- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 3post #31 of 9412/14/10 at 9:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 9412/14/10 at 9:52am
Having had the E9 for several days now and having listened to it using 600ohm cans I believe that it would no issue providing the HD800s with enough power. As far as the sound from this combo it is really going to come down to the phones themselves. The E9 is about as transparent an amp that I have heard regardless of price. In other words the amp itself really doesnt have "a sound" so to speak. If you feel a particular set of phones is dark they will continue to sound dark with the E9 just as if you feel a particular set of phones sound bright they will continue to sound bright. Whatever coloration or alteration in the reproduction will be a result of the headphones that you are listening to. So if you have read reviews that describe the sound signature of the HD800 and you believe that you would like that sound signature then the E9 will do nothing to change it. I hope this helps in some way.
-Chrispost #33 of 9412/14/10 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #34 of 941/13/11 at 2:52am
Even i am wondering if anyone has tried the Fiio E7/E9 with Sennheiser HD800. I have just ordered the HD800 and have the E7/E9 in my stable.. Will try them out soon but i dont have anything else to compare..post #35 of 941/13/11 at 4:51amThread StarterQuote:
Great, when the HD 800 arrives, please share your impressions.post #36 of 941/13/11 at 4:56ampost #37 of 941/13/11 at 10:13pmpost #38 of 941/13/11 at 10:26pmQuote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.post #39 of 941/14/11 at 11:52amThread Starterpost #40 of 941/14/11 at 12:06pmpost #41 of 941/14/11 at 12:13pmThread Starterpost #42 of 942/13/11 at 4:29pmpost #43 of 942/13/11 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #44 of 942/14/11 at 12:08am
Too bad, since the E9 had such an affordable price.
Did you find other alternatives around the same price range?post #45 of 942/14/11 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Riku540Quote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.
What were the $500-600 amps that were outperformed by E9?
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 9 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 9 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 10 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 11 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse