- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 2post #16 of 9411/30/10 at 1:33amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9411/30/10 at 11:49ampost #18 of 9411/30/10 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #19 of 9411/30/10 at 12:25pm
The E9 stays pretty true to the source and headphone, so if you find the K70X too bright, the E9 isn't gonna hide this fact. You will get pretty much the idea of the HD800s signature with little to no coloration.
I personally found the K701 too bright for my taste with the E9. It was fed with plenty of power, but the brightness just didn't do it for me. Not the fault of the E9. I just didn't like the K701 for music.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/30/10 at 12:29pmpost #20 of 9411/30/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #21 of 9412/1/10 at 10:13ampost #22 of 9412/1/10 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #23 of 9412/1/10 at 1:58pmpost #24 of 9412/1/10 at 2:03pmpost #25 of 9412/1/10 at 11:01pmThread Starterpost #26 of 9412/2/10 at 6:04ampost #27 of 9412/2/10 at 6:10amThread StarterQuote:
Talking to me?
Depends on how you define "portable", but yes I don't want to have the feeling of being "stranded" inside my house in my living room. No matter how expensive, heavy or leaky a headphone is, it's still a headphone.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:14ampost #28 of 9412/2/10 at 6:13amThread StarterQuote:
When my budget has recovered, I wont be buying an SS amp, I'll probably buy a high-end tube amp.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:15ampost #29 of 9412/13/10 at 8:02amThread Starterpost #30 of 9412/13/10 at 9:04amThread Starter
If not, since the E9 is told to be very transparent, can anyone with experience using the 800 with a transparent headphone amp tell me EXACTLY how that sounds? Would help me a lot...
Edited by Lan647 - 12/13/10 at 9:06am
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Audio-GD NFB-15 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Reference headphones with adequate bass response 8 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...