Quite forgiving, I really like this part. It is quite painful when the sources reveal everything.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Hifiman to get? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: HiFiMAN HM-601 vs. Hisoundaudio Studio-I Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help upgrading...looking at DBA-02, GR07, ER-4S, RE262, etc... Last post on 3/25/13 at 7:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 131211/21/10 at 7:01ampost #18 of 131211/21/10 at 7:33ampost #19 of 131211/21/10 at 9:30amQuote:
Not sure about the 601 but the w/ the 602 IT IS!! Up till 0430 listening to my now 'fixed' hi-rez files. I'm still curious to find out what the different sound and opamps are in the 601.post #20 of 131211/21/10 at 2:28pm
Here's the photos I took of the insides of the HM-602. I'd imagine it'd be very similar to the HM-601.post #21 of 131211/22/10 at 5:37amQuote:
….the EQ was on! Apparently the EQ was causing the music to distort, even though the EQ was set to 0 on all the bands. This is something that needs to be fixed but for now, it’s easy to just go to the main menu and turn off the EQ for good.
Interestingly enough, I never turned on the EQ, so if you get your HiFiman and it sounds funny, be sure to check that the EQ is completely off. It makes a world of difference and IMHO, the EQ shouldn’t even be used at all with this player.
I wanted to confirm this, even for the Hifiman HM-801 ... I just forgot to write about it ...post #22 of 131211/22/10 at 6:18ampost #23 of 131211/22/10 at 6:44amQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/post #24 of 131211/22/10 at 6:47ampost #25 of 131211/22/10 at 7:04ampost #26 of 131211/22/10 at 7:17am
I just talked to Head Direct's customer service about a potential package deal without the RE-ZERO but with the RE-262. I'm curious as to how the price will change. No confirmation yet but I didn't see any use for the RE-ZERO since I already own the RE0.post #27 of 131211/22/10 at 8:15ampost #28 of 131211/22/10 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by kitekiQuote:
x2 for teclast comparison.
Anaxilus said the Teclast is like chocolate ice-cream and the 602 is like the best vanilla but I didn't really feel the vibe of his symbolic description :/
Could of swore I discussed more than icecream.post #29 of 131211/22/10 at 9:35am
- REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 15 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 39 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Westone ES5 2 minutes ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 2 minutes ago
- › Bass heavy in ear headphones under $30 3 minutes ago
- › RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68,... 3 minutes ago
- › gaming headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 $140 shipped 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude