If one of my DAP's got hot from playback, I would stop playing it out of fear the battery was about to explode....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Hifiman to get? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: HiFiMAN HM-601 vs. Hisoundaudio Studio-I Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Need help upgrading...looking at DBA-02, GR07, ER-4S, RE262, etc... Last post on 3/25/13 at 7:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need 100-120€ IEMs Last post on 11/20/12 at 5:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 - Page 83
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Haha, I've thought about that.
I think it gets hot from the high volumes levels. It's pretty funny dude, because the volume this pumps outs pretty insane. It's LOUD, I can't go to full volume.. So there you are with your rock albums cranking, volume screaming and the player heating up, it's pretty impressive and contributes to the experience. It gets hot from to back front you can feel it seeping through the casing. I'm not sure what's does it the amp section or the battery.
When only using normal volumes it's runs cool
Edit: Also gets really hot if you pause it and leave it on.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/30/12 at 9:02pm
Anybody else hearing the grain in the music? I have the latest firmware applied (.11). I hear it with all of my headphones. This grain isn't discernible with my other DAPs so it's not my ears.
An advantage to having updated however, is that now, my 32 GB Kingston is now detected even after turning off the player for hours at a time.
The Sony X Walkman and Clip +. Upon further listening however, I could discern it (albeit mildly) in the Clip Zip also. It's a lot more pronounced on the 601 though.
I'm using that combo right now. Love it...makes everything sound so much better
I'm using the 2227. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make when you pair it up with the 601 but the opamps themselves generally have different signatures. I've heard that the 2227 is more 'lively' where as the AD8620 is more analytical. I've looked into other amps like the Voyager and the Pico slim as well but they were also out of my price range. I had the chance to test out the Pico slim with my 601 and I found that my C421 was a better deal overall offering more options and the ability to power harder to drive headphones. (was able to power my K702 decently).
- REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Brief Odac impressions 51 seconds ago
- › Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? 1 minute ago
- › Am I crazy for preferring the HE-500's over the LCD2.2's? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 1 minute ago
- › Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged! 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 2 minutes ago
- › Xbox ONE 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe