Here's my top 5:
1) Heavily modified Sony SCD-777ES -> SP ES-1 -> HE90
2) Heavily modified Sony SCD-777ES/Exemplar 5910 -> Senn HEV90 -> HE90
3) Exemplar Denon 5910 - > SP SDS -> Sony MDR-R10 (bass heavy)
4) Exemplar Denon 5910 - > Headamp Gilmore Balanced Reference (thanks Fitz!) -> Senn HD-800 w/ Apuresound V3 cable balanced
5) Exemplar Denon 5910 -> SP SDS -> Sony Qualia 010 singled end.
Singled end ICs = Bogdan Audio Gold/Silver Spirit
Balanced ICs = SP Balanced Cable
Music = Jazz, Vocal Jazz, Classical Rocks, Pops.
Note that I no longer own the SP ES-1 due to operational issues. The tube bias was never stable so I returned it back to Mikhail and got my refund. I believe that the Qualia will move up to #3 or #4 if it is balanced.
Edited by purk - 12/29/10 at 8:36am