Nice! It's a great deal and it's quite well made. Plus the $15 includes shipping and it came within about a week and a half. Perfect size too!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
New Headphone Stand - Page 29post #421 of 54611/14/11 at 9:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 54611/15/11 at 4:57ampost #423 of 54611/15/11 at 9:23am
Updated my DIY stand - scrap maple base, with a leather strip around it ($1 vintage store belt) - 3/8ths all-thread sheathed in 1/2inch copper pipe (mandrel shaped to fit over lock nuts) and 3 inch PVC connector pipe with a craft foam pad.post #424 of 54611/15/11 at 10:13ampost #425 of 54611/16/11 at 3:45am
Quote:Originally Posted by liamstrain
Updated my DIY stand - scrap maple base, with a leather strip around it ($1 vintage store belt) - 3/8ths all-thread sheathed in 1/2inch copper pipe (mandrel shaped to fit over lock nuts) and 3 inch PVC connector pipe with a craft foam pad.
I like the simplicity of it.post #426 of 54611/26/11 at 3:45pmQuote:
I placed some foam in them, and while there is some, its usually gone in like 30 seconds or so. I now own 3 of them, and am looking for a 4th(Home Depot is sold out) for my newest headphone acquisition.post #427 of 54612/8/11 at 10:58pmpost #428 of 54612/9/11 at 12:19amQuote:Originally Posted by toyopl
I'll try this bad boy out, hoping to take off AKG logo off it if possible.
Yes, I bought that from eBay as well. Shipping from Asia was quick. I use it for my Ultrasone PRO 550.
It works fine but be aware that it will start peeling in places and it's noticeable up-close. It looks a little cheap. Don't rub it against anything uncovered, even the cardboard box. Second, it was very light for me, to the point I was knocking it over when I would pick my headphones up. Now I can put it against my PC, but I bought some paperweights and that fixed the problem somewhat. I might look in to the Woo Audio stands next.
Edited by Devarika Woulf - 12/9/11 at 12:20ampost #429 of 5462/8/12 at 3:13ampost #430 of 5463/1/12 at 6:18pm
I picked up the stand today from Home Depot, cost me $10. It looks a bit different (may be a new model) but is just as functional. I can provide pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.post #431 of 5463/1/12 at 6:21pmpost #432 of 5463/1/12 at 6:51pmpost #433 of 5463/1/12 at 7:18pmQuote:
Sure thing, please post up the pics of it.post #434 of 5463/1/12 at 8:15pmpost #435 of 5463/1/12 at 9:04pm
Heck yeah! Going to try and snag a couple more of those. Couldn't find a single one when I went there for the old version had to custom order from a pal's hardware store ended up around $18 Canadian a piece but well worth it. Thanks for checking in with the new versions. I'll add a bit of the old pipe foam and it's done! Same price range? Any particular department or location in the store I know people had a hard time finding them before.
Edited by nick n - 3/1/12 at 9:07pm
- New Headphone Stand
- Headphone Impedance
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 19 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 51 seconds ago
- › Siemens JAN 6922 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear