Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Headphone Stand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Headphone Stand - Page 24

post #346 of 542

I saw the single post ones there at a store and they didn't seem to leave much room between earcups if the headphonesare sitting on the posts and the cans are of any size. Also one thing I noticed as well was that unless the backboard has a rather large spacer behind it the earcups will be hitting the wall.

Call me fussy I know.  It was frustrating to go looking for stuff like this and hardly any of it was suitable that I found.

It's really too bad for me they look nice.

I saw someone in the DIY section ( headphone stands ) that made something similar to those only with longer posts. Looked good.

post #347 of 542

the jewelry stands look interesting

post #348 of 542

just ordered four of the glass heads ;). pics tomorrow.

 

Note before flame: Only got my 595's to show, the other heads will be for my Siberia V2's (when ordered) and my T1's (when i sell a kidney). The other head I'm getting as insurance since I'm clumsy lol.

post #349 of 542

Love this thread.

I found this guy in an antique store, girlfriend hates it and wants me to get it out of the bedroom but i dig it.

Had to stretch my RS1s to fit, too nervous to try and pry my he500s onto it right now.

 

photo.JPG

post #350 of 542

yay2.jpg

 

So I went to home depot yesterday and I ended up getting my hose hook for free! I guess the employees just got so annoyed with me because I asked like 6 of them to help me find it, but no one knew what I was talking about hahahaha (and I even showed them a picture!) And then when I finally found it, there was only one and it was damaged! So I asked for a discount and they were so done with me, they just gave it to me for free. Hooray!

 

And I cut off the corners because that's where the damage was. It looked so sad hahaha. But I don't think it looks too bad now.

post #351 of 542

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycake View Post

So I went to home depot yesterday and I ended up getting my hose hook for free! I guess the employees just got so annoyed with me because I asked like 6 of them to help me find it, but no one knew what I was talking about hahahaha (and I even showed them a picture!) And then when I finally found it, there was only one and it was damaged! So I asked for a discount and they were so done with me, they just gave it to me for free. Hooray!

 

And I cut off the corners because that's where the damage was. It looked so sad hahaha. But I don't think it looks too bad now.


Oh LOL!  I asked one employee when I got mine and they referred me to the home and garden section.  I looked around, asked another employee, and we couldn't find it.  I had to grab something else on the opposite side of the store, so as I was walking by the checkouts I noticed them on an endcap with a few other similar fixtures.

post #352 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly21029 View Post

 


Oh LOL!  I asked one employee when I got mine and they referred me to the home and garden section.  I looked around, asked another employee, and we couldn't find it.  I had to grab something else on the opposite side of the store, so as I was walking by the checkouts I noticed them on an endcap with a few other similar fixtures.


Hahaha wow, dang home depot employees. They don't even know where their hose hooks are. I ended up finding mine in the closet organization section. Strange o strange

 

post #353 of 542

When I went to home depot I had written the code number off of the website. I walked directly to the help desk, they punched into some device they carry around with them, told me how many they had and walked me directly to it. There also was only a couple on the corner at the end of the isle but when I investigated further down the isle I found another whole box full of them. Just some tips for others in the future.

 

Been using mine now for quite some time. For those with the ATH M50 I recommend getting some foam pipe insulation as shown a page or two back and apply it to the stand. If you dont you WILL get a crease in the foam on the headband if you leave it there for prolonged periods. At least I did. I was able to work it out but I wouldnt test it further. The foam on top or other DIY method of your choice is a good idea. If you come up with something new please come back and share it here.

post #354 of 542

rooms_fs_1.jpg rooms_fs_2.jpg

rooms_fs_3.jpg rooms_fs_4.jpg

 

I'm very satisfied with it especially since I only found it by accident when I was searching for something different. Great build quality and a real eye catcher on my desk smile.gif

It is called ROOM's FS and is available in different types of wood. I have the maple wood variant.


Edited by Shoggy - 7/20/11 at 2:29pm
post #355 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post

rooms_fs_1.jpg rooms_fs_2.jpg

rooms_fs_3.jpg rooms_fs_4.jpg

 

I'm very satisfied with it especially since I only found it by accident when I was searching for something different. Great build quality and a real eye catcher on my desk smile.gif

It is called ROOM's FS and is available in different types of wood. I have the maple wood variant.



WOW!  That is one gorgeous stand!  I actually prefer that to the Omega. :)

 

I could only find one website that carries them but they didn't list a price.  Either here or by PM, would you mind telling us/me what this costs?

post #356 of 542


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post

 

I'm very satisfied with it especially since I only found it by accident when I was searching for something different. Great build quality and a real eye catcher on my desk smile.gif

It is called ROOM's FS and is available in different types of wood. I have the maple wood variant.



We demand links. 

 

Also, please don't quote pictures guys. 

 

EDIT: Found the link. That wasn't hard. o;

http://www.hifi-berlin.com/Online-Shop/HiFi/Headphones/Headphone-Accessories/Room-s-FS.html

 

No price listed, but probably around the Omega's price. Very gorgeous, so maybe it'll inspire some people.

 


Edited by Blisse - 7/20/11 at 6:17pm
post #357 of 542

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

 

...please don't quote pictures guys...

 

 

http://www.hifi-berlin.com/Online-Shop/HiFi/Headphones/Headphone-Accessories/Room-s-FS.html

 

 

Some pictures are worth quoting. :P

 

Yep, same link I found.

post #358 of 542

The link to the company is http://www.rooms-design.de but according to their website they only sell them through other shops and not directly. I have ordered my here since they offered me the best price: €80 incl. shipping.

post #359 of 542

Since i finally got around to taking pics:

 

IMG_1537.jpg 

 

IMG_1536.jpg

 

 

 

got 4 heads in total, love each one lol. original person in 2nd page didnt mention that their handcrafted in spain; so each one is slightly more...um, mentally inept. :D


Edited by GomerrPyle - 7/22/11 at 5:17pm
post #360 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by GomerrPyle View Post

Since i finally got around to taking pics:

 

IMG_1537.jpg

 

IMG_1536.jpg

 

 

 

got 4 heads in total, love each one lol. original person in 2nd page didnt mention that their handcrafted in spain; so each one is slightly more...um, mentally inept. :D



Thanks for the picture i was going to ask how the HD 598 fit in the glass head. Where do you leave the head at ? I know if i leave it in my room when i wake up i will trip out lol . PS Can somebody give me the link for the glass head i just finish reading all the pages and i don't feel like going back 


Edited by Ricanlegend - 7/22/11 at 7:36pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Headphone Stand