how high is the sieveking headphone stand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Low Impedance Cans and Amps? Last post on 2/8/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with headphones for Yulong U100 on a $200 budget? Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
New Headphone Stand - Page 28post #406 of 53410/16/11 at 10:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 53411/5/11 at 1:45am
My first post. Hopefully my last because I can't afford to hang in a new hobby, much less this one.
Did some lurking looking for a decent set of gaming headphones. Ended up grabbing a set of Senns hd598 from electronicsexpo at $173 ..hope that's good, I think it was a steal.
Grabbed the last rubbermaid hose hanger stand in the city after many calls and trips to various HDs. Thinking HD doesn't carry them anymore, at least in my area. Supposedly there is a case of them at a "local" store. Will probably go grab them because hose people can go F themselves. If I do I'll post in this thread and sell at cost + shipping since I appreciate the knowledge you guys gave me. HD is a PITA and I don't wish that on anyone.
Right now I have some eggshell foam I hacked out of my M1 shipping container sitting in it protecting my head band padding. I just submitted my info to tempurpedic though... Tempurpedic foam sample on the way. I'm thinking free expensive memory foam, cut to fit, will be perfect and cheap. My new loved headphones should get the same lovin' I do when sleeping.
Just thought I'd throw the idea out there since I've read about socks, noodles, and pipe insulation as solutions. If I'm ambitious I'll update with pics when it's done.
Thanks a million to everyone on head-fi, I'm loving my venture into headphones!post #408 of 53411/5/11 at 12:46pmpost #409 of 53411/5/11 at 8:10pm
Its not Tempurpedic, but I just used some foam from work, and double-sided tape, and came up with this:
And I own 2...post #410 of 53411/5/11 at 11:31pm
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping the sample is big enough (in the old commercials it looked like a 6x6 square) but I'll be cutting it to fit the shape of the stand and rounded out on top so it crests slightly above the bracket. Hopefully will have enough to do a flat version as well because I don't know how well it will work. No heat from them and I don't think headphones are heavy enough to compress the foam.post #411 of 53411/6/11 at 3:04am
Failing that you can get a 4 to 5 ft length of grey foam pipe insulation for a couple bucks.
NICE Powerslave album That was the first album I ever bought if I recall, actually cassette, and used it in one of the first early non-Sony " Walkmans ". Still have that thing.
Edited by nick n - 11/6/11 at 3:07ampost #412 of 53411/6/11 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by monkeyskunks
That's exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping the sample is big enough (in the old commercials it looked like a 6x6 square) but I'll be cutting it to fit the shape of the stand and rounded out on top so it crests slightly above the bracket. Hopefully will have enough to do a flat version as well because I don't know how well it will work. No heat from them and I don't think headphones are heavy enough to compress the foam.
I never thought of making it round at the top. I think I have the foam around here somewhere, I will give that a shot.
Yeah, it's my favorite Maiden album. It still gets heavy airplay to this day with me.post #413 of 53411/6/11 at 8:51ampost #414 of 53411/6/11 at 5:03pm
You are a true Head-fier my friend.
Quote:post #415 of 53411/7/11 at 11:20ampost #416 of 53411/7/11 at 11:12pmpost #417 of 53411/8/11 at 5:30am
That's unfortunate...I'd buy 2.
Quote:post #418 of 53411/8/11 at 6:18pm
Tragedy, isn't it? I actually prefer that to the Omega stand (amusingly, I own two of the latter b/c of a generous uncle in Seoul).post #419 of 53411/14/11 at 4:11pm
- New Headphone Stand
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 1 minute ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing headphones 1 minute ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › 26" mini to mini stereo cable with right angle ends 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE8: The Search for the Perfect Tips 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › FAQ and Advice of X3 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe