how high is the sieveking headphone stand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
New Headphone Stand - Page 28post #406 of 54610/16/11 at 10:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 54611/5/11 at 1:45am
My first post. Hopefully my last because I can't afford to hang in a new hobby, much less this one.
Did some lurking looking for a decent set of gaming headphones. Ended up grabbing a set of Senns hd598 from electronicsexpo at $173 ..hope that's good, I think it was a steal.
Grabbed the last rubbermaid hose hanger stand in the city after many calls and trips to various HDs. Thinking HD doesn't carry them anymore, at least in my area. Supposedly there is a case of them at a "local" store. Will probably go grab them because hose people can go F themselves. If I do I'll post in this thread and sell at cost + shipping since I appreciate the knowledge you guys gave me. HD is a PITA and I don't wish that on anyone.
Right now I have some eggshell foam I hacked out of my M1 shipping container sitting in it protecting my head band padding. I just submitted my info to tempurpedic though... Tempurpedic foam sample on the way. I'm thinking free expensive memory foam, cut to fit, will be perfect and cheap. My new loved headphones should get the same lovin' I do when sleeping.
Just thought I'd throw the idea out there since I've read about socks, noodles, and pipe insulation as solutions. If I'm ambitious I'll update with pics when it's done.
Thanks a million to everyone on head-fi, I'm loving my venture into headphones!post #408 of 54611/5/11 at 12:46pmpost #409 of 54611/5/11 at 8:10pm
Its not Tempurpedic, but I just used some foam from work, and double-sided tape, and came up with this:
And I own 2...post #410 of 54611/5/11 at 11:31pm
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping the sample is big enough (in the old commercials it looked like a 6x6 square) but I'll be cutting it to fit the shape of the stand and rounded out on top so it crests slightly above the bracket. Hopefully will have enough to do a flat version as well because I don't know how well it will work. No heat from them and I don't think headphones are heavy enough to compress the foam.post #411 of 54611/6/11 at 3:04am
Failing that you can get a 4 to 5 ft length of grey foam pipe insulation for a couple bucks.
NICE Powerslave album That was the first album I ever bought if I recall, actually cassette, and used it in one of the first early non-Sony " Walkmans ". Still have that thing.
Edited by nick n - 11/6/11 at 3:07ampost #412 of 54611/6/11 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by monkeyskunks
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping the sample is big enough (in the old commercials it looked like a 6x6 square) but I'll be cutting it to fit the shape of the stand and rounded out on top so it crests slightly above the bracket. Hopefully will have enough to do a flat version as well because I don't know how well it will work. No heat from them and I don't think headphones are heavy enough to compress the foam.
I never thought of making it round at the top. I think I have the foam around here somewhere, I will give that a shot.
Yeah, it's my favorite Maiden album. It still gets heavy airplay to this day with me.post #413 of 54611/6/11 at 8:51ampost #414 of 54611/6/11 at 5:03pm
You are a true Head-fier my friend.
Quote:post #415 of 54611/7/11 at 11:20ampost #416 of 54611/7/11 at 11:12pmpost #417 of 54611/8/11 at 5:30am
That's unfortunate...I'd buy 2.
Quote:post #418 of 54611/8/11 at 6:18pm
Tragedy, isn't it? I actually prefer that to the Omega stand (amusingly, I own two of the latter b/c of a generous uncle in Seoul).post #419 of 54611/14/11 at 4:11pm
- New Headphone Stand
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 27 seconds ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 54 seconds ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › Join in the first meeting ever of FiiO in US!! 3 minutes ago
- › Linear Power Supply for MicroZotl2 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendation on upgrading my Grado sr325is Setup 5 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...