New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Local Cincinnati meet comments. - Page 2  

post #16 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Man, Mark had a lot of headphones. Unfortunately too many things to try and too little time. I have to say that after the LCD-2, PS-1000 and HD 800, nothing else sounded quite as good. The HD650 out of Duke's amp being an exception (balanced snobs).

 

Hey Now HC,

 

Yeah, you are so right. Trying to figure out how to get a pair of those high end phones. They sounded so good. Thanks to everyone for letting us try them out. Just might have to put a motorcycle up for sale real soon rolleyes.gif

 

--

Finest kind,

Chris

post #17 of 31
Thread Starter 

The Ms has ok'ed the LCD-2 but I want to hold off until I listen to the HE-6 before "I jump in it".

post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccklone View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Man, Mark had a lot of headphones. Unfortunately too many things to try and too little time. I have to say that after the LCD-2, PS-1000 and HD 800, nothing else sounded quite as good. The HD650 out of Duke's amp being an exception (balanced snobs).

 

Hey Now HC,

 

Yeah, you are so right. Trying to figure out how to get a pair of those high end phones. They sounded so good. Thanks to everyone for letting us try them out. Just might have to put a motorcycle up for sale real soon rolleyes.gif

 

--

Finest kind,

Chris



haha..I am probably going to sell my motorcycle as well in a month or two..wanna upgrade to a nicer one..maybe a 600RR or an R6, and of course a dirt bike :D

post #19 of 31
Thread Starter 

It is customary to let the participants comment in impression threads and that's why I refrained from putting much in here.

 

Future meets to accomplish for me:

-Listen to some HE-6

-Listen to a PSA Perfectwave

-A longer listen to the HD-800 (growing on me each time I hear them)

-Woo 22

-Duke's new amp

-Chris's new LCD-2 biggrin.gif

-Mark's cables for the Senns

-a meet location that would allow a beer

post #20 of 31

HC,

Any time that you are in the Dayton area and want to have an extended listen to the 800's you are more than welcome to stop by!  I would also like to have a listen to a perfectwave DAC.  I think Duke's friend Larry has one so maybe we can have a listen to his some time.  We can always arrange a small 3-4 person mini meet (even at my house) and have a few beers!

It is really too bad I did not have a longer time to listen to the Ref-7.  I was quite tired that day and don't know if my judgement of that DAC was accurate.  When I listened to it on my setup it seem bright, but as I said maybe I was just tired!! I do know though that I could not listen to the LCD-2's for an extended period of time because the clamping force gave me an instant headache and as such it was difficult for me to listen very carefully to these 'phones.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

It is customary to let the participants comment in impression threads and that's why I refrained from putting much in here.

 

Future meets to accomplish for me:

-Listen to some HE-6

-Listen to a PSA Perfectwave

-A longer listen to the HD-800 (growing on me each time I hear them)

-Woo 22

-Duke's new amp

-Chris's new LCD-2 biggrin.gif

-Mark's cables for the Senns

-a meet location that would allow a beer

post #21 of 31
Thread Starter 

I think once my choices are made, I'll liquidate my HT rig to pay for it and call it a day. I should have known 2 channel audio was the way to go but the promise of multi channel was so alluring I couldn't resist. I am now free of it's spell with a nasty hook scar but the wiser for it.

 

I'll get your number as I've been in Dayton for work a few times since the meet.

 

I'm meeting Jeff tomorrow to return his LCD-2s. Will be sad to see them go. I'm a wood fan and the Caribbean Rosewood is beautiful.

 

post #22 of 31

Yeah, one day I'll build a nice 2 channel home system as well!  For now my headphones will have to do.  

I feel for you having to give up the LCD-2's especially since it seems that you liked them alot.  I hope that LCD-2 withdrawal is not too hard on you!!!!

post #23 of 31
Thread Starter 

I have a high tolerance to envy.

post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

I have a high tolerance to envy.



so i think im changing my mind about my plans, i think im gonna go ahead and wait for the second generation of the active DSP thingie for IEM's and go ahead and build a full sized rig around the LCD-2's instead :D probably put myself on the list for a pair in january so i can get some money saved up.

post #25 of 31

Sounds like a great plan. I would not mind listening to the lcd-2 again at the next meet (if you get them). They were definitely a great set of cans.

 

HC, I'm sure you are sad to see them go.

post #26 of 31
Thread Starter 

For electric instruments, the LCD-2 will be hard to beat. That means they are a hard rock fan's dream headphone.

 

I want to hear the HE-6 to identify the sound of acoustic instruments. I have a lot of both styles but if the HE-6 can give decent bass and the soundstage isn't too bad, I'll run them with a couple of monoblock speaker amps and get a balanced source. If the soundstage is too bad, I'll be sneaking back into bed with the LCD-2s.

post #27 of 31

I did enjoy the LCD-2's Slam, But I'll be getting the HD-800's......I just enjoyed Bubu1's way to much and they just feel RIGHT on my head......I do believe "Santa's" bringing them.....HO Ho HO.....................................Now what after market cable to buy or make?????,,,,,,,wink.gif


Edited by 9pintube - 12/4/10 at 6:47am
post #28 of 31

Quite a generous Santa this year!!!!!!  That's great news!

So many cables to choose from!  Good luck finding one that you like and as you said you can always build one yourself.  Let me know if you want to borrow my SE Cardas cable.  I know its a little short but at least you can test it at your convenience!


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9pintube View Post

I did enjoy the LCD-2's Slam, But I'll be getting the HD-800's......I just enjoyed Bubu1's way to much and they just feel RIGHT on my head......I do believe "Santa's" bringing them.....HO Ho HO.....................................Now what after market cable to buy or make?????,,,,,,,wink.gif

post #29 of 31
Thread Starter 

Duke,

 

Take a play out of downsize IC book and make yourself a set of headphone cables.

 

And yeah, Santa bin berry berry gud to U.


Edited by Happy Camper - 12/4/10 at 9:53am
post #30 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Duke,

 

Take a play out of downsize IC book and make yourself a set of headphone cables.

 

And yeah, Santa bin berry berry gud to U.

Good advice (HC), and thanks (Bubu1) for the cable loan/try when the time comes.....But Both of YOU will under stand this,,,,,,,  Santa bin berry berry gud to the wife, she's getting a 9 K complete remodel of the master bath, (in progress)!!!  All I could think about when we were down picking out the Granite top, was WOW, What Nice Amp/Equip. Stands this stuff would MAKE!!!! Jayne had to poke me once  to get me back from my "Audio Dream State"......... Hell, I thought the bathroom was fine!........Just Think,9K could be a brand new Lyra (Titan i) Phono Cart. to go with my Lyra (Helikon) with some cash left over for some Killer Tubes,etc. etc........Oh Well.......Life goes on,  What PRIORITIES??????? confused.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked