- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 2post #16 of 9411/30/10 at 1:33amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9411/30/10 at 11:49ampost #18 of 9411/30/10 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #19 of 9411/30/10 at 12:25pm
The E9 stays pretty true to the source and headphone, so if you find the K70X too bright, the E9 isn't gonna hide this fact. You will get pretty much the idea of the HD800s signature with little to no coloration.
I personally found the K701 too bright for my taste with the E9. It was fed with plenty of power, but the brightness just didn't do it for me. Not the fault of the E9. I just didn't like the K701 for music.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/30/10 at 12:29pmpost #20 of 9411/30/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #21 of 9412/1/10 at 10:13ampost #22 of 9412/1/10 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #23 of 9412/1/10 at 1:58pmpost #24 of 9412/1/10 at 2:03pmpost #25 of 9412/1/10 at 11:01pmThread Starterpost #26 of 9412/2/10 at 6:04ampost #27 of 9412/2/10 at 6:10amThread StarterQuote:
Talking to me?
Depends on how you define "portable", but yes I don't want to have the feeling of being "stranded" inside my house in my living room. No matter how expensive, heavy or leaky a headphone is, it's still a headphone.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:14ampost #28 of 9412/2/10 at 6:13amThread StarterQuote:
When my budget has recovered, I wont be buying an SS amp, I'll probably buy a high-end tube amp.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:15ampost #29 of 9412/13/10 at 8:02amThread Starterpost #30 of 9412/13/10 at 9:04amThread Starter
If not, since the E9 is told to be very transparent, can anyone with experience using the 800 with a transparent headphone amp tell me EXACTLY how that sounds? Would help me a lot...
Edited by Lan647 - 12/13/10 at 9:06am
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE215 vs MEE audio Pinnacle P1 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 6 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...