Hey guys, I just recently joined the forums and I'm looking to get some new IEM's to complement my newly purchased Grado SR325's.
I travel almost weekly for work and after getting my Grado's a few weeks ago, I've discovered that they don't perform particularly well on airplanes for watching movies/etc... Also, I hate it when I can hear other people's music on planes... so I don't want to be "that" guy. As such, I'm looking for some IEM's that are comfortable to wear for more than a few hours at a time.
For music I don't consider myself a basshead... I like the bass to be tight in my headphones with clear mids and highs.
Also, right now I have the UE Super.fi 5 EB's (with comply foam tips) and used to have the UE Super.fi 5 pro's (until I lost them while traveling recently). I got the Grado's thinking I would use them as my full-time headphones but I don't think they're going to cut it for air travel (for me)...
40% Music: Rock, Alternative, R&B, Rap, Pop
60% Movies and TV shows
Headphones Currenty owned:
- Grado SR325i - Great sound but not suitable for air travel
- Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 EB - like em don't love em
Headphones of the Past:
- Altec Lansing iM716 - didn't like the fit and way too quiet without an amp
- Shure E2C - broke on me, my first pair of higher end IEM's
- Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro - Loved these but unfortunately lost them, only complaint was comfort for anything over an hour
- Westone 2
- Westone UM2
- Head-Direct re0
- UE Super.fi 5 Pro
- Shure se425
- Anything else??
Thanks in advance! There are so many choices for IEM's now I think my head is spinning!