- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 3post #31 of 9412/14/10 at 9:34amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 9412/14/10 at 9:52am
Having had the E9 for several days now and having listened to it using 600ohm cans I believe that it would no issue providing the HD800s with enough power. As far as the sound from this combo it is really going to come down to the phones themselves. The E9 is about as transparent an amp that I have heard regardless of price. In other words the amp itself really doesnt have "a sound" so to speak. If you feel a particular set of phones is dark they will continue to sound dark with the E9 just as if you feel a particular set of phones sound bright they will continue to sound bright. Whatever coloration or alteration in the reproduction will be a result of the headphones that you are listening to. So if you have read reviews that describe the sound signature of the HD800 and you believe that you would like that sound signature then the E9 will do nothing to change it. I hope this helps in some way.
-Chrispost #33 of 9412/14/10 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #34 of 941/13/11 at 2:52am
Even i am wondering if anyone has tried the Fiio E7/E9 with Sennheiser HD800. I have just ordered the HD800 and have the E7/E9 in my stable.. Will try them out soon but i dont have anything else to compare..post #35 of 941/13/11 at 4:51amThread StarterQuote:
Great, when the HD 800 arrives, please share your impressions.post #36 of 941/13/11 at 4:56ampost #37 of 941/13/11 at 10:13pmpost #38 of 941/13/11 at 10:26pmQuote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.post #39 of 941/14/11 at 11:52amThread Starterpost #40 of 941/14/11 at 12:06pmpost #41 of 941/14/11 at 12:13pmThread Starterpost #42 of 942/13/11 at 4:29pmpost #43 of 942/13/11 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #44 of 942/14/11 at 12:08am
Too bad, since the E9 had such an affordable price.
Did you find other alternatives around the same price range?post #45 of 942/14/11 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Riku540Quote:
$129 amp. And price =/= quality (I.E. Beats, Bose). The E9 has been compared to, and even outperformed other amps that are in the $500-$600 range. If you had heard the E9 this would immediately become apparent. This is what FiiO is known for.
What were the $500-600 amps that were outperformed by E9?
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E17 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900? 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney Fi-Fest! 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH940 and Beats Pro Potential Driver Swap 6 minutes ago
- › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 &... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)