- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 3post #31 of 9412/14/10 at 9:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 9412/14/10 at 9:52am
Having had the E9 for several days now and having listened to it using 600ohm cans I believe that it would no issue providing the HD800s with enough power. As far as the sound from this combo it is really going to come down to the phones themselves. The E9 is about as transparent an amp that I have heard regardless of price. In other words the amp itself really doesnt have "a sound" so to speak. If you feel a particular set of phones is dark they will continue to sound dark with the E9 just as if you feel a particular set of phones sound bright they will continue to sound bright. Whatever coloration or alteration in the reproduction will be a result of the headphones that you are listening to. So if you have read reviews that describe the sound signature of the HD800 and you believe that you would like that sound signature then the E9 will do nothing to change it. I hope this helps in some way.
-Chrispost #33 of 9412/14/10 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #34 of 941/13/11 at 2:52am
Even i am wondering if anyone has tried the Fiio E7/E9 with Sennheiser HD800. I have just ordered the HD800 and have the E7/E9 in my stable.. Will try them out soon but i dont have anything else to compare..post #35 of 941/13/11 at 4:51amThread StarterQuote:
Great, when the HD 800 arrives, please share your impressions.post #36 of 941/13/11 at 4:56ampost #37 of 941/13/11 at 10:13pmpost #38 of 941/13/11 at 10:26pmQuote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.post #39 of 941/14/11 at 11:52amThread Starterpost #40 of 941/14/11 at 12:06pmpost #41 of 941/14/11 at 12:13pmThread Starterpost #42 of 942/13/11 at 4:29pmpost #43 of 942/13/11 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #44 of 942/14/11 at 12:08am
Too bad, since the E9 had such an affordable price.
Did you find other alternatives around the same price range?post #45 of 942/14/11 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Riku540Quote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.
What were the $500-600 amps that were outperformed by E9?
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 45 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 4 minutes ago
- › Most to least influencial factor towards sound signature 6 minutes ago
- › my first imprsssion in kinera ba05 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear