Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Headphone Stand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Headphone Stand - Page 36

post #526 of 542

I kind of like the look of this one.  And it looks like it's got a good curve for the headband.

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Gypsum-Headphone-Stand-Sizes/dp/B00D741DRK/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&qid=1375753356&sr=8-45&keywords=headphone+stand

post #527 of 542



This took me 2 weeks to finish.  Hope this gets accepted on Amazon.  Will work on adding a drawer in front to house the electrical/power sockets so chargers for both the DAP and amp can be plugged onto the drawer.  

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #528 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post



This took me 2 weeks to finish.  Hope this gets accepted on Amazon.  Will work on adding a drawer in front to house the electrical/power sockets so chargers for both the DAP and amp can be plugged

 

 

 

Pretty neat. Are you mass-manufacturing or trying to sell the 1-off?

post #529 of 542

Amazing stand, man!

post #530 of 542

Was able to pick up the older model Rubbermaid Hose Hook at Lowes for $15 CDN. It was almost perfect but I was super anal about the pressure points put on the headphone band like most people in this thread. So I slightly modded mine by adding a plastic piece from an old Verbatim DVD spindle.

 

I have a pair of Ultrasone Pro 990 and underneath the headband is a piece of foam. When placed on top of the grey holder on the Rubbermaid, it exerts upward pressure that will cause an indentation. To alleviate the pressure, I cut a plastic piece from the side of a DVD spindle and snapped it into the grey clasp of the Rubbermaid holder. The headphones now rest on top of the plastic piece, where the pressure is spread out across the plastic piece instead of the narrow hook area of the stock clasp.

 

This will work with other headphones as well for those worried that the clasp putting a permanent indentation in their headphone band. 

 

Thanks OP for this great find.

 

 

  


Edited by shinyredbike - 8/25/13 at 2:38pm
post #531 of 542

sp3ll...thats ingenious! cool.gif

 

could you provide more details about the build? (materials/machinery, etc..)

post #532 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzer View Post
 

sp3ll...thats ingenious! cool.gif

 

could you provide more details about the build? (materials/machinery, etc..)

 



Pure wood save for the gooseneck and the brace. But that's the first of its kind.  I've made an evolved stand for now but still dissatisfied with its final outcome.  A more mature looking, more ergonomic and certainly lighter stand is in the works.

Here is the version 2 that leaves me still dissatisfied.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by sp3llv3xit - 9/12/13 at 4:13am
post #533 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyredbike View Post
 

Was able to pick up the older model Rubbermaid Hose Hook at Lowes for $15 CDN. It was almost perfect but I was super anal about the pressure points put on the headphone band like most people in this thread. So I slightly modded mine by adding a plastic piece from an old Verbatim DVD spindle.

 

I have a pair of Ultrasone Pro 990 and underneath the headband is a piece of foam. When placed on top of the grey holder on the Rubbermaid, it exerts upward pressure that will cause an indentation. To alleviate the pressure, I cut a plastic piece from the side of a DVD spindle and snapped it into the grey clasp of the Rubbermaid holder. The headphones now rest on top of the plastic piece, where the pressure is spread out across the plastic piece instead of the narrow hook area of the stock clasp.

 

This will work with other headphones as well for those worried that the clasp putting a permanent indentation in their headphone band. 

 

Thanks OP for this great find.

 

 

  

Nice!

I will try this soon. I need a stand for my new HD598. 

post #534 of 542

Low budget listening station............

 

9"-10" Metal Bookend or Document Holder

5" Metal Bookend

1" Foam Pipe Insulation

Velcro

Rubber Feet

 

 

http://www.officemax.com/catalog/search.jsp?freeText=metal+bookends&search.x=0&search.y=0&searchText=Search+by+Keyword+or+Item+%23

 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Armacell-1-in-x-6-ft-Tubolit-Self-Seal-Foam-Pipe-Insulation-OES11838/100565309?keyword=803014118101#.UpoibCf4wf4

 

http://www.homedepot.com/s/velcro+strips?NCNI-5

 

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103342

 

I already had everything except the pipe insulation.

 

The Sansa Fuze+ and Artcessories HeadAmp4 are attached to the 5" bookend with velcro, which is bent slightly backward for easy viewing.

 

The stick-on rubber feet are on the bottoms of the two bookends.

 

 

 

 

post #535 of 542

Picked up the Rubbermaid Hose Hook from Home Depot for $14 (CAN)

Works well for my HD 598. I will try to upload a pic after work. 

post #536 of 542
post #537 of 542

Awesome idea! Going to go to one of my local HD's this weekend and pick one up.

post #538 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 



This took me 2 weeks to finish.  Hope this gets accepted on Amazon.  Will work on adding a drawer in front to house the electrical/power sockets so chargers for both the DAP and amp can be plugged onto the drawer.  

How did you do this man? It looks so good. Is it made of plastic, fiberglass, ? Either way, it's awesome. 

post #539 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

How did you do this man? It looks so good. Is it made of plastic, fiberglass, ? Either way, it's awesome. 


It is made of solid wood and metal.

But that is no longer my stand.  I have since moved on to a simpler stand shown below.

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #540 of 542

Home Depot one looks nice also.

I just got one from Lowes. Looks about the same. Very sturdy. $9.98

 

You can find it in the garage tool cabinet section. Kobalt Tools. All black cabinets.

 

www.kobalttools.com    11 1/4" high. The base is 7.3/4" wide. 5" deep. Weight 2 pounds. (1.98)

 

Walt


Edited by Balticvid - 4/21/14 at 12:41pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Headphone Stand