Nice! It's a great deal and it's quite well made. Plus the $15 includes shipping and it came within about a week and a half. Perfect size too!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
New Headphone Stand - Page 29post #421 of 54611/14/11 at 9:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 54611/15/11 at 4:57ampost #423 of 54611/15/11 at 9:23am
Updated my DIY stand - scrap maple base, with a leather strip around it ($1 vintage store belt) - 3/8ths all-thread sheathed in 1/2inch copper pipe (mandrel shaped to fit over lock nuts) and 3 inch PVC connector pipe with a craft foam pad.post #424 of 54611/15/11 at 10:13ampost #425 of 54611/16/11 at 3:45am
Quote:Originally Posted by liamstrain
Updated my DIY stand - scrap maple base, with a leather strip around it ($1 vintage store belt) - 3/8ths all-thread sheathed in 1/2inch copper pipe (mandrel shaped to fit over lock nuts) and 3 inch PVC connector pipe with a craft foam pad.
I like the simplicity of it.post #426 of 54611/26/11 at 3:45pmQuote:
I placed some foam in them, and while there is some, its usually gone in like 30 seconds or so. I now own 3 of them, and am looking for a 4th(Home Depot is sold out) for my newest headphone acquisition.post #427 of 54612/8/11 at 10:58pmpost #428 of 54612/9/11 at 12:19amQuote:Originally Posted by toyopl
I'll try this bad boy out, hoping to take off AKG logo off it if possible.
Yes, I bought that from eBay as well. Shipping from Asia was quick. I use it for my Ultrasone PRO 550.
It works fine but be aware that it will start peeling in places and it's noticeable up-close. It looks a little cheap. Don't rub it against anything uncovered, even the cardboard box. Second, it was very light for me, to the point I was knocking it over when I would pick my headphones up. Now I can put it against my PC, but I bought some paperweights and that fixed the problem somewhat. I might look in to the Woo Audio stands next.
Edited by Devarika Woulf - 12/9/11 at 12:20ampost #429 of 5462/8/12 at 3:13ampost #430 of 5463/1/12 at 6:18pm
I picked up the stand today from Home Depot, cost me $10. It looks a bit different (may be a new model) but is just as functional. I can provide pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.post #431 of 5463/1/12 at 6:21pmpost #432 of 5463/1/12 at 6:51pmpost #433 of 5463/1/12 at 7:18pmQuote:
Sure thing, please post up the pics of it.post #434 of 5463/1/12 at 8:15pmpost #435 of 5463/1/12 at 9:04pm
Heck yeah! Going to try and snag a couple more of those. Couldn't find a single one when I went there for the old version had to custom order from a pal's hardware store ended up around $18 Canadian a piece but well worth it. Thanks for checking in with the new versions. I'll add a bit of the old pipe foam and it's done! Same price range? Any particular department or location in the store I know people had a hard time finding them before.
Edited by nick n - 3/1/12 at 9:07pm
- New Headphone Stand
- Headphone Impedance
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 6 minutes ago
- › Portable setup to drive the T1 Gen 2 7 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review 10 minutes ago
- › Attention! Fake Klipsch Image X10 10 minutes ago
- › AR M20, DP-X1 or Cayin I5? 10 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 11 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 13 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DAC Amp HA200 14 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...