- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E9 stays pretty true to the source and headphone, so if you find the K70X too bright, the E9 isn't gonna hide this fact. You will get pretty much the idea of the HD800s signature with little to no coloration.
I personally found the K701 too bright for my taste with the E9. It was fed with plenty of power, but the brightness just didn't do it for me. Not the fault of the E9. I just didn't like the K701 for music.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/30/10 at 12:29pm
Talking to me?
Depends on how you define "portable", but yes I don't want to have the feeling of being "stranded" inside my house in my living room. No matter how expensive, heavy or leaky a headphone is, it's still a headphone.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:14am
When my budget has recovered, I wont be buying an SS amp, I'll probably buy a high-end tube amp.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:15am
If not, since the E9 is told to be very transparent, can anyone with experience using the 800 with a transparent headphone amp tell me EXACTLY how that sounds? Would help me a lot...
Edited by Lan647 - 12/13/10 at 9:06am
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 2 minutes ago
- › HI fi is so damn addictive ! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR325is MINT, original box and warranty, with Leather case,... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 4 minutes ago
- › are dacs easy to use? 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)