Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1 - Page 3

post #31 of 135

i haven't heard the A1, but imagine the WA2 being a warmer and more intimate presentation of the T1. 

 

the A1 i can imagine being transparent, detailed, neutral, and dynamic. the WA2 is warm, intimate, natural.

 

wish i could hear an A1 and compare it though lol.

post #32 of 135

Warm ≠ natural. Certainly easy to listen to, but real life is not warm.

post #33 of 135

Hi,

 

I am also looking for a good amp for the T1.

Given the WA2 as the amp. Can anyone recommend a good DAC to use from a MacBook Pro?

I was considering the Bifrost.

I hope I have not hiacked the thread.

Thanks for your help.

post #34 of 135

This DAC is often spoken of in very high regard.  It's said to pair well with Beyer headphones because it presents a slightly warm and laid back sound, which is pleasing to many Beyer users.

 

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MFVDACII


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post

Hi,

 

I am also looking for a good amp for the T1.

Given the WA2 as the amp. Can anyone recommend a good DAC to use from a MacBook Pro?

I was considering the Bifrost.

I hope I have not hiacked the thread.

Thanks for your help.



 

post #35 of 135

Hi,

 
Thanks for the link Hodgjy, definately worth some considertion.
 
@MacedonianHero, have you tried the Schiit Lyr with the T1s? Any comments would be welcome.
I guess the Lyr is best paired with the LCDs/HF6s.
I was wondering if the Bifrost/Lyr may be good with the T1 and also good with my LCD2(Rev1)s? Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
post #36 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post

Hi,

 
Thanks for the link Hodgjy, definately worth some considertion.
 
@MacedonianHero, have you tried the Schiit Lyr with the T1s? Any comments would be welcome.
I guess the Lyr is best paired with the LCDs/HF6s.
I was wondering if the Bifrost/Lyr may be good with the T1 and also good with my LCD2(Rev1)s? Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

My 2 cents would be go for a neutral DAC...you can tune later to your preferences with some tube rolling later. A warm-ish dac, might not be ideal for other headphones down the road. M

 

 

The Lyr is pretty good with the T1s, but not on the same level with the WA2 (and proper tubes) IMO. I haven't heard the Bifrost yet.
 

 

post #37 of 135

T1 + WA2 is awesome. haven't listened to my WA6SE, the setup still has its shortcomings, but is very very close to being perfect and perhaps an endgame rig for me now.

post #38 of 135

I have not heard one person say the WA2 + T1 was anything less than sonic bliss.  I've never heard anything bad.  In fact, some claim that T1 sounds the best it possibly can on the WA2.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

T1 + WA2 is awesome. haven't listened to my WA6SE, the setup still has its shortcomings, but is very very close to being perfect and perhaps an endgame rig for me now.



 

post #39 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

I have not heard one person say the WA2 + T1 was anything less than sonic bliss.  I've never heard anything bad.  In fact, some claim that T1 sounds the best it possibly can on the WA2.
 



 



It's damn good IMO and just almost as good as the WA22 with the T1s. That's saying a lot. The price of the WA22 with tubes I'm running is more than 2X the price of the WA2.

post #40 of 135

i do love my WA2/T1 combo and thats with stock tubes, can't wait to hear my sylvania 7236 when they arrive.

post #41 of 135

Just taken the plunge and ordered the Bifrost (+ Asgard for now ). 1 week back order on the Bifrost at the moment so I'm not the only one taking the plunge this Christmas!

@ Macedonian Hero- I  read Skylabs review of the Bifrost and he states he feels it is neutral so I've decided to go for it. The Asgard will be my general purpose SS amp to try as part of my first full sized rig. I hope it offers more over my CLAS/RxMkII.
Once I've assessed these my plan is to get the T1s and the WA2. I may even throw a Lyr in for the LCD2s! OMG how exciting!
Thanks all for your guidance!
post #42 of 135

the way i see it.

 

unless you're willing to spend money on something more costly like the WA22 or some other high end amp, you need the WA2 with the T1. its like a must to get the most out of the T1, its just that good.

post #43 of 135

But how many other amps have you tried with the T1? That is a pretty bold statement.

post #44 of 135

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm getting the most out of my T1 with my not-so-expensive solid state amp as well. Besides, I think at least 20% of the cost of a Woo amp goes to the exterior... That said, I'd still love to hear it through a Woo tube amp like the WA2 some day!


Edited by RazorJack - 12/30/11 at 12:15pm
post #45 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorJack View Post

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm getting the most out of my T1 with my not-so-expensive solid state amp as well. Besides, I think at least 20% of the cost of a Woo amp goes to the exterior... That said, I'd still love to hear it through a Woo tube amp like the WA2 some day!


I would agree that you pay extra for the exterior of a Woo amp, but I think it is worth it.  They keep there value better in my opinion.  That is why I'm buying another Woo amp.

 

I have only head good things about WA2 and the Concerto with the T1.  I'm sure some people dislike those combinations, but it is usually they like them something else better.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1