how high is the sieveking headphone stand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
New Headphone Stand - Page 28post #406 of 54410/16/11 at 10:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 54411/5/11 at 1:45am
My first post. Hopefully my last because I can't afford to hang in a new hobby, much less this one.
Did some lurking looking for a decent set of gaming headphones. Ended up grabbing a set of Senns hd598 from electronicsexpo at $173 ..hope that's good, I think it was a steal.
Grabbed the last rubbermaid hose hanger stand in the city after many calls and trips to various HDs. Thinking HD doesn't carry them anymore, at least in my area. Supposedly there is a case of them at a "local" store. Will probably go grab them because hose people can go F themselves. If I do I'll post in this thread and sell at cost + shipping since I appreciate the knowledge you guys gave me. HD is a PITA and I don't wish that on anyone.
Right now I have some eggshell foam I hacked out of my M1 shipping container sitting in it protecting my head band padding. I just submitted my info to tempurpedic though... Tempurpedic foam sample on the way. I'm thinking free expensive memory foam, cut to fit, will be perfect and cheap. My new loved headphones should get the same lovin' I do when sleeping.
Just thought I'd throw the idea out there since I've read about socks, noodles, and pipe insulation as solutions. If I'm ambitious I'll update with pics when it's done.
Thanks a million to everyone on head-fi, I'm loving my venture into headphones!post #408 of 54411/5/11 at 12:46pmpost #409 of 54411/5/11 at 8:10pm
Its not Tempurpedic, but I just used some foam from work, and double-sided tape, and came up with this:
And I own 2...post #410 of 54411/5/11 at 11:31pm
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping the sample is big enough (in the old commercials it looked like a 6x6 square) but I'll be cutting it to fit the shape of the stand and rounded out on top so it crests slightly above the bracket. Hopefully will have enough to do a flat version as well because I don't know how well it will work. No heat from them and I don't think headphones are heavy enough to compress the foam.post #411 of 54411/6/11 at 3:04am
Failing that you can get a 4 to 5 ft length of grey foam pipe insulation for a couple bucks.
NICE Powerslave album That was the first album I ever bought if I recall, actually cassette, and used it in one of the first early non-Sony " Walkmans ". Still have that thing.
Edited by nick n - 11/6/11 at 3:07ampost #412 of 54411/6/11 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by monkeyskunks
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping the sample is big enough (in the old commercials it looked like a 6x6 square) but I'll be cutting it to fit the shape of the stand and rounded out on top so it crests slightly above the bracket. Hopefully will have enough to do a flat version as well because I don't know how well it will work. No heat from them and I don't think headphones are heavy enough to compress the foam.
I never thought of making it round at the top. I think I have the foam around here somewhere, I will give that a shot.
Yeah, it's my favorite Maiden album. It still gets heavy airplay to this day with me.post #413 of 54411/6/11 at 8:51ampost #414 of 54411/6/11 at 5:03pm
You are a true Head-fier my friend.
Quote:post #415 of 54411/7/11 at 11:20ampost #416 of 54411/7/11 at 11:12pmpost #417 of 54411/8/11 at 5:30am
That's unfortunate...I'd buy 2.
Quote:post #418 of 54411/8/11 at 6:18pm
Tragedy, isn't it? I actually prefer that to the Omega stand (amusingly, I own two of the latter b/c of a generous uncle in Seoul).post #419 of 54411/14/11 at 4:11pm
- New Headphone Stand
- Headphone Impedance
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 45 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399 1 minute ago
- › WTB - Audio-GD Master 9 [230V] 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Good earbuds for rock 4 minutes ago
- › X3ii not being seen in Windows 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2