I've searched the forums and it seems that most or everyone that owns the Protector has come to the conclusion that the Senn HD600"s are the best full size headphones for Ray's balanced portable amp, I also understand that Ray designed the amp to have good synergy with the 600's but has anyone tried any other full sized headphone with the Protector in balanced mode?
Related Forum Threads
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
Balanced headphones for RS Protectorpost #1 of 411/20/10 at 11:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/20/10 at 3:18pm
I got my Audio Technica ES10's recabled balanced for the protector and although everything is far from being burned in I am quite enjoying them. Although the ES10's are technically portable they have bigger drivers than the ESW-9's and they behave very much like a full sized set of cans. Since recabling them the soundstage is wider and the bass is more controlled.post #3 of 411/20/10 at 3:22pmI have the TWag adapter for my balanced headphones and basically, the Protector sounds almost as good as my Apache running balance with any of the balanced headphones. His latest balanced due out later this year possibly(SR-71b) would be the ultimate portable balance as it can drive any balamce headphones including the HE-6.post #4 of 412/20/10 at 4:28am
The Grado RS-1 reterminated to with a protector plug has never sounded better when using the Protector with it. I always wanted that extra little fullness/richness and a little more low end when I listened to them. The protector was able to deliver those things.
- Balanced headphones for RS Protector
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Please Recommend A USB DAC For My 13" MacBook Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Shaving, gents 8 minutes ago
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)