Haven't been here in a long time. I think the bass driver in my left Triple-Fi just quit. I tested multiple different tips and even tried it in both ears and a-b tested with right and the low end is all but gone in the left ear. Not sure if I should try to get a new cable or if something in the earphone itself has died and now I am out a pricy pair of IEMs (admittedly I got them for $99 during the great Amazon sale a while back). I really don't want to go back to my Westone's because they can't hold a candle the to UEs but looks like I am screwed. Any recommendations on testing or trying to isolate the problem enough that I can try to fix this? Cable doesn't crackle and doesn't look too work so I would tend to think that isn't it.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 11/17/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 11/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for running/jogging Last post on 1/28/15 at 7:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Did my UE Triple-Fi's just die?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
it is not the cable. You can prove that to yourself by switching the cables from one earphone to the other. I think one of your drivers either died or a soldering point got loose inside. It is also possible that one of your filters need to be replaced because they might be too soiled with sweat and junk.
Edited by DJGeorgeT - 11/17/10 at 10:53am
Contact Logitech, they'll send you a shipping label to send it back to them, and they should send you a brand new pair. I had my TripleFi's casing fall apart, and they're en route to Logitech right now.
azncookiecutter - How long have you had you TripleFi's? I was lead to believe on the website they only have a 30 day warranty and these are almost a year old. I suppose I will need to investigate that option.
Wow. Just got off the phone with Logitech/UE. Great dude on the phone. Started the replacement process. I have like 25 days of warranty left so they picked a great day to die. This is the second time a headphone company blew me away with service (first time being Westone). Makes the high price seem totally worth it. Now if only I could find my UM-1's to hold me over until I get fresh UE TF10's.
- Did my UE Triple-Fi's just die?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 15 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 20 seconds ago
- › KingSound KS-H3? 1 minute ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Yuin PK1 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY.... 2 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2