Haven't been here in a long time. I think the bass driver in my left Triple-Fi just quit. I tested multiple different tips and even tried it in both ears and a-b tested with right and the low end is all but gone in the left ear. Not sure if I should try to get a new cable or if something in the earphone itself has died and now I am out a pricy pair of IEMs (admittedly I got them for $99 during the great Amazon sale a while back). I really don't want to go back to my Westone's because they can't hold a candle the to UEs but looks like I am screwed. Any recommendations on testing or trying to isolate the problem enough that I can try to fix this? Cable doesn't crackle and doesn't look too work so I would tend to think that isn't it.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 11/17/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 11/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for running/jogging Last post on 1/28/15 at 7:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Did my UE Triple-Fi's just die?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
it is not the cable. You can prove that to yourself by switching the cables from one earphone to the other. I think one of your drivers either died or a soldering point got loose inside. It is also possible that one of your filters need to be replaced because they might be too soiled with sweat and junk.
Edited by DJGeorgeT - 11/17/10 at 10:53am
Contact Logitech, they'll send you a shipping label to send it back to them, and they should send you a brand new pair. I had my TripleFi's casing fall apart, and they're en route to Logitech right now.
azncookiecutter - How long have you had you TripleFi's? I was lead to believe on the website they only have a 30 day warranty and these are almost a year old. I suppose I will need to investigate that option.
Wow. Just got off the phone with Logitech/UE. Great dude on the phone. Started the replacement process. I have like 25 days of warranty left so they picked a great day to die. This is the second time a headphone company blew me away with service (first time being Westone). Makes the high price seem totally worth it. Now if only I could find my UM-1's to hold me over until I get fresh UE TF10's.
- Did my UE Triple-Fi's just die?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 1 minute ago
- › Looking for good non in-ear earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Who thinks Dr. Dre doesn't actually listen to Beats? 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › IEMs with detachable cables? 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2