Quite forgiving, I really like this part. It is quite painful when the sources reveal everything.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Hifiman to get? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: HiFiMAN HM-601 vs. Hisoundaudio Studio-I Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HM-601 NOT Updating firmware? Last post on 3/5/14 at 2:10pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 134511/21/10 at 7:01ampost #18 of 134511/21/10 at 7:33ampost #19 of 134511/21/10 at 9:30amQuote:
Not sure about the 601 but the w/ the 602 IT IS!! Up till 0430 listening to my now 'fixed' hi-rez files. I'm still curious to find out what the different sound and opamps are in the 601.post #20 of 134511/21/10 at 2:28pm
Here's the photos I took of the insides of the HM-602. I'd imagine it'd be very similar to the HM-601.post #21 of 134511/22/10 at 5:37amQuote:
….the EQ was on! Apparently the EQ was causing the music to distort, even though the EQ was set to 0 on all the bands. This is something that needs to be fixed but for now, it’s easy to just go to the main menu and turn off the EQ for good.
Interestingly enough, I never turned on the EQ, so if you get your HiFiman and it sounds funny, be sure to check that the EQ is completely off. It makes a world of difference and IMHO, the EQ shouldn’t even be used at all with this player.
I wanted to confirm this, even for the Hifiman HM-801 ... I just forgot to write about it ...post #22 of 134511/22/10 at 6:18ampost #23 of 134511/22/10 at 6:44amQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/post #24 of 134511/22/10 at 6:47ampost #25 of 134511/22/10 at 7:04ampost #26 of 134511/22/10 at 7:17am
I just talked to Head Direct's customer service about a potential package deal without the RE-ZERO but with the RE-262. I'm curious as to how the price will change. No confirmation yet but I didn't see any use for the RE-ZERO since I already own the RE0.post #27 of 134511/22/10 at 8:15ampost #28 of 134511/22/10 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by kitekiQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/
Could of swore I discussed more than icecream.post #29 of 134511/22/10 at 9:35am
- REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 18 seconds ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 30 seconds ago
- › Most detailed, accurate, clear, neutral IEMs 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Sensibility Cables, any experience? 3 minutes ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 4 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob