Quite forgiving, I really like this part. It is quite painful when the sources reveal everything.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Hifiman to get? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: HiFiMAN HM-601 vs. Hisoundaudio Studio-I Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HM-601 NOT Updating firmware? Last post on 3/5/14 at 2:10pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 134511/21/10 at 7:01ampost #18 of 134511/21/10 at 7:33ampost #19 of 134511/21/10 at 9:30amQuote:
Not sure about the 601 but the w/ the 602 IT IS!! Up till 0430 listening to my now 'fixed' hi-rez files. I'm still curious to find out what the different sound and opamps are in the 601.post #20 of 134511/21/10 at 2:28pm
Here's the photos I took of the insides of the HM-602. I'd imagine it'd be very similar to the HM-601.post #21 of 134511/22/10 at 5:37amQuote:
….the EQ was on! Apparently the EQ was causing the music to distort, even though the EQ was set to 0 on all the bands. This is something that needs to be fixed but for now, it’s easy to just go to the main menu and turn off the EQ for good.
Interestingly enough, I never turned on the EQ, so if you get your HiFiman and it sounds funny, be sure to check that the EQ is completely off. It makes a world of difference and IMHO, the EQ shouldn’t even be used at all with this player.
I wanted to confirm this, even for the Hifiman HM-801 ... I just forgot to write about it ...post #22 of 134511/22/10 at 6:18ampost #23 of 134511/22/10 at 6:44amQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/post #24 of 134511/22/10 at 6:47ampost #25 of 134511/22/10 at 7:04ampost #26 of 134511/22/10 at 7:17am
I just talked to Head Direct's customer service about a potential package deal without the RE-ZERO but with the RE-262. I'm curious as to how the price will change. No confirmation yet but I didn't see any use for the RE-ZERO since I already own the RE0.post #27 of 134511/22/10 at 8:15ampost #28 of 134511/22/10 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by kitekiQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/
Could of swore I discussed more than icecream.post #29 of 134511/22/10 at 9:35am
- REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sophia Princess 2a3 - Matched Pair (AUS) (Suit DNA Stratus) 9 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 17 seconds ago
- › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 7 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob