Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 - Page 72

post #1066 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3utra1 View Post

I got one. Still not sure though if the charging time is the same (9 hours). Version is .08

 

Does it really get to warm with the HM601+TTVJ Slim? Now i'm having second thoughts of getting onefrown.gif



You unit takes 9 hours to fully charge? Something is wrong? Mine takes maybe 4 hours to fully charge and I am able to charge it with the unit being off. Try to update your firmware to fix this issue.

post #1067 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



You unit takes 9 hours to fully charge? Something is wrong? Mine takes maybe 4 hours to fully charge and I am able to charge it with the unit being off. Try to update your firmware to fix this issue.


I haven't really timed it yet. I just read from here that it takes 9 hours to charge from a fully drained battery. Will time it next time.

What is the latest firmware btw? I thought it was v0.08

 

post #1068 of 1489

You probably have the latest.  The v0.07 firmware, as far as I know is the latest for the non-slim HM-601/602, unless Fang has posted otherwise.

post #1069 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3utra1 View Post


I haven't really timed it yet. I just read from here that it takes 9 hours to charge from a fully drained battery. Will time it next time.

What is the latest firmware btw? I thought it was v0.08

 



I think you have a newer version than I do. I have 0.07. The EQ doesn't work properly on this version but the sound signature appears to be more on the balanced side compared to the other firmware that was originally on my unit. So I don't feel the need to use EQ which I much prefer anyways.

post #1070 of 1489

My 601 Slim shipped with v 0.08. This is the firmware with the auto power off issue. It's really a pain in the ass, it doesn't work properly. I set it to the lowest time available (30 mins) and it just cut off on me in the middle of an album, 30 minutes into it. So I shut off the feature entirely and that's even worse. Since I'm not used to having to actually manually shut off the player, it probably stayed on for a good three hours today without me noticing. Which is killer on the battery. I might have to go back to v 0.07.

post #1071 of 1489


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



You unit takes 9 hours to fully charge? Something is wrong? Mine takes maybe 4 hours to fully charge and I am able to charge it with the unit being off. Try to update your firmware to fix this issue.



Mine also takes 4 hours,aahhhh wait, are you charging with USB or with the adapter that came with it? its fun warm with TTVJ slim but really detailed.The 601 has more emphasis on treble then mid, and the TTVj slim shows its mids, so they compliment each other, and the combination of both give you a very detailed and a nice instrument separation with good source like lossless, but with 24/96 it shines.

 

TTVJ slim sound signature is more to tube sound than digital. I like it and starting to like it more by time with my DAP,.

post #1072 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaphoenix View Post

You probably have the latest.  The v0.07 firmware, as far as I know is the latest for the non-slim HM-601/602, unless Fang has posted otherwise.



Mine came with 0.08, non 601 slim!

post #1073 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nod2mybeats View Post

My 601 Slim shipped with v 0.08. This is the firmware with the auto power off issue. It's really a pain in the ass, it doesn't work properly. I set it to the lowest time available (30 mins) and it just cut off on me in the middle of an album, 30 minutes into it. So I shut off the feature entirely and that's even worse. Since I'm not used to having to actually manually shut off the player, it probably stayed on for a good three hours today without me noticing. Which is killer on the battery. I might have to go back to v 0.07.



how's the battery life on hm-601 slim? and where can you buy one?

 

it's not in their website yet

post #1074 of 1489

I really just got it so I haven't had a chance to use it enough to properly attest to that, and I got mine on head-direct eBay. As you can see, it's not even listed as the "Slim." I think the mentioned notion that Fang is trying to replace the HM-601 with the HMexpress-601 Slim is correct.

post #1075 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nod2mybeats View Post

I really just got it so I haven't had a chance to use it enough to properly attest to that, and I got mine on head-direct eBay. As you can see, it's not even listed as the "Slim." I think the mentioned notion that Fang is trying to replace the HM-601 with the HMexpress-601 Slim is correct.



if that's really the product you received, that's not hm-601 slim. mr. fang mentioned that the hm-601 slim will utilize PCM1704 chip, instead of TDA1543

post #1076 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_djoel2000 View Post



if that's really the product you received, that's not hm-601 slim. mr. fang mentioned that the hm-601 slim will utilize PCM1704 chip, instead of TDA1543


 

How do you charge it with USB or with the supplied adapter?

post #1077 of 1489

When the HM-601SLIM will be available ? I read that it will be released this month but nothing at HifiMan site.

I'm very interested in this DAP as an update of my T51.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_djoel2000 View Post



if that's really the product you received, that's not hm-601 slim. mr. fang mentioned that the hm-601 slim will utilize PCM1704 chip, instead of TDA1543


Edited by Migou67 - 1/31/12 at 7:49am
post #1078 of 1489

I switched my firmware back to v 0.05 and the Auto Turn-off problem is gone! Though, someone should probably bring the issue to Fang's attention since he'll be offering these on the official website soon.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_djoel2000 View Post



if that's really the product you received, that's not hm-601 slim. mr. fang mentioned that the hm-601 slim will utilize PCM1704 chip, instead of TDA1543

 

As I mentioned, the listing is NOT for the HM-601 Slim but, I was shipped one anyway. I am certain. It is noticeably thinner than my previous 601 and the back panel looks slightly different. As for the PCM1704 chip, I'll take Fang's word for it that mine has one inside. I won't open it and confirm.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post


Congrats. please may you post a HD pictures or movie, I still have my 601, and enjoy it from time to time, only with my TTVJslim....

 

 

I don't equipment capable of producing a true-HD picture. If a Droid or iPhone camera picture will do, I'd be happy to upload some shots.

 

post #1079 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nod2mybeats View Post

I switched my firmware back to v 0.05 and the Auto Turn-off problem is gone! Though, someone should probably bring the issue to Fang's attention since he'll be offering these on the official website soon.
 

 

As I mentioned, the listing is NOT for the HM-601 Slim but, I was shipped one anyway. I am certain. It is noticeably thinner than my previous 601 and the back panel looks slightly different. As for the PCM1704 chip, I'll take Fang's word for it that mine has one inside. I won't open it and confirm.

 

 

 

I don't equipment capable of producing a true-HD picture. If a Droid or iPhone camera picture will do, I'd be happy to upload some shots.

 



Hi, any picture will do..

post #1080 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nod2mybeats View Post

 

As I mentioned, the listing is NOT for the HM-601 Slim but, I was shipped one anyway. I am certain. It is noticeably thinner than my previous 601 and the back panel looks slightly different. As for the PCM1704 chip, I'll take Fang's word for it that mine has one inside. I won't open it and confirm.

 

 

 

I don't equipment capable of producing a true-HD picture. If a Droid or iPhone camera picture will do, I'd be happy to upload some shots.

 


awesome.. good for you. how much did  you pay for it? $259?

 

and yes, any picture will do

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601