I've searched the forums and it seems that most or everyone that owns the Protector has come to the conclusion that the Senn HD600"s are the best full size headphones for Ray's balanced portable amp, I also understand that Ray designed the amp to have good synergy with the 600's but has anyone tried any other full sized headphone with the Protector in balanced mode?
Related Forum Threads
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
Balanced headphones for RS Protectorpost #1 of 411/20/10 at 11:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/20/10 at 3:18pm
I got my Audio Technica ES10's recabled balanced for the protector and although everything is far from being burned in I am quite enjoying them. Although the ES10's are technically portable they have bigger drivers than the ESW-9's and they behave very much like a full sized set of cans. Since recabling them the soundstage is wider and the bass is more controlled.post #3 of 411/20/10 at 3:22pmI have the TWag adapter for my balanced headphones and basically, the Protector sounds almost as good as my Apache running balance with any of the balanced headphones. His latest balanced due out later this year possibly(SR-71b) would be the ultimate portable balance as it can drive any balamce headphones including the HE-6.post #4 of 412/20/10 at 4:28am
The Grado RS-1 reterminated to with a protector plug has never sounded better when using the Protector with it. I always wanted that extra little fullness/richness and a little more low end when I listened to them. The protector was able to deliver those things.
- Balanced headphones for RS Protector
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 just now
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 10 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003i (With remote) Made in Austria, With extra tips 24 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 38 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse