- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 3post #31 of 9412/14/10 at 9:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 9412/14/10 at 9:52am
Having had the E9 for several days now and having listened to it using 600ohm cans I believe that it would no issue providing the HD800s with enough power. As far as the sound from this combo it is really going to come down to the phones themselves. The E9 is about as transparent an amp that I have heard regardless of price. In other words the amp itself really doesnt have "a sound" so to speak. If you feel a particular set of phones is dark they will continue to sound dark with the E9 just as if you feel a particular set of phones sound bright they will continue to sound bright. Whatever coloration or alteration in the reproduction will be a result of the headphones that you are listening to. So if you have read reviews that describe the sound signature of the HD800 and you believe that you would like that sound signature then the E9 will do nothing to change it. I hope this helps in some way.
-Chrispost #33 of 9412/14/10 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #34 of 941/13/11 at 2:52am
Even i am wondering if anyone has tried the Fiio E7/E9 with Sennheiser HD800. I have just ordered the HD800 and have the E7/E9 in my stable.. Will try them out soon but i dont have anything else to compare..post #35 of 941/13/11 at 4:51amThread StarterQuote:
Great, when the HD 800 arrives, please share your impressions.post #36 of 941/13/11 at 4:56ampost #37 of 941/13/11 at 10:13pmpost #38 of 941/13/11 at 10:26pmQuote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.post #39 of 941/14/11 at 11:52amThread Starterpost #40 of 941/14/11 at 12:06pmpost #41 of 941/14/11 at 12:13pmThread Starterpost #42 of 942/13/11 at 4:29pmpost #43 of 942/13/11 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #44 of 942/14/11 at 12:08am
Too bad, since the E9 had such an affordable price.
Did you find other alternatives around the same price range?post #45 of 942/14/11 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Riku540Quote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.
What were the $500-600 amps that were outperformed by E9?
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › WASAPI in general causes lag 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › k1000 owners club 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK300 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...