- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 2post #16 of 9411/30/10 at 1:33amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9411/30/10 at 11:49ampost #18 of 9411/30/10 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #19 of 9411/30/10 at 12:25pm
The E9 stays pretty true to the source and headphone, so if you find the K70X too bright, the E9 isn't gonna hide this fact. You will get pretty much the idea of the HD800s signature with little to no coloration.
I personally found the K701 too bright for my taste with the E9. It was fed with plenty of power, but the brightness just didn't do it for me. Not the fault of the E9. I just didn't like the K701 for music.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/30/10 at 12:29pmpost #20 of 9411/30/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #21 of 9412/1/10 at 10:13ampost #22 of 9412/1/10 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #23 of 9412/1/10 at 1:58pmpost #24 of 9412/1/10 at 2:03pmpost #25 of 9412/1/10 at 11:01pmThread Starterpost #26 of 9412/2/10 at 6:04ampost #27 of 9412/2/10 at 6:10amThread StarterQuote:
Talking to me?
Depends on how you define "portable", but yes I don't want to have the feeling of being "stranded" inside my house in my living room. No matter how expensive, heavy or leaky a headphone is, it's still a headphone.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:14ampost #28 of 9412/2/10 at 6:13amThread StarterQuote:
When my budget has recovered, I wont be buying an SS amp, I'll probably buy a high-end tube amp.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:15ampost #29 of 9412/13/10 at 8:02amThread Starterpost #30 of 9412/13/10 at 9:04amThread Starter
If not, since the E9 is told to be very transparent, can anyone with experience using the 800 with a transparent headphone amp tell me EXACTLY how that sounds? Would help me a lot...
Edited by Lan647 - 12/13/10 at 9:06am
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 56 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The custom art Harmony 8.2 European demo tour 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO K1--smaller and better for less 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear