New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best IEMs for under $30

Poll Results: Which would you choose?

 
  • 16% (3)
    JVC Marshmallows
  • 0% (0)
    Elago E3s
  • 33% (6)
    ME Electric M9s
  • 11% (2)
    ECCI PR100
  • 38% (7)
    ViSang R01
18 Total Votes  
post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

I have been busy researching quite a bit recently and have come across 5 IEMs in particular that seem to appeal to me. I would just like to know what others' opinions are. If you had to pick one, which would you pick?

 

JVC HA-FX34 “Marshmallows”

elago E3

MEElectronics Ai-M9 / M9

ECCI PR100

ViSang R01

 

Thanks for your suggestions!

post #2 of 17

Very unlikely that more than one or two people here have heard most of these, never mind all of them. Is the R01 even available for under $30? It's a great value but I remember they were sold out for a while. 

 

PR100 would be my 2nd choice although next to the R01 the PR100 is a somewhat boring-sounding earphone. 

post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 

ah, I forgot to mention that I listen mostly to rock and pop, and that I would really like a headphone with good isolation. And i would just like to say thank you joker for the reviews on all of these.

post #4 of 17

PR100 should have the most isolation but they are all vented IEMs and will have similar overall levels of isolation next to, say, an open headphone or an earbud. I really think the R01 would work for you if you can find it in your budget.

post #5 of 17

It seems R01 is more fun than PR100/200, but if it is as warm as the R03, I wouldn't buy it, too warm for me, I prefer "colder" sound of Xcape or Silver Bullet. You can get the PR200 for $25.90 on ebay.


Edited by zest - 11/18/10 at 3:22am
post #6 of 17

The Meelectronics M6's are only $22-25 (black clear) on Amazon right now. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M6-BK-Sport-Sound-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2K/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1290079446&sr=1-1

 

Joker and the majority of other reviews seemed to think that they sounded much better than the M9's. I just ordered a pair after a lot of research. I'm excited to get them in a couple days.

post #7 of 17

I have been curious about the elagos for a while but the only set I have heard from your list is the marshmallow.  Decent set for the cash.  

post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 

Just wondering, is there anything else you can recommend for under $30 that is good for pop and rock (mostly rock), and has good isolation?

post #9 of 17

cx500s might be an option..They provide decent sound quality and can be found on amazon for around $30

post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by etragedy View Post

The Meelectronics M6's are only $22-25 (black clear) on Amazon right now. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M6-BK-Sport-Sound-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2K/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1290079446&sr=1-1

 

Joker and the majority of other reviews seemed to think that they sounded much better than the M9's. I just ordered a pair after a lot of research. I'm excited to get them in a couple days.


yes!!  i was disappointed to see the m6 were not on the op list.   i think they are great for rock (punk) plus if you're looking for isolation i believe they include a set of tripple flanged eartips, which isolate the best.  

post #11 of 17


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noingwhat View Post

Just wondering, is there anything else you can recommend for under $30 that is good for pop and rock (mostly rock), and has good isolation?



If isolation is a priority maybe look around for a Klipsch S2 or S2m? They're usually priced around $50 and not a very good deal at that price but I've seen them closer to $25 for the past couple of weeks on amazon. Still not brilliant in terms of sound (next to the R01 or PR100 that is) but not bad and very well-isolating.

post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 

Where can you find the r01s? The only place I have found them is ebay, but I (and I know this is going to sound crazy) am not a big fan of purchasing things off of ebay. Amazon usually has everything ebay has, but it does not have the R01s. Anyplace other than ebay I can get them?

post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by noingwhat View Post

Where can you find the r01s? The only place I have found them is ebay, but I (and I know this is going to sound crazy) am not a big fan of purchasing things off of ebay. Amazon usually has everything ebay has, but it does not have the R01s. Anyplace other than ebay I can get them?



Well the ViSang earphones aren't even supposed to be sold outside of China so ebay is pretty much it. You can get the ECCI models from gyratech.com although it'll cost you more (PR100 will cost about the same as a PR200 on ebay).

post #14 of 17

You can get the Klipsch S2 for under $40 (maybe even under $30) on Amazon. Probably the best isolation you'll find at that price point.

post #15 of 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

You can get the Klipsch S2 for under $40 (maybe even under $30) on Amazon. Probably the best isolation you'll find at that price point.



 

~$25 right now. type in "fatwallet" in the coupon box for 5% discount ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: