And the Linear is nearly twice the price, with fewer connectivity options.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCEntrance DACminitagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 3/15/11
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 3/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Powerful, underated amp: NJC Monitor II Last post on 3/10/12 at 10:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 5 gain B22 enough for he-6? Last post on 10/6/11 at 6:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- M-Stage & MS II+ vs CEntrance Dacmini Last post on 12/8/11 at 5:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Solid State that is as powerful as the Schiit Lyr and in the same price range? Last post on 5/22/12 at 2:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread - Page 75post #1111 of 11427/5/14 at 1:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 11427/6/14 at 12:34ampost #1113 of 11427/11/14 at 1:44pm
Just agreed to purchase a dacmini cx, anxious to hear it, my previous dac experience has been audio gd 11.32, schiit Bifrost uber, and california audio labs alpha 16 bit...............I have been searching the net for weeks now daily every hour or so and finally settled on the centrance for a couple reasons
I liked the features of the centrance, stereophile has considered the centrance class A product for 3 years running, I keep hearing tubes used in the description of sound
I own a dedicated Tube headphone amp, and truly plan t use the centrance as a dediicated dac but I love the idea that I can use a battery to power this on the go if I need to and have an amp and dac in 1 unit
I would really like to hear anyones opinion of comparisons between the uber bifrost and the dac mini cxpost #1114 of 11427/11/14 at 2:58pmpost #1115 of 11427/11/14 at 3:12pmpost #1116 of 11427/11/14 at 3:14pm
While I haven't compared the Dacmini to the Bifrost(v1) directly, going from memory I liked the tonality of the Dacmini more. Granted, I've always found something slightly off in the tone of Schiit gear (not wrong, but doesn't quite jive with me), and again this is from memory so take with a heaping pile of salt.post #1117 of 11427/12/14 at 11:12pm
Yeah, wont sell mine!
I haven't touched my balanced Stello DA-100 and maxed WA6 in almost a year, so I decided I should sell them soon. They are great but waiting for the WA6 to warm up when I only have 20 minutes to listen is a pain, and while fantastic with the HD600, HD800, and D7000 or HF-2, I absolutely love the DACmini with my LCD-2 and HE-560.
All I use lately in my bedroom rig is my DACmini and HiFI-M8, and I'll never give those up. In my main rig in the family room I use my PS Audio Perfectwave DAC II with an Eddie Current ZDT, EF6, and KGBH stat amps. In my basement rig I have the Nuforce DAC-100 and HAP-100. That's really all I need, and makes me wonder why I need dozens of DACs and amps all around the house anymore.post #1118 of 11427/12/14 at 11:50pmQuote:
Because we have this compulsion... this sickness that makes us acquire more and more gear
I've been terribly contemplating an M8 to serve as dac for my Nuforce HA-200 monos. Any chance you've heard that combo?post #1119 of 11427/13/14 at 3:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
While I haven't compared the Dacmini to the Bifrost(v1) directly, going from memory I liked the tonality of the Dacmini more. Granted, I've always found something slightly off in the tone of Schiit gear (not wrong, but doesn't quite jive with me), and again this is from memory so take with a heaping pile of salt.
Thanks for the comparisons, I was kind of curious because they both use an AKM chip (different versions of the chips) and so was wondering if the would be somewhat close in signature
will find out soon I guesspost #1120 of 11427/17/14 at 6:44pmpost #1121 of 11427/17/14 at 10:01pmpost #1122 of 11427/18/14 at 6:40am
I hate to chime in on bad news, but my volume know has no "play" in it, either.
The good news is that CEntrance surely has among the best customer service out there.post #1123 of 11427/18/14 at 6:52amThanks for the feedback guys, I'll contact centrance about this.
Problem solved, opened the case and tightened the two hex screws securing the volume knob to the pot's spindle. Solid as a rock now and tracking has a nice resisted feel.
Edited by fallingreason - 7/18/14 at 3:42pmpost #1124 of 11427/23/14 at 12:52pm
My mini showed up today, I am about 1 hour in as a stand alone unit.................i am impressed with it so far, not blown away mind you, it sounds great as a stand alone. The amp signature is surprising I always expect a bit of high etch / grain with SS. so far I dont feel that here
The dac is pretty comparable with the Bifrost uber, as they both use AKM I was actually hoping this would be the case........................This is TONS AHEAD OF AUDIO GD 11.32, the amp is much better and the software is a no brainer, i also found the saber a tad bright / thin
this evening I will pare it with the Kenzie tube amp and see if it improves, frankly right now I am feeling I could live with the dac mini and he500 just finepost #1125 of 11427/23/14 at 2:32pm
Ok I have an issue
I want to hook this up so I can use it as a stand alone or as a dac only, this way I can go back and forth between amps, (tube and built in) what I am doing is hook up rca from the output to my external amp (external amp is off), plug headphones into the mini I get a nasty hum, pull the rca the hum goes away.
Plug phones into external amp power it on and I get no hum from the phones
I dont want and dont expect to have to plug in and remove RCA cables everytime I want to use externals
any ideas ???????
- CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › IC: Burson Soloist SL 5 seconds ago
- › WASAPI work around found!!! 14 seconds ago
- › Hello, Looking into Amps 40 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 52 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)