- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/12/13 at 4:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 3post #31 of 9412/14/10 at 9:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 9412/14/10 at 9:52am
Having had the E9 for several days now and having listened to it using 600ohm cans I believe that it would no issue providing the HD800s with enough power. As far as the sound from this combo it is really going to come down to the phones themselves. The E9 is about as transparent an amp that I have heard regardless of price. In other words the amp itself really doesnt have "a sound" so to speak. If you feel a particular set of phones is dark they will continue to sound dark with the E9 just as if you feel a particular set of phones sound bright they will continue to sound bright. Whatever coloration or alteration in the reproduction will be a result of the headphones that you are listening to. So if you have read reviews that describe the sound signature of the HD800 and you believe that you would like that sound signature then the E9 will do nothing to change it. I hope this helps in some way.
-Chrispost #33 of 9412/14/10 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #34 of 941/13/11 at 2:52am
Even i am wondering if anyone has tried the Fiio E7/E9 with Sennheiser HD800. I have just ordered the HD800 and have the E7/E9 in my stable.. Will try them out soon but i dont have anything else to compare..post #35 of 941/13/11 at 4:51amThread StarterQuote:
Great, when the HD 800 arrives, please share your impressions.post #36 of 941/13/11 at 4:56ampost #37 of 941/13/11 at 10:13pmpost #38 of 941/13/11 at 10:26pmQuote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.post #39 of 941/14/11 at 11:52amThread Starterpost #40 of 941/14/11 at 12:06pmpost #41 of 941/14/11 at 12:13pmThread Starterpost #42 of 942/13/11 at 4:29pmpost #43 of 942/13/11 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #44 of 942/14/11 at 12:08am
Too bad, since the E9 had such an affordable price.
Did you find other alternatives around the same price range?post #45 of 942/14/11 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Riku540Quote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.
What were the $500-600 amps that were outperformed by E9?
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 21 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Budget can for movies 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for OVER ear cans for mostly jazz. 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 0780725519 abortion clinics in... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › My DIY headphone tube amps 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude