- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Millet starving student hybrid amp/Fiio e9 questions Last post on 6/19/12 at 3:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's? - Page 2post #16 of 9411/30/10 at 1:33amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9411/30/10 at 11:49ampost #18 of 9411/30/10 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #19 of 9411/30/10 at 12:25pm
The E9 stays pretty true to the source and headphone, so if you find the K70X too bright, the E9 isn't gonna hide this fact. You will get pretty much the idea of the HD800s signature with little to no coloration.
I personally found the K701 too bright for my taste with the E9. It was fed with plenty of power, but the brightness just didn't do it for me. Not the fault of the E9. I just didn't like the K701 for music.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/30/10 at 12:29pmpost #20 of 9411/30/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #21 of 9412/1/10 at 10:13ampost #22 of 9412/1/10 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #23 of 9412/1/10 at 1:58pmpost #24 of 9412/1/10 at 2:03pmpost #25 of 9412/1/10 at 11:01pmThread Starterpost #26 of 9412/2/10 at 6:04ampost #27 of 9412/2/10 at 6:10amThread StarterQuote:
Talking to me?
Depends on how you define "portable", but yes I don't want to have the feeling of being "stranded" inside my house in my living room. No matter how expensive, heavy or leaky a headphone is, it's still a headphone.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:14ampost #28 of 9412/2/10 at 6:13amThread StarterQuote:
When my budget has recovered, I wont be buying an SS amp, I'll probably buy a high-end tube amp.
Edited by Lan647 - 12/2/10 at 6:15ampost #29 of 9412/13/10 at 8:02amThread Starterpost #30 of 9412/13/10 at 9:04amThread Starter
If not, since the E9 is told to be very transparent, can anyone with experience using the 800 with a transparent headphone amp tell me EXACTLY how that sounds? Would help me a lot...
Edited by Lan647 - 12/13/10 at 9:06am
- Fiio E9, enough for the HD 800's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Grado e Series 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 49 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › IEMs that are way low priced for it's sonic quality 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New Sealed Shure SE535 Bronze 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 19 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)