Audio Technica and Sonys have metal grills too FWIRemember if that makes you feel any safer
Related Forum Threads
- I need help Last post on 7/25/11 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good headset for rock(genre) $500 SGD Last post on 7/17/11 at 6:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K702 bass vs Grado Last post on 6/23/11 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/14/13 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why do people like Grados so much? Last post on 11/18/13 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
Grado sound, Bose comfort and Ultrasone S-Logic surround and EMF shielding to reduce 98% of... - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 10812/11/10 at 12:04pmpost #108 of 10812/12/10 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by haloxt
The purpose of his paper was not to prove headphone emf was dangerous to the brain. And there is no real "warning" about emf by Ultrasone, just some info on emf measurements and saying there are some organizations that limit emf emission. I admit what Ultrasone says might make some people scared, but that is not really Ultrasone's fault. The fact of the matter is, there is still a lot of controversy on this topic, with experts on both sides of the fence, and Ultrasone presented both sides fairly which you would notice if you read what they say carefully. If you don't read it carefully, or you don't take responsibility to understand this health-related topic, then it is your fault, not Ultrasone's, and I find it really funny some people here are of the opinion that Ultrasone has no right to say what they want on this topic.
An analogy, people attacking Ultrasone for fearmongering is kind of like people attacking someone trying to interview others to get information on a crime as if that someone was accusing the people he interviews of committing the crime. No, Ultrasone does not say that emf are dangerous as a fact, they say that it is suspected to be by some, and that it is not expected to be so by others.
I'll say again, a lot of countries especially in Europe, believe in the precautionary principle. Unless something is satisfactorily proven to be safe, it is not given to the public. It's a lot less deadly than giving something to the public until it has been satisfactorily proven to be dangerous, during which time there may be much suffering and little recourse to the law.
There is no real "warning" becasue in doing so Ultrasone may face potential lawsuits. The dangers are implied though by their adverts. I think its irresponsible. Too many heath scams and tricks nowadays and especially with something regrading heaht, we should have people as informed as possible.
Also, like i said before the precautionary principle does not really apply here. EMFs have been researched to death. Now any scientist will tell you that there is no way to prove something overall, but there is overwhelming evidence and regulations regarding EMF limitations to or daily lives.
Now if new evidence pops up about headphones, that doesn't mean that people who said headphones are dangerous were correct. It means they just got lucky. Currently, with the avalibale evidence, the only logical conclusion to draw is that headphones, like any other electronic, fall within safe ranges for our daily lifestyle. Any other conclusion is at the moment illogical and without reason.
- Grado sound, Bose comfort and Ultrasone S-Logic surround and EMF shielding to reduce 98% of emmissions. Does it exist ?
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 53 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: HD800 with Stefan Audio Art Ultramod 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › KOJO KM01-BRASS : With a (32Ω) 20mW +20 mW impression and... 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-15) 7 minutes ago
- › Anyone using Arcam irDAC & what do you think of it? 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude