how high is the sieveking headphone stand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
New Headphone Stand - Page 28post #406 of 54610/16/11 at 10:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 54611/5/11 at 1:45am
My first post. Hopefully my last because I can't afford to hang in a new hobby, much less this one.
Did some lurking looking for a decent set of gaming headphones. Ended up grabbing a set of Senns hd598 from electronicsexpo at $173 ..hope that's good, I think it was a steal.
Grabbed the last rubbermaid hose hanger stand in the city after many calls and trips to various HDs. Thinking HD doesn't carry them anymore, at least in my area. Supposedly there is a case of them at a "local" store. Will probably go grab them because hose people can go F themselves. If I do I'll post in this thread and sell at cost + shipping since I appreciate the knowledge you guys gave me. HD is a PITA and I don't wish that on anyone.
Right now I have some eggshell foam I hacked out of my M1 shipping container sitting in it protecting my head band padding. I just submitted my info to tempurpedic though... Tempurpedic foam sample on the way. I'm thinking free expensive memory foam, cut to fit, will be perfect and cheap. My new loved headphones should get the same lovin' I do when sleeping.
Just thought I'd throw the idea out there since I've read about socks, noodles, and pipe insulation as solutions. If I'm ambitious I'll update with pics when it's done.
Thanks a million to everyone on head-fi, I'm loving my venture into headphones!post #408 of 54611/5/11 at 12:46pmpost #409 of 54611/5/11 at 8:10pm
Its not Tempurpedic, but I just used some foam from work, and double-sided tape, and came up with this:
And I own 2...post #410 of 54611/5/11 at 11:31pm
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping the sample is big enough (in the old commercials it looked like a 6x6 square) but I'll be cutting it to fit the shape of the stand and rounded out on top so it crests slightly above the bracket. Hopefully will have enough to do a flat version as well because I don't know how well it will work. No heat from them and I don't think headphones are heavy enough to compress the foam.post #411 of 54611/6/11 at 3:04am
Failing that you can get a 4 to 5 ft length of grey foam pipe insulation for a couple bucks.
NICE Powerslave album That was the first album I ever bought if I recall, actually cassette, and used it in one of the first early non-Sony " Walkmans ". Still have that thing.
Edited by nick n - 11/6/11 at 3:07ampost #412 of 54611/6/11 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by monkeyskunks
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping the sample is big enough (in the old commercials it looked like a 6x6 square) but I'll be cutting it to fit the shape of the stand and rounded out on top so it crests slightly above the bracket. Hopefully will have enough to do a flat version as well because I don't know how well it will work. No heat from them and I don't think headphones are heavy enough to compress the foam.
I never thought of making it round at the top. I think I have the foam around here somewhere, I will give that a shot.
Yeah, it's my favorite Maiden album. It still gets heavy airplay to this day with me.post #413 of 54611/6/11 at 8:51ampost #414 of 54611/6/11 at 5:03pm
You are a true Head-fier my friend.
Quote:post #415 of 54611/7/11 at 11:20ampost #416 of 54611/7/11 at 11:12pmpost #417 of 54611/8/11 at 5:30am
That's unfortunate...I'd buy 2.
Quote:post #418 of 54611/8/11 at 6:18pm
Tragedy, isn't it? I actually prefer that to the Omega stand (amusingly, I own two of the latter b/c of a generous uncle in Seoul).post #419 of 54611/14/11 at 4:11pm
- New Headphone Stand
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo in Mint Condition 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 8 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 9 minutes ago
- › Under $30 ear buds or headphones to use with my smartphone. 10 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...