Audio Technica and Sonys have metal grills too FWIRemember if that makes you feel any safer
Related Forum Threads
- I need help Last post on 7/25/11 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good headset for rock(genre) $500 SGD Last post on 7/17/11 at 6:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K702 bass vs Grado Last post on 6/23/11 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/7/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why do people like Grados so much? Last post on 11/18/13 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/jomo-samba-pro-audio-ciem-review/ Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Disclaimer: These headphones were sent to me thanks to the Oppo loaner program. They have since been returned and sent to the next reviewer. Want a headphone that sounds excellent, is easy...
Grado sound, Bose comfort and Ultrasone S-Logic surround and EMF shielding to reduce 98% of emmissions. Does it exist ? - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 10812/11/10 at 12:04pmpost #108 of 10812/12/10 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by haloxt
The purpose of his paper was not to prove headphone emf was dangerous to the brain. And there is no real "warning" about emf by Ultrasone, just some info on emf measurements and saying there are some organizations that limit emf emission. I admit what Ultrasone says might make some people scared, but that is not really Ultrasone's fault. The fact of the matter is, there is still a lot of controversy on this topic, with experts on both sides of the fence, and Ultrasone presented both sides fairly which you would notice if you read what they say carefully. If you don't read it carefully, or you don't take responsibility to understand this health-related topic, then it is your fault, not Ultrasone's, and I find it really funny some people here are of the opinion that Ultrasone has no right to say what they want on this topic.
An analogy, people attacking Ultrasone for fearmongering is kind of like people attacking someone trying to interview others to get information on a crime as if that someone was accusing the people he interviews of committing the crime. No, Ultrasone does not say that emf are dangerous as a fact, they say that it is suspected to be by some, and that it is not expected to be so by others.
I'll say again, a lot of countries especially in Europe, believe in the precautionary principle. Unless something is satisfactorily proven to be safe, it is not given to the public. It's a lot less deadly than giving something to the public until it has been satisfactorily proven to be dangerous, during which time there may be much suffering and little recourse to the law.
There is no real "warning" becasue in doing so Ultrasone may face potential lawsuits. The dangers are implied though by their adverts. I think its irresponsible. Too many heath scams and tricks nowadays and especially with something regrading heaht, we should have people as informed as possible.
Also, like i said before the precautionary principle does not really apply here. EMFs have been researched to death. Now any scientist will tell you that there is no way to prove something overall, but there is overwhelming evidence and regulations regarding EMF limitations to or daily lives.
Now if new evidence pops up about headphones, that doesn't mean that people who said headphones are dangerous were correct. It means they just got lucky. Currently, with the avalibale evidence, the only logical conclusion to draw is that headphones, like any other electronic, fall within safe ranges for our daily lifestyle. Any other conclusion is at the moment illogical and without reason.
- Grado sound, Bose comfort and Ultrasone S-Logic surround and EMF shielding to reduce 98% of emmissions. Does it exist ?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Ultrasone Pro 900 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio e11 amplifier w/ iPod adapter 2 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Greetings from down here to my peeps in the Noble thread 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...