Which... 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Does it exist? Stereo bluetooth headphones with excellent boom mic... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi