Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread - Page 61

post #901 of 1115

Hey hyunsac,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunsac View Post

Hey peeps, don't post too often here but add me to the club. Just bought a 1 year old Dacmini with +10 gain and Variable output for $700.  Not bad eh? Pairing it up with an HE-500, all arriving later this week. Super excited. My other rig is an HD650 + dacport. Eager to see how the Dacmini compares to the Dacport as well as the HE-500 and HD650. 

 

You did well - I'm looking forward to your DACmini CX vs. DACport comparison.  Look for any difference in signature, aside from a difference in power-related traits.  smile.gif

 

Mike

post #902 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinharis View Post

Thank you for your insight, it is going to be Dacmini - mjolnir - LCD3 then

 

That should do the trick!  Sweet!

post #903 of 1115

Has anyone experiencing issue with the USB connection keeps coming loose on Dacmini? I noticed that the USB type B input on the back does not secure the cable very well. The power connector also not secured, I am not sure if I have pushed the cables all the way in but I am don't want to force it.

post #904 of 1115

Both USB and power connectors aren't loose on mine. Try pushing them in further , don't think you'll break it lol.

post #905 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIJOE848 View Post

Has anyone experiencing issue with the USB connection keeps coming loose on Dacmini? I noticed that the USB type B input on the back does not secure the cable very well. The power connector also not secured, I am not sure if I have pushed the cables all the way in but I am don't want to force it.
same here, can never push them all the way in and I really don't think I can
post #906 of 1115

Dacmini arrived today and driving my powered monitors. Knob at 7:30 for full volume. Wow, I've had the dacport and dacmagic for a few years, but this is noticeably better. Super high resolution, you can hear all the textures, light and airy but full bodied, immerses you into the music. Love this so far. HE-500s coming monday and HD650's at work so headphones will have to wait. This little thing is pretty amazing.

post #907 of 1115

Did anyone consider the Asus Xonar Essence One (standard or Muses) before getting the DACmini?  I'm looking for an all-in-one solution.  I'm leaning towards the DACmini since it has the features I want and I like the form factor.  Thanks.

post #908 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunsac View Post

Dacmini arrived today and driving my powered monitors. Knob at 7:30 for full volume. Wow, I've had the dacport and dacmagic for a few years, but this is noticeably better. Super high resolution, you can hear all the textures, light and airy but full bodied, immerses you into the music. Love this so far. HE-500s coming monday and HD650's at work so headphones will have to wait. This little thing is pretty amazing.

 

Yay!

post #909 of 1115
Any recommendation on regular vs."high gain" mod for use with the latest revision LCD-2's?

I would also like to be able to use CIEM's with the Dacmini so maybe the standard gain is best?

Thanks for any thoughts, etc..
post #910 of 1115

Hey Everyone,

 

We have a small quantity of B-stock DACmini for just $549.95!

*These B-stock units sound and operate the same as stock units*


B-Stock units may have small cosmetic imperfections, such as a nick in the aluminum chassis. They are fully inspected at our US factory and carry full warranty. Get them while they are available!

http://www.centrance.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16174

post #911 of 1115

That's a good deal!

 

I feel like I should buy a "backup" unit and put it in the closet.

 

redface.gif

 

Mike

post #912 of 1115

I have a stock DACmini (8x gain and 10-ohm output impedance) and it's a bit too loud for my Westone ES5 once you're past the channel imbalances. Also you can hear hiss.

 

The LCD-2's were great though. Don't think you'll need high gain mod unless you listen very loud.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

Any recommendation on regular vs."high gain" mod for use with the latest revision LCD-2's?

I would also like to be able to use CIEM's with the Dacmini so maybe the standard gain is best?

Thanks for any thoughts, etc..
post #913 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

I have a stock DACmini (8x gain and 10-ohm output impedance) and it's a bit too loud for my Westone ES5 once you're past the channel imbalances. Also you can hear hiss.

The LCD-2's were great though. Don't think you'll need high gain mod unless you listen very loud.
Cool....Thanks for the input.
Edited by thegrobe - 4/3/13 at 2:50pm
post #914 of 1115
Originally Posted by Ksef10 View Post

Hey Everyone,

 

We have a small quantity of B-stock DACmini for just $549.95!

*These B-stock units sound and operate the same as stock units*


B-Stock units may have small cosmetic imperfections, such as a nick in the aluminum chassis. They are fully inspected at our US factory and carry full warranty. Get them while they are available!

http://www.centrance.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16174

 

Can Custom Mods be applied to these units?

post #915 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

Hmm, I found the T1, Dac-mini combo too be a bit too bright ... Anyone feel the same way?

 

Slightly, yeah I'd agree.  Same with HD800, not bad, but not quite optimal synergy since the HD800 can occasionally be fatiguing without just the right amp.  With everything else DACmini is quite good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread