Haven't been here in a long time. I think the bass driver in my left Triple-Fi just quit. I tested multiple different tips and even tried it in both ears and a-b tested with right and the low end is all but gone in the left ear. Not sure if I should try to get a new cable or if something in the earphone itself has died and now I am out a pricy pair of IEMs (admittedly I got them for $99 during the great Amazon sale a while back). I really don't want to go back to my Westone's because they can't hold a candle the to UEs but looks like I am screwed. Any recommendations on testing or trying to isolate the problem enough that I can try to fix this? Cable doesn't crackle and doesn't look too work so I would tend to think that isn't it.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 11/17/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 11/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for running/jogging Last post on 1/28/15 at 7:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
Did my UE Triple-Fi's just die?post #1 of 611/17/10 at 10:41amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 611/17/10 at 10:44am
it is not the cable. You can prove that to yourself by switching the cables from one earphone to the other. I think one of your drivers either died or a soldering point got loose inside. It is also possible that one of your filters need to be replaced because they might be too soiled with sweat and junk.
Edited by DJGeorgeT - 11/17/10 at 10:53ampost #3 of 611/17/10 at 11:04am
Contact Logitech, they'll send you a shipping label to send it back to them, and they should send you a brand new pair. I had my TripleFi's casing fall apart, and they're en route to Logitech right now.post #4 of 611/17/10 at 4:30pmThread Starter
azncookiecutter - How long have you had you TripleFi's? I was lead to believe on the website they only have a 30 day warranty and these are almost a year old. I suppose I will need to investigate that option.post #5 of 611/18/10 at 6:19ampost #6 of 611/18/10 at 8:45amThread Starter
Wow. Just got off the phone with Logitech/UE. Great dude on the phone. Started the replacement process. I have like 25 days of warranty left so they picked a great day to die. This is the second time a headphone company blew me away with service (first time being Westone). Makes the high price seem totally worth it. Now if only I could find my UM-1's to hold me over until I get fresh UE TF10's.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Did my UE Triple-Fi's just die?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New Member Introductions thread 53 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 58 seconds ago
- › CES 2017 Highlights (Part 1 of 2) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes W900 Hybrid Flagship Thread 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Super Can Meet, Sunday 2/5/17 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear