And the Linear is nearly twice the price, with fewer connectivity options.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCEntrance DACminitagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 3/15/11
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 3/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful, underated amp: NJC Monitor II Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 5 gain B22 enough for he-6? Last post on 10/6/11 at 6:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- M-Stage & MS II+ vs CEntrance Dacmini Last post on 12/8/11 at 5:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State that is as powerful as the Schiit Lyr and in the same price range? Last post on 5/22/12 at 2:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread - Page 75post #1111 of 12577/5/14 at 1:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 12577/6/14 at 12:34ampost #1113 of 12577/11/14 at 1:44pm
Just agreed to purchase a dacmini cx, anxious to hear it, my previous dac experience has been audio gd 11.32, schiit Bifrost uber, and california audio labs alpha 16 bit...............I have been searching the net for weeks now daily every hour or so and finally settled on the centrance for a couple reasons
I liked the features of the centrance, stereophile has considered the centrance class A product for 3 years running, I keep hearing tubes used in the description of sound
I own a dedicated Tube headphone amp, and truly plan t use the centrance as a dediicated dac but I love the idea that I can use a battery to power this on the go if I need to and have an amp and dac in 1 unit
I would really like to hear anyones opinion of comparisons between the uber bifrost and the dac mini cxpost #1114 of 12577/11/14 at 2:58pmpost #1115 of 12577/11/14 at 3:12pmpost #1116 of 12577/11/14 at 3:14pm
While I haven't compared the Dacmini to the Bifrost(v1) directly, going from memory I liked the tonality of the Dacmini more. Granted, I've always found something slightly off in the tone of Schiit gear (not wrong, but doesn't quite jive with me), and again this is from memory so take with a heaping pile of salt.post #1117 of 12577/12/14 at 11:12pm
Yeah, wont sell mine!
I haven't touched my balanced Stello DA-100 and maxed WA6 in almost a year, so I decided I should sell them soon. They are great but waiting for the WA6 to warm up when I only have 20 minutes to listen is a pain, and while fantastic with the HD600, HD800, and D7000 or HF-2, I absolutely love the DACmini with my LCD-2 and HE-560.
All I use lately in my bedroom rig is my DACmini and HiFI-M8, and I'll never give those up. In my main rig in the family room I use my PS Audio Perfectwave DAC II with an Eddie Current ZDT, EF6, and KGBH stat amps. In my basement rig I have the Nuforce DAC-100 and HAP-100. That's really all I need, and makes me wonder why I need dozens of DACs and amps all around the house anymore.post #1118 of 12577/12/14 at 11:50pmQuote:
Because we have this compulsion... this sickness that makes us acquire more and more gear
I've been terribly contemplating an M8 to serve as dac for my Nuforce HA-200 monos. Any chance you've heard that combo?post #1119 of 12577/13/14 at 3:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
While I haven't compared the Dacmini to the Bifrost(v1) directly, going from memory I liked the tonality of the Dacmini more. Granted, I've always found something slightly off in the tone of Schiit gear (not wrong, but doesn't quite jive with me), and again this is from memory so take with a heaping pile of salt.
Thanks for the comparisons, I was kind of curious because they both use an AKM chip (different versions of the chips) and so was wondering if the would be somewhat close in signature
will find out soon I guesspost #1120 of 12577/17/14 at 6:44pmpost #1121 of 12577/17/14 at 10:01pmpost #1122 of 12577/18/14 at 6:40am
I hate to chime in on bad news, but my volume know has no "play" in it, either.
The good news is that CEntrance surely has among the best customer service out there.post #1123 of 12577/18/14 at 6:52amThanks for the feedback guys, I'll contact centrance about this.
Problem solved, opened the case and tightened the two hex screws securing the volume knob to the pot's spindle. Solid as a rock now and tracking has a nice resisted feel.
Edited by fallingreason - 7/18/14 at 3:42pmpost #1124 of 12577/23/14 at 12:52pm
My mini showed up today, I am about 1 hour in as a stand alone unit.................i am impressed with it so far, not blown away mind you, it sounds great as a stand alone. The amp signature is surprising I always expect a bit of high etch / grain with SS. so far I dont feel that here
The dac is pretty comparable with the Bifrost uber, as they both use AKM I was actually hoping this would be the case........................This is TONS AHEAD OF AUDIO GD 11.32, the amp is much better and the software is a no brainer, i also found the saber a tad bright / thin
this evening I will pare it with the Kenzie tube amp and see if it improves, frankly right now I am feeling I could live with the dac mini and he500 just finepost #1125 of 12577/23/14 at 2:32pm
Ok I have an issue
I want to hook this up so I can use it as a stand alone or as a dac only, this way I can go back and forth between amps, (tube and built in) what I am doing is hook up rca from the output to my external amp (external amp is off), plug headphones into the mini I get a nasty hum, pull the rca the hum goes away.
Plug phones into external amp power it on and I get no hum from the phones
I dont want and dont expect to have to plug in and remove RCA cables everytime I want to use externals
any ideas ???????
- CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 32 seconds ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 52 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 9 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 10 minutes ago
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3