I've searched the forums and it seems that most or everyone that owns the Protector has come to the conclusion that the Senn HD600"s are the best full size headphones for Ray's balanced portable amp, I also understand that Ray designed the amp to have good synergy with the 600's but has anyone tried any other full sized headphone with the Protector in balanced mode?
Related Forum Threads
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Balanced headphones for RS Protectorpost #1 of 411/20/10 at 11:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/20/10 at 3:18pm
I got my Audio Technica ES10's recabled balanced for the protector and although everything is far from being burned in I am quite enjoying them. Although the ES10's are technically portable they have bigger drivers than the ESW-9's and they behave very much like a full sized set of cans. Since recabling them the soundstage is wider and the bass is more controlled.post #3 of 411/20/10 at 3:22pmI have the TWag adapter for my balanced headphones and basically, the Protector sounds almost as good as my Apache running balance with any of the balanced headphones. His latest balanced due out later this year possibly(SR-71b) would be the ultimate portable balance as it can drive any balamce headphones including the HE-6.post #4 of 412/20/10 at 4:28am
The Grado RS-1 reterminated to with a protector plug has never sounded better when using the Protector with it. I always wanted that extra little fullness/richness and a little more low end when I listened to them. The protector was able to deliver those things.
- Balanced headphones for RS Protector
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 second ago
- › Eating burger with fork and knife? 2 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 10 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 56 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › AKG K550 Black, used but in very good condition 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)