Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1 - Page 2

post #16 of 157

I love the T1 with the A1 amplifier from beyerdynamic http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyer-dynamic-a1-headphone-amplifier . For me, it´s a perfect match, since the A1 can easily drive the T1´s 600 ohm Tesla driver. Priced less than $900 http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/headphones-amps/a1-charcoal-grey-1.html

post #17 of 157

Anyone else have input on this? Just ordered my T1 earlier today. Very excited!

post #18 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post


This is a terrific pairing, IMHO.  The Decware CSP-2 is also a terrific amp with the T1.  If you prefer solid state, the aforementioned Meier Audio Concerto is a great choice.



Everything you need here IMO for amp recommendations in the OP's price range (WA2, CSP-2 or Concerto if you want SS).

post #19 of 157



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post

Anyone else have input on this? Just ordered my T1 earlier today. Very excited!



I love the sound combination of my Harman Kardon HD970 CDP  >  Meier Cantate2  > T1; detailed, crisp, musical, and dead silent noise floor.  With upgraditis setting in, I have my eye on a Meier Corda Classic (more of the Cantate and similar to the Concerto) however the Violectric HPA V200 seems like another excellent SS choice.

 

 

V200InsideF.jpg

 

post #20 of 157

The CSP2+ looks very nice and is near the top of my list, but I think I may go with solid state. Corda Classic is one I have been eyeing. Will look into the V200.

 

I was even thinking about the Beyerdynamic A1. It might not be the best amp for the price, but I hear it works very well with Beyer's headphones.

post #21 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post

The CSP2+ looks very nice and is near the top of my list, but I think I may go with solid state. Corda Classic is one I have been eyeing. Will look into the V200.

 

I was even thinking about the Beyerdynamic A1. It might not be the best amp for the price, but I hear it works very well with Beyer's headphones.


I have heard the A1/T1 combination and owned the Concerto, I'd take the WA2/T1 any day of the week over the other two in the same price range. Just my experiences.

 

post #22 of 157

Okay, but why?

post #23 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post

Okay, but why?


The T1s came alive with my (now sold) WA2 (TS5998 power tubes, CV2492 Mullard driver tubes, EZ80 Telefunken rectifier tubes). In comparison with the SS amps, the T1s came off a bit "dry" and uninspiring.

 

post #24 of 157

But what do you mean by these words? How did it come alive? What "improved" to your ears?

 

I love my Q701 with my M-Stage. I know some people consider the K/Q701 to be on the dry side. Perhaps I even like dry?

 

Obviously this will end up being all preference, but I ask these questions because I do not really have the opportunity to test all these combinations unless I just buy every amp I think might be a good fit and A/B them myself. That'd be a bit costly, haha.

post #25 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post

But what do you mean by these words? How did it come alive? What "improved" to your ears?

 

I love my Q701 with my M-Stage. I know some people consider the K/Q701 to be on the dry side. Perhaps I even like dry?

 

Obviously this will end up being all preference, but I ask these questions because I do not really have the opportunity to test all these combinations unless I just buy every amp I think might be a good fit and A/B them myself. That'd be a bit costly, haha.

 

The dynamics improved, the bass was fuller and more well...dynamic. The mids were more liquid and the treble was very well controlled without being "screetchy". I also found the sound staging/imaging better. Honestly, for around $1k, the WA2 or CSP-2 are two of the best options for the T1s that I know of.
 

 

post #26 of 157

Fair enough. CSP2+ remains near or at the top of my list. First I will see how the T1 goes with the M-Stage, and then I'll have to decide which direction to go in from there. Would you say the mentioned tube amps do their job without adding too much color to the sound? Thanks a lot.

post #27 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post

Fair enough. CSP2+ remains near or at the top of my list. First I will see how the T1 goes with the M-Stage, and then I'll have to decide which direction to go in from there. Would you say the mentioned tube amps do their job without adding too much color to the sound? Thanks a lot.


With tube amps, it depends on the circuit topography and the tubes you use.

 

post #28 of 157

Thanks for sharing your experiences.I don't mean to at all discredit you, but I generally only hear the opinions of a few users regarding T1 amps on this forum. Would be nice to have input from other users about the T1.

 

 Does anyone else have an opinion on this topic? 

post #29 of 157

yes. the WA2 and T1 combo is REALLY good.. definitely a way better combo than the WA6SE (however, you wouldn't go wrong getting either one). the WA6SE has brighter sound when paired with the T1 versus the warmer more intimate sounding WA2. i have both amps and had i not heard the other, i would of been happy with either combination.

post #30 of 157

I haven't had the chance to try the Woo but the chemistry of the Beyer A1 & T1 combo are interesting. It drives the T1 effortlessly and brings out the details and staging.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1