And the Linear is nearly twice the price, with fewer connectivity options.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCEntrance DACminitagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 3/15/11
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 3/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful, underated amp: NJC Monitor II Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 5 gain B22 enough for he-6? Last post on 10/6/11 at 6:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- M-Stage & MS II+ vs CEntrance Dacmini Last post on 12/8/11 at 5:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State that is as powerful as the Schiit Lyr and in the same price range? Last post on 5/22/12 at 2:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread - Page 75post #1111 of 13507/5/14 at 1:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 13507/6/14 at 12:34ampost #1113 of 13507/11/14 at 1:44pm
Just agreed to purchase a dacmini cx, anxious to hear it, my previous dac experience has been audio gd 11.32, schiit Bifrost uber, and california audio labs alpha 16 bit...............I have been searching the net for weeks now daily every hour or so and finally settled on the centrance for a couple reasons
I liked the features of the centrance, stereophile has considered the centrance class A product for 3 years running, I keep hearing tubes used in the description of sound
I own a dedicated Tube headphone amp, and truly plan t use the centrance as a dediicated dac but I love the idea that I can use a battery to power this on the go if I need to and have an amp and dac in 1 unit
I would really like to hear anyones opinion of comparisons between the uber bifrost and the dac mini cxpost #1114 of 13507/11/14 at 2:58pmpost #1115 of 13507/11/14 at 3:12pmpost #1116 of 13507/11/14 at 3:14pm
While I haven't compared the Dacmini to the Bifrost(v1) directly, going from memory I liked the tonality of the Dacmini more. Granted, I've always found something slightly off in the tone of Schiit gear (not wrong, but doesn't quite jive with me), and again this is from memory so take with a heaping pile of salt.post #1117 of 13507/12/14 at 11:12pm
Yeah, wont sell mine!
I haven't touched my balanced Stello DA-100 and maxed WA6 in almost a year, so I decided I should sell them soon. They are great but waiting for the WA6 to warm up when I only have 20 minutes to listen is a pain, and while fantastic with the HD600, HD800, and D7000 or HF-2, I absolutely love the DACmini with my LCD-2 and HE-560.
All I use lately in my bedroom rig is my DACmini and HiFI-M8, and I'll never give those up. In my main rig in the family room I use my PS Audio Perfectwave DAC II with an Eddie Current ZDT, EF6, and KGBH stat amps. In my basement rig I have the Nuforce DAC-100 and HAP-100. That's really all I need, and makes me wonder why I need dozens of DACs and amps all around the house anymore.post #1118 of 13507/12/14 at 11:50pmQuote:
Because we have this compulsion... this sickness that makes us acquire more and more gear
I've been terribly contemplating an M8 to serve as dac for my Nuforce HA-200 monos. Any chance you've heard that combo?post #1119 of 13507/13/14 at 3:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
While I haven't compared the Dacmini to the Bifrost(v1) directly, going from memory I liked the tonality of the Dacmini more. Granted, I've always found something slightly off in the tone of Schiit gear (not wrong, but doesn't quite jive with me), and again this is from memory so take with a heaping pile of salt.
Thanks for the comparisons, I was kind of curious because they both use an AKM chip (different versions of the chips) and so was wondering if the would be somewhat close in signature
will find out soon I guesspost #1120 of 13507/17/14 at 6:44pmpost #1121 of 13507/17/14 at 10:01pmpost #1122 of 13507/18/14 at 6:40am
I hate to chime in on bad news, but my volume know has no "play" in it, either.
The good news is that CEntrance surely has among the best customer service out there.post #1123 of 13507/18/14 at 6:52amThanks for the feedback guys, I'll contact centrance about this.
Problem solved, opened the case and tightened the two hex screws securing the volume knob to the pot's spindle. Solid as a rock now and tracking has a nice resisted feel.
Edited by fallingreason - 7/18/14 at 3:42pmpost #1124 of 13507/23/14 at 12:52pm
My mini showed up today, I am about 1 hour in as a stand alone unit.................i am impressed with it so far, not blown away mind you, it sounds great as a stand alone. The amp signature is surprising I always expect a bit of high etch / grain with SS. so far I dont feel that here
The dac is pretty comparable with the Bifrost uber, as they both use AKM I was actually hoping this would be the case........................This is TONS AHEAD OF AUDIO GD 11.32, the amp is much better and the software is a no brainer, i also found the saber a tad bright / thin
this evening I will pare it with the Kenzie tube amp and see if it improves, frankly right now I am feeling I could live with the dac mini and he500 just finepost #1125 of 13507/23/14 at 2:32pm
Ok I have an issue
I want to hook this up so I can use it as a stand alone or as a dac only, this way I can go back and forth between amps, (tube and built in) what I am doing is hook up rca from the output to my external amp (external amp is off), plug headphones into the mini I get a nasty hum, pull the rca the hum goes away.
Plug phones into external amp power it on and I get no hum from the phones
I dont want and dont expect to have to plug in and remove RCA cables everytime I want to use externals
any ideas ???????
- CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 Uber 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 5 minutes ago
- › In ear travel question 6 minutes ago
- › Deciding between Dt770 pro 80 ohm, Dt990 pro, ATH-M50X 7 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 10 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 12 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...