Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread - Page 56

post #826 of 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by redchoco View Post

 

Amp for desktop. Especially for HE-500.

I have many portable headphones but, I think they are good enough without amp.


You will probably want to go with DACmini then. Although if your HE-500 are balanced, then M8 will be useful for that

post #827 of 1143

Hey Everyone,

We bring you even more good news! Black Chassis upgrades for our DACmini CX are free while supplies last. Just add the mod to your cart in our store when purchasing a DACmini.

 

-Kenny

post #828 of 1143

Hey guys...

 

So I've been eyeballing the DacMini for a while. I've never quite been able to pull the trigger because I'm just not sure the price is worth it in my particular situation (i.e. where I already have a modest DAC and amp that I like). I am still trying to make a decision, but in the meantime I wanted to tell you how impressed I am with the customer service. 
 

several months ago I had an email exchange with Michael Goodman of Centrance and I was really impressed with his candor, as well as his background and experience. Well, last night I sent an email off to the company to ask a follow up question about the recent price changes, and this guy sent me a response at like midnight lol. I tend to email companies when Im in the research phase, and Im pretty happy when I just get a response the next business day. This is the first time that I sent a message off late at night and got a response a few minutes later. And on top of that, it was the main guy himself taking the time to do that. 

 

Additionally, there was no hard sell at all. He seemed genuinely eager to help me with my questions, while also remaining confident in his product and its ability to meet my needs. I don't expect him to be up answering emails at midnight all the time, of course, but I have to say that this did leave a very positive impression on me. With all the crap customer service out there, it's nice to see someone who gets it done on the other end of the quality spectrum. 

 

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure I'll be a customer in the near future. 

 

(Of course, there is also the chance that Michael Goodman is a vampire, which would make this experience less impressive in terms of the customer service, but score a lot of points in terms of awesomeness.)


Edited by Focker - 11/2/12 at 8:42pm
post #829 of 1143
What do you say to that? -- Thanks for the positive vibe, man! We live for this stuff.
post #830 of 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodman View Post

What do you say to that? -- Thanks for the positive vibe, man! We live for this stuff.

 

I was trying to keep your night owl proclivities a secret so that you could be more productive when you can't sleep.  The secret is out now.  Vampire it is.

post #831 of 1143
I was wondering if anyone has tried the dacmini with either the AKGQ701 or the sennheiser HD700/HD800
post #832 of 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post

I was wondering if anyone has tried the dacmini with either the AKGQ701 or the sennheiser HD700/HD800

 

I have hd800 with DACmini. I won't say it's perfect. But it sounds pretty good to me.

Very detail, fairly wide, and also no harsh at all in my point of view.

 

I just start headphile, so I might be wrong. But at least I'm satisfied with hd800+DACmini combo.

post #833 of 1143
Just got a black dacmini for my birthday. They make my HE500 sound amazing
post #834 of 1143

This goes here

 

 

700

 

Really awesome sounding combo and it will probably keep me away from upgrades for a the next few years.

post #835 of 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by redchoco View Post

 

I have hd800 with DACmini. I won't say it's perfect. But it sounds pretty good to me.

Very detail, fairly wide, and also no harsh at all in my point of view.

 

I just start headphile, so I might be wrong. But at least I'm satisfied with hd800+DACmini combo.

 

I also think the HD800 and DACmini sounds pretty good.  However, over time I find the pairing to become a little fatiguing, for no clear reason.  But, If I feed a warmer sounding DAC into the DACmini, such as my original DACport, then the HD800 pairing is substantially better and I really really enjoy the amp section driving the HD800.

post #836 of 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffery View Post

This goes here

 

 

700

 

Really awesome sounding combo and it will probably keep me away from upgrades for a the next few years.

Becareful with putting the LCD-2s on top of the DACmini, scratches are more than imminent (from personal experience). L3000.gif

post #837 of 1143

When I paired the DACmini with the HD800, I did not find it satisfying and I always felt there was something missing. When I bought the Phonitor along and compared them side-by-side, I knew what I was missing the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

 

I also think the HD800 and DACmini sounds pretty good.  However, over time I find the pairing to become a little fatiguing, for no clear reason.  But, If I feed a warmer sounding DAC into the DACmini, such as my original DACport, then the HD800 pairing is substantially better and I really really enjoy the amp section driving the HD800.

I agree, changing the DAC can really help.

post #838 of 1143

> Originally Posted by Puffery View Post



> This goes here

 

Dear Puffery, may I have your permission to feature your picture on our website?

 

Michael

 

post #839 of 1143
Sure thing Michael that would be really cool.

I only placed it on top for the picture but yeah I'll watch out for scratches.
post #840 of 1143

Thank you!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread